What's new

B'desh steps up troops deployment on Myanmar border amid row

It is a good invention that RAW is behind Burmese military build-ups, but no one is saying who is behind BD build-up. Since there is a RAW instigation in Burma, it is, therefore, necessary that BD wipes out RAW from that country by taking over Arakan.

With Arakan in BD hand, there will not be any oil/gas issue with Burma. Arakan is Muslim and the population want to become a part of BD. But, unfortunately, some pro-Burma Rohingya stooges in this forum are against BD taking action against Burma.

Actually Myanmar do all of their activities under indian order......

Cause india want bangladesh must be relate their not china or usa.....

There are another cause is ....india want to that bangladesh make asian highway in the place in india not burma.....

Totally Bangladesh closed from whole world without india,,,,,,,

Its a crtical tecnic of Research And Analysis Wing......

It is a good invention that RAW is behind Burmese military build-ups, but no one is saying who is behind BD build-up. Since there is a RAW instigation in Burma, it is, therefore, necessary that BD wipes out RAW from that country by taking over Arakan.

With Arakan in BD hand, there will not be any oil/gas issue with Burma. Arakan is Muslim and the population want to become a part of BD. But, unfortunately, some pro-Burma Rohingya stooges in this forum are against BD taking action against Burma.

Eastwatch, when is it proved that its RAWs hand behind the Burma's confidence? The report posted by Zakir does not say anything like that. The report says there could be India's hand in that.

Perhaps Bangladesh Army Process the plan of "Operation Purbo Prachir-2" but they it must be understood that When " Operation Purbo Prachir-1" Is continue...In this time we have a backup Its Pakistan & China....In 1991,1993.

But current situation we give listen to burma with a war like "Operation Purbo Pracir-1"(1991-1993)

But we do not continue this war long time cause present time all our actual friendly country are angased( Pakistan & China)....

So what can we do....????

We can protest this Indian aggrasion as act Burma...... only make public rebulations.....public conciousness.....when it create..... we give all support to our army & BDR.....

This way army & BDR inspired by public.......This time our armys sylogical power increase extremely......We want it ....then we listen burma, also indirectly india....

Thats Not right.....??

To determine whether we should be involved,pro-actively, in a war with Myanmar---at this particular juncture---should not we consider the following vital questions:

1. Who is the prospective crocodile to enter Bangladesh through the self-digged canal of war ?

2. Whether this croc will interfere mercilessly in our religious, political, social, economical life ?.

Nevertheless, we want or not, war will be imposed anyway on ever-weeping and bleeding Bangladesh by extension of regional and global issues. Those who ruthlessly want us to serve them at the expense of our nation and national interest will not spare us any further.

Yet, we must win. How ? Let us put our suggestions now.

There are some problems regarding your statement.

1.First of all,India-Bangladesh border is huge.And we cannot afford to put so many soldiers in the border,as our army has around 160000 troops.Each Divisions consists of 10000 to 20000 troops.Where do you plan to put them?

2.Sending a division of army troops will allow India to bring troops and fortify near border.And we will be seen as the aggressor in the West.We will lose the support from west,which we would have otherwise gotten if India attacked BD first.

3.Myanmar has a huge army.To fight them,we will need at least 50000 on that border alone.So surely not adequate number of troops to send in the India-Bangladesh border.

So I think this is not applicable.Instead we should keep BDR on high alert.They can hold off attacks until army reaches there,if there is any attack from India.

Thank you for your cool-headed and point by point answer. The self-proclaimed theorists, military advisers and doctrinairs do not even know where the army troops are stationed in peace time. These military advisers think they are always stationed in the border, when in reality the army troops are always kept in the cantonment and they always take trainng on different arms everyday.

It is okay if there is an increase in the number of division. In fact, I have heard that a new division is being raised and stationed in a new garrison in the both sides of Jamuna bridge for its protection. This could be a reason, although I am not so sure, that military personnels are manning the bridge traffic.

But, it made me laugh for that childish suggestion by the theorist that if one division is transferred to the Burmese border then another NEW division must be put along the Indian border. Does he have any idea how long does it take to raise and train a new division?

The implied meaning of the theorist is, since a new division has not yet been raised, therefore, all troops must be stationed only along the Indian border, and the Burma border should be kept free of BD troops. This implication is criminal considering that Burma is an aggressor.

