What's new

Beaking News: Bangladesh roadblock protest sparks clashes

genmirajborgza786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Bangladesh roadblock protest sparks clashes

Thousands of police have been deployed and dozens of activists were taken into custody
Continue reading the main story Related StoriesBangladesh profile [/news/world-south-asia-12650940] What future for Bangladeshi youth? [/news/business-20501072]
Violent clashes have erupted in Bangladesh as protesters staged a nationwide blockade of roads to press for an independent body to oversee next year's election.

At least two people were killed and scores hurt as rival groups clashed. Dozens of vehicles were torched.

Police fired rubber bullets and tear gas, and protesters threw petrol bombs.

The government last year abolished the system under which caretaker officials take charge ahead of elections.

The system set up an independent administration at the end of a government's term to try to ensure elections were conducted in an impartial manner.

The government of current Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina says it abolished the system following a court order and has no intention of reversing it.

The main opposition Bangladesh National Party - led by former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia - called for the blockade to try to force the government to restore the system.

Electoral campaigns have often sparked violent clashes in Bangladesh
The BBC's Dhaka correspondent, Anbarasan Ethirajan, says the northern Gabtoli area of Dhaka was turned into a battleground, with clashes between opposition and pro-government supporters.

Thousands of police have been deployed and dozens of activists were taken into custody.

Our correspondent says many people remained indoors, with schools closed and businesses disrupted.

Deputy police commissioner Imtiaz Ahmed told Agence France-Presse news agency: "We allowed peaceful protests. But once they started attacking cars and buses and throwing cocktail bombs, we used non-lethal weapons such as rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse them."

Politics in Bangladesh has been dominated by Ms Hasina and Ms Zia for decades.

In the past, their electoral campaigns have sparked violent clashes and on occasions have prompted military intervention.

BBC News - Bangladesh roadblock protest sparks clashes

a Hindu Boy killed by Awami student Wing Source:p alo

561115_490386924317995_920378106_n.jpg

^^^
Terrorist Awamis thought he was a BNP supporter. Turn out he was a Hindu and most likely Awami supporter. One less(may be few) vote for Awami thugs. I hope Hindus in Bangladesh would rethink and reconsider about their bow down support for Awami thugs just because Awami league is a Hindu culture friendly party. :angel:

If he was a Awami supporter then I got no regret but if he was nationalist and anti-Awami supporter then I am sorry and my condolences to his family. :cry:

^^^
Terrorist Awamis thought he was a BNP supporter. Turn out he was a Hindu and most likely Awami supporter. One less(may be few) vote for Awami thugs. I hope Hindus in Bangladesh would rethink and reconsider about their bow down support for Awami thugs just because Awami league is a Hindu culture friendly party. :angel:

If he was a Awami supporter then I got no regret but if he was nationalist and anti-Awami supporter then I am sorry and my condolences to his family. :cry:

You really think AL supporters deserves death? Heck, most AL leaders and BNP leaders share more families within themsleves than you can imagine. I was reading an article the other day how, AL and BNP leaders were fighting in the morning, and at night they went to events together.
How can you claim to be a religious and support the death of another innocent human being only because of political views?

But Awami league foreign minister call this type of chatra league killing as "contribution to national development"

পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রী বলেন, “প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনার নেতৃত্বে বাংলাদেশকে একটি শোষণ মুক্ত রাষ্ট্র হিসেবে গড়ে তোলা হচ্ছে। এ জন্য সরকার দেশের নানা উন্নয়নমূলক কাজ করে যাচ্ছে।”

তিনি বলেন, “খাদ্য, শিক্ষা, স্বাস্থ্য ও পররাষ্ট্র নীতিসহ সব ক্ষেত্রে ব্যাপক উন্নয়ন হয়েছে। দেশের প্রতিটি উপজেলা ও ইউনিয়ন ডিজিটাল পদ্ধতির আওতায় এসেছে। জনগণ এখন ইউনিয়ন পরিষদের তথ্যকেন্দ্রের মাধ্যমে বিভিন্ন সেবা পাচ্ছে।”

তিনি ছাত্রলীগের অবদানের প্রশংসা করে বলেন, “ছাত্রলীগ দেশের অগ্রগতিতে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ভূমিকা পালন করেছে।” তিনি ছাত্রদেরকে ডিজিটাল বাংলাদেশ গড়ায় অবদান রাখার আহ্বান জানান।

??????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????????: ???????????????? | ?????? | ??????????

You really think AL supporters deserves death? Heck, most AL leaders and BNP leaders share more families within themsleves than you can imagine. I was reading an article the other day how, AL and BNP leaders were fighting in the morning, and at night they went to events together.

If Awami League all out to kill people with cooked up trail and without judicial process and without proof for crime against humanity then these awami league cold blooded murderer sure deserve death for their documented crime against human. And most importantly Awami leaders from top to bottom who instigated these killings. And this is not the first time or first victim.

Now other garbage you are talking about BNP-Awami leaders relation that has nothing to do with crime Awami League committed. And anyone using famous awami league template to equate with BNP when Awami crime get exposed, showing clear sign of Awami League murderous mentality.

Back
Top Bottom