What's new

Beef banned in Maharashtra, 5 yrs jail, Rs 10,000 fine for possession or sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
eating rice, pulses, chapati, curd, and vegetables. this is how you minimize it. Neither you need big places for slaughter, nor special places to cook, nor too much gas. so less metal used and hence less demand, and hence less supply and hence less mining and hence healthy you and healthy earth :)

it is upto Pakistan, which Law they want to enforce, who am I to speak on that? I am concerned about Indian judiciary and law enforcement.
I think you already know what I am about to point at and are therefore being smart.

The blasphemy law is one law based on religion just as the cow slaughter ban is a law based on religion. If an Indian believes that the blasphemy law is wrong (which apparently you don't), then he should also believe that the cow slaughter ban is wrong.

Blasphemy law also imposes things on the Hindus and Christians of Pakistan while the cow slaughter law in maharashtra does the same as well. Can anyone really be told what he is to do or not do? To eat or not eat? I say again, the model of secularism I believe in should not forbid anything. It should not forbid what you ear or what you wear and anything in between. I though once tried to learn from the Indian model of secularism I learnt that most Indians don't have a secular mindset themselves. Particularly why my family suffered.

@jamahir, can you read my post number 473 and tell me what you think. Can you also tell us how much halal food or even beef is available in your city. @Syama Ayas can help too. Its a simple question. Please a reply off with that dirty cloth of Indian nationalism on the head. A genuine one.

I just have one simple question for other "Indians", the original Indians, Hindus, not us muslims. There is a law called the blasphemy law that exists in Pakistan. It has been used to oppress minorities but at times muslims as well. People blame others of being blasphemers and they suffer severe persecution as a result. Also Hindus forcibly converted cannot be converted to hinduism back again-because blasphemy law applied there too. Rinkle Kumari a Hindu and Rimsha Masih a christian suffered because of this law.

Do you guys support this law?

I am replying while wearing a towel,

The answer is no

I think you already know what I am about to point at and are therefore being smart.

The blasphemy law is one law based on religion just as the cow slaughter ban is a law based on religion. If an Indian believes that the blasphemy law is wrong (which apparently you don't), then he should also believe that the cow slaughter ban is wrong.

Blasphemy law also imposes things on the Hindus and Christians of Pakistan while the cow slaughter law in maharashtra does the same as well. Can anyone really be told what he is to do or not do? To eat or not eat? I say again, the model of secularism I believe in should not forbid anything. It should not forbid what you ear or what you wear and anything in between.

I gave you a link, and there is a study going on on food regulation in advance countries. The govt will have the authority to decide what should be available in the market, of what quality, according to climate, region and season for nutritious diet. E commerce is good in India, people can buy vegetables through e commerce, or have a look at the market. So , not something to do with all those idiotic laws. So India has just moved itself close to that practice, you can take this way. But why Pakistanis have the problem, we are doing it in India. :P

Really ??
Where did you got that retard idealogy?
We are majority so we should suffer all those
atrocities against us Right?Secular country means equal treatment for all people.Being a minority doesnt give you a license to attacks the faiths and beliefs of majorities.We are also humans.
It is this kind of stupidity caused the rise os some ultra section in our camp.Pathetic

Don't worry, for ever mallu who claim beef is good, there is a mallu like me who opposes it.

Kerala is a very progressive state since time immemorial due to historical sea trade with Arabic world.
People from kerala have a unspoken but clear brotherhood among themselves whether Hindu, Muslim or Christian. Anywhere you go outside the country, a malayali will exhibit extra friendliness towards other malayalis. I see this all the time, since I live most of my time outside. we go out of our way to help each other and I have done this many times in job referral, even strangers. I do not look for their religion. Most of my friends are hindus. I don't understand this "extremism" from you guys. live and let live is how we all grew. I know any "defence" forum will attract people with extremist thinking, but I expect more from malayalis. What happened sahothara ?

By the way "MokshaVimukthi", we all know 95% of Keralites eat beef, thoughw e all prefer pothirachi(buffalo meat)

@SrNair what were you saying about how Madrassis don't discriminate against North Indians?