To determine whether we should be involved,pro-actively, in a war with Myanmar---at this particular juncture---should not we consider the following vital questions:

1. Who is the prospective crocodile to enter Bangladesh through the self-digged canal of war ?

2. Whether this croc will interfere mercilessly in our religious, political, social, economical life ?.

Nevertheless, we want or not, war will be imposed anyway on ever-weeping and bleeding Bangladesh by extension of regional and global issues. Those who ruthlessly want us to serve them at the expense of our nation and national interest will not spare us any further.

Yet, we must win. How ? Let us put our suggestions now.

Your suggestion is then, if Burma attacks us, takes away our sea territories and keeps on pushing Rohingyas on us, even then we will not react at all. But, instead, we will give into all their claims, and then will keep on doing research who are behind the Burmese aggressor? Is this not what we have been doing since the Plassey on 23 June, 1757?

If we cannot protect what is rightfully ours now, then it is useless to demand a Statehood in this harsh world. We have to fight and survive and punish any, I say any, country that dares to try to take over us.

Your suggestion is then, if Burma attacks us, takes away our sea territories and keeps on pushing Rohingyas on us, even then we will not react at all. But, instead, we will give into all their claims, and then will keep on doing research who are behind the Burmese aggressor? Is this not what we have been doing since the Plassey on 23 June, 1757?

If we cannot protect what is rightfully ours now, then it is useless to demand a Statehood in this harsh world. We have to fight and survive and punish any, I say any, country that dares to try to take over us.

I am sorry that my post is not self-explanatory enough---without refering to the immediate earlier one.

I wanted to mean that we have to win this war anyway. We should remain prepared and vigilant as if the war will enact this night.

But we should not start the war at our behest.

Nevertheless, war will be imposed anyway. So, our preparation, strategy, technics, and associated foreign policy and home activities, in-side and out-side supply lines must also be planned & structured properly & effective enough to repulse---at all fronts--the design of those who are plunging us into this war.

In addition, we must be thoughtful on, careful to & vigilant against---to address squarely---the crocodile that will enter our life if we pro-actively jump into the war. Sadly, this is also similarly applicable even if we trapped in the war being imposed upon.

Eastwatch, when is it proved that its RAWs hand behind the Burma's confidence? The report posted by Zakir does not say anything like that. The report says there could be India's hand in that.
If there is indeed an Indian hand behind the Burmese Junta's defiant attitude, I can tell you one thing. The war will not be limited there. An Indian influence means a less or no influence of China on Burma.

So, what China will do in the future to protect its future route to the Bay of Bengal? If China finds a self-centered ruling Junta in Rangoon playing against China, then China may not put all its eggs in only the Burmese basket.

In a scenerio like this, India may expect a proliferation of terrorist activities throughout its NE. International borders have always changed in the past. It is also changing now. China may act as a catalyst to make a change in the NE that allows it to go to the Bay thru Bangladesh.

In such a situation, no one expects our lady politicians to support such a Chinese overture. However, there are always different power centers in a country like BD or Pakistan. China may bypass the BD govt and work directly with one or two centers of power to destabilize the NE.

Note that even with AL in power, there may remain many separatist training camps inside BD. Our lady PM and lady FM have little leverage on many such affairs that are under the supervision of our DGFI.

If it is RAW in Burma, then India is certainly playing with fire that will one day engulf its own NE. I just hope the newspapers are just spreading gossips.

Last edited:
Thank you for your cool-headed and point by point answer. The self-proclaimed theorists, military advisers and doctrinairs do not even know where the army troops are stationed in peace time. These military advisers think they are always stationed in the border, when in reality the army troops are always kept in the cantonment and they always take trainng on different arms everyday.

It is okay if there is an increase in the number of division. In fact, I have heard that a new division is being raised and stationed in a new garrison in the both sides of Jamuna bridge for its protection. This could be a reason, although I am not so sure, that military personnels are manning the bridge traffic.

But, it made me laugh for that childish suggestion by the theorist that if one division is transferred to the Burmese border then another NEW division must be put along the Indian border. Does he have any idea how long does it take to raise and train a new division?

The implied meaning of the theorist is, since a new division has not yet been raised, therefore, all troops must be stationed only along the Indian border, and the Burma border should be kept free of BD troops. This implication is criminal considering that Burma is an aggressor.

I dislike your patronizing tone. While my links to the military are well known yours remain speculative. I also dislike the idea of these half-measures when our sovereignty is being threatened by Burma in concert with India. I am not saying to leave the Burma border open while we only guard our borders with India. What I am saying is that we have to take precautions for any eventuality. If the British could raise 30 Divisions during World War II why can't we in defence of our sovereignty raise a few more of our own however long it takes provided we can safe guard our nation. I am sick of people like you saying we can't do this or we cannot do that which plays into our enemies hands - both Burma and India. It is your defeatist mentality which will sink Bangladesh.

If I am so distrusted by the army why was I sent the following article which no one else has had the guts to distribute -

PEELKHANA CONSPIRACY

PROLOGUE

ENTIRE Bangladesh is convinced that “Peelkhana massacre was the outcome of a long and deep-rooted conspiracy.” But there is a mystery shrouding the background of Peelkhana carnage. Somehow or the other, people of Bangladesh do not still know the entire truth. This article endeavors to un-shroud the hidden truth. Purpose is not to vindicate anyone, the pure purpose is to erase the lies and bring the truth to the open. You are not required to believe whatever follows. It is totally up to your judgment. If you believe, you may pass it on to persons who may try to spread the message so that justice, the rarest phenomenon on planet earth, may see light in Bangladesh—today, tomorrow or year after. If you don’t believe this article, utter a curse and just put this article into trash and forget it.

FULL STORY –

DeshCalling: 2009-09-13

Your credentials pale in comparison to the trust that has been shown to me.

Dhaka to protest Myanmar Navy attack on its fishermen

Dhaka, Oct 20 (IANS) Bangladesh, which is locked in a border conflict with its eastern neighbour, has alleged that Myanmar Navy Monday attacked its fishermen. Dhaka plans to lodge a formal protest with Yangon.

Bangladesh Rifles (BDR), the border guards, said it will lodge a protest with Myanmar authorities against snatching of a Bangladeshi fishing boat and nets by Myanmar naval force Sunday evening.

Rescued fishermen alleged that at least 10 armed navy men of Myanmar took away their boat and fishing nets and left them in the sea though they were fishing in Bangladesh waters.

The land border has been tense as Myanmar has ignored Bangladesh’s protests and has gone ahead with erecting a barbed wire fence along the 300 km border.

As per reports in Bangladeshi media, quoting official and intelligence sources, there has been deployment of troops on both sides, movement by naval ships and even readying of fighter jets.

Myanmar has rejected allegations of troops deployment on its side, calling it “routine work”, New Age newspaper said Tuesday.

Bangladesh has intensified patrolling along the frontier with reinforcements of border guards.

“We have beefed up our patrol along Myanmar border and reinforced our outposts there,” BDR director general Maj Gen Mohammad Mainul Islam told the newspaper Monday.

Dhaka has rounded up 44 Rohingyas, the Muslim tribals who fled Myanmar as the authorities in Myanmar’s bordering region have launched a voter enrolment drive.

Bangladesh has mounted diplomatic efforts and at the local level, sought flag meetings by the army and border guards authorities.

However, Lt. Col. Mozammal Hossein, commanding officer of BDR’s 42 rifles battalion at Teknaf, said the Myanmarese border guards have “not yet replied to BDR’s proposal for a flag meeting to defuse border tension”.

Dhaka to protest Myanmar Navy attack on its fishermen | Daily Times India

were there in burmas water??
if not y wasnt any bd soldiers nearby to shoot their a$$es

Since, you cannot even comprehend simple geo political dynamics on who is behind these build up, what is your point on desperately bad mouthing informed analysis done by seasoned analysts and journalists? We know your heart is agnostic to indo-awami scheme. Just desperate pot shot and subscribe to Indian line would not help the truth from come out.

In addition, we must be thoughtful on, careful to & vigilant against---to address squarely---the crocodile that will enter our life if we pro-actively jump into the war. Sadly, this is also similarly applicable even if we trapped in the war being imposed upon.
If 'the crocodile' wanted to enter your life, it could have done a long time back.:disagree: 'The crocodile' has bigger fish to catch.

Don't flatter yourself. :argh:

Back
Top Bottom