We south Indian don't discriminate, but we know to dish it to folks with fascist views.
If we are discriminating, how are so many North Indian labourers working in south. In kerala, there was a recent outcry about improving living condition of these poor laborers from North.
My sister employed a baby sitter from North paying Rs.10,000 per month whereas she used to get only Rs.4000 in Delhi, and that delhi treatment includes occasional belt beating(she told us). We treat our servants, specially in kerala with dignity, just like one of us, so much that they don't want to leave us.

Last edited:
I gave you a link, and there is a study going on on food regulation in advance countries. The govt will have the authority to decide what should be available in the market, of what quality, according to climate, region and season for nutritious diet. E commerce is good in India, people can buy vegetables through e commerce, or have a look at the market. So , not something to do with all those idiotic laws. So India has just moved itself close to that practice, you can take this way. But why Pakistanis have the problem, we are doing it in India. :P

:D. Well my cousins and other family will be affected.

The first question to be asked for India and Pakistan and other third world countries is whether they will be able to implement this at all. Because we muslims will eat beef if we can get our hands on it.

From Wikipedia

Cows are routinely shipped to states with lower or no requirement for slaughter, even though it is illegal in most states to ship animals across State borders to be slaughtered.[3][4] Many illegal slaughterhouses operate in large cities such as Chennai and Mumbai. As of 2004, there were 3,600 legal and 30,000 illegal slaughterhouses in India.[5] Efforts to close them down have, so far, been largely unsuccessful. In 2013, Andhra Pradesh estimated that there were 3,100 illegal and 6 licensed slaughterhouses in the State.[6]

So 30000 illegal slaughter houses. Who will close them down and what about India being the 5th largest producer of beef? Its a vital strand of your economy which you are ignoring. So this will take a hit at some sections of the Maharashtra farming community. Personally what I believe is in staunch secularism. We should work to protect our minorities even if we feel they are gaining extra rights. All minorities need is some space and freedom. We give them that freedom and selfgovernance and they bloom. I say again a secular country cannot ban things, especially those that have significance to a religious minority.

The headscarf ban and a ban on beef are both examples of a country that is not all the way secular.

:D. Well my cousins and other family will be affected.

The first question to be asked for India and Pakistan and other third world countries is whether they will be able to implement this at all. Because we muslims will eat beef if we can get our hands on it.

From Wikipedia

So 30000 illegal slaughter houses. Who will close them down and what about India being the 5th largest producer of beef? Its a vital strand of your economy which you are ignoring. So this will take a hit at some sections of the Maharashtra farming community. Personally what I believe is in staunch secularism. We should work to protect our minorities even if we feel they are gaining extra rights. All minorities need is some space and freedom. We give them that freedom and selfgovernance and they bloom

We will take care of other things, you do not worry. It is internal matter of India. :) You may discuss this with other fellow Pakistani members if this practice of regulated food is applicable in Pakistan ;)

Beef prices will sky rocket, that is all. Those who want to eat will eat regardless of the ban. Even in USA, the prohibition of 1920-1933 yielded nothing except a rise in the business of moonshine and a huge black marker dealing with Alcohol. I can see that more harm than good will come out of such fascist moves if tried to be implemented throughout India. International community is already becoming aware of Hindutva fascism, and such measures will only brew resentment both among the Indian minorities and international community. Hindutva fascist think that these measures will be ignored by the liberal West for India is a huge market; However, they are wrong. The fact that beef is consumed by Hindus in various Indian states, and in Nepal, Hindutva fascist will find this 'holiness of beef' extremely difficult to sell to others.

Beef prices will sky rocket, that is all. Those who want to eat will eat regardless of the ban. Even in USA, the prohibition of 1920-1933 yielded nothing except a rise in the business of moonshine and a huge black marker dealing with Alcohol. I can see that more harm than good will come out of such fascist moves if tried to be implemented throughout India. International community is already becoming aware of Hindutva fascism, and such measures will only brew resentment both among the Indian minorities and international community. Hindutva fascist think that these measures will be ignored by the liberal West for India is a huge market; However, they are wrong. The fact that beef is consumed by Hindus in various Indian states, and in Nepal, Hindutva fascist will find this 'holiness of beef' extremely difficult to sell to others.

You are not aware that the leather market in Maharashtra will face the wrath, and you are speaking about rise in price. And those leather markets are owned by Hindus only. So the loss is not Muslims, loss is not to secularism, loss is not to any Christian, but the leather industry owned by Hindus.

You are just caring about taste, here the jobs out of leather industry will be affected. Those who were in export of the flesh, they will be affected, not your taste, Idiots :mad:

And Not a single Indian questioned about that.
Shame on these fake patriots. Yes, the government will have some solution, but what would that be, we need to see.

Government has taken a step, and will will continue.

Next time do not get personal.

Reported!

read that again, that comment is not for you, that is a general statement. neither this has anything to do with Pakistan.

Reported for unnecessary reporting.

you can never try your cow-belt tricks in South. we are more progressive and tolerant. Even Hindus eat beef south.

LOL..... Exposes you for the hate filled supremacist you are. :tdown: .......... Hindus in Kerala has been tricked into turning Asura by the muslims and christians under the guise of secularims which has destroyed the soul of Hindus in kerala. Today they are nothing but a shadow of their self, binging on alcohol and abusing their women.

Hindus have a different definition of "progressive" than the one that involves living like an greedy pig.

That is not Mutual Respect. That is Tyranism of Majority over Minority. Also all Dalits who constitute 50% of India eat Beef.

Welcome to democracy :lol:

LOL at your pathetic Lies about dalit. Those who ate beef became Dalits, they are the out castes.

@haviZsultan about whether India serve Halal food, mate in my state, most of the restaurant serve halal food.. There is a sticker outside the restaurants saying that they are serving Halal food ..

North Indian Religio-Language Fascist hyper-nationalists have a stranger obsession with cows.

you can never try your cow-belt tricks in South. we are more progressive and tolerant. Even Hindus eat beef south.

Fool, most folks in South eat beef. We don't want you Cow-belt Taliban laws here.
Most Hindus eat beef in Tamil Nadu, Everyone in Kerala eats. Glad I don't live in f**ked up North.
Try to clean up your polluted cities and roads before trying to teach us what to eat or not to eat.

The funniest thing is the same Gujaratis, who banned alcohol & beef, come to the beautiful & clean state of Kerala as a tourist. I guess they don't mind the local beef eating. Anyone remember where recently plague reappeared, yes same dirty Surat/Gujarat. I even heard Gujarati's mention the Surat as a very dirty city. I was all the while laughing when the Gujarat was held up as great Modi land. Bull Shit.

And people from Kerala is flowing to Gujarat and Gulf for jobs right ?You should stop your moral high horse idiocy.I am a Keralite .You shouldnt tell.me about issues in Kerala .

I support your desire for the freedom.

Really ??
I am from South India and we are proud about our India .
Be care ful about freedom.Balochistan is in there for action.

North Indian Religio-Language Fascist hyper-nationalists have a stranger obsession with cows.

Fool, most folks in South eat beef. We don't want you Cow-belt Taliban laws here.
Most Hindus eat beef in Tamil Nadu, Everyone in Kerala eats. Glad I don't live in f**ked up North.
Try to clean up your polluted cities and roads before trying to teach us what to eat or not to eat.

The funniest thing is the same Gujaratis, who banned alcohol & beef, come to the beautiful & clean state of Kerala as a tourist. I guess they don't mind the local beef eating. Anyone remember where recently plague reappeared, yes same dirty Surat/Gujarat. I even heard Gujarati's mention the Surat as a very dirty city. I was all the while laughing when the Gujarat was held up as great Modi land. Bull Shit.

hold your thoughts sir , u are generalizing the entire south here... Hindus from only kerala eat beef, not sure abt TN, but hindus in the rest 3 south indian states A.P,TG and karnataka loathe even the sound of consuming beef..

And people from Kerala is flowing to Gujarat and Gulf for jobs right ?You should stop your moral high horse idiocy.I am a Keralite .You shouldnt tell.me about issues in Kerala .

Really ??
I am from South India and we are proud about our India .
Be care ful about freedom.Balochistan is in there for action.

I was not talking about freedom from your country but in lifestyle in general, my little bharti friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom