What's new

B'desh steps up troops deployment on Myanmar border amid row

As I mentioned earlier no matter which angle this escalation plays out indian hands, plan and gains are written all over it. Here are consequences for Bangladesh and gain for india.

1. First and foremost, loss of Bangladesh maritime territory to Myanmar and will facilitate indian claim over Bangladesh maritime territory.
2. Loss of road access through Myanmar and forever be hostage to indian territory and trade monopoly.
3. Loss of a trusted and strategic friend and ally and partner, China and provide a passage for indian hegemony.
4. Bangladesh armed forces will lose only reliable source for military any hardware. Therefore Bangladesh military will be ceased to exist.
5. In case of armed confrontation, situation will set the stage for inviting indian forces inside Bangladesh territory. Given an submissive regime in power that is likely.
6. Loss of future and most promising market - China.

May I ask for more explanation to your few points above?

1. If Burma gets the maritime territory, how would India be benefitted from that? Will they just simply give us once we ask?

2. You are making it look like if this war happens and if Burma wins then BD will simply be erased from map :D

I dont think any war will happen ( I pray it does not) and even if it does then it would be a very small and insignificant one

When india instigated Myanmar to adopt maritime claim and encroaching Bangladeshi territory, even to the level of lending language of claim then offcouse india to be blamed.

When india supply arms to Myanmar then sure indian to be blamed.

When indian supplied wargame simulation to Myanmar shows Bangladesh as aggressor then sure india to be blamed.

list goes on........

When some one sneezes in BD , India to be blamed ;-)
(pun intended)

May I ask for more explanation to your few points above?

1. If Burma gets the maritime territory, how would India be benefitted from that? Will they just simply give us once we ask?

2. You are making it look like if this war happens and if Burma wins then BD will simply be erased from map :D

I dont think any war will happen ( I pray it does not) and even if it does then it would be a very small and insignificant one
Oh, don't bother lieDune. He provides much needed relief in this otherwise sombre forum. Its like one of those hindi movie's where you need to keep your head at bay while watching in theater. He does not post for Debate's, but to entertain the member community. SO enjoy his comic.

sorry guys im not okk.

this things being playing on my head since 1year now....myanmar myanma rmyanmar myanmar...y cant we get things over with this country, by talks or anything and solve this problem

sorry guys im not okk.

this things being playing on my head since 1year now....myanmar myanma rmyanmar myanmar...y cant we get things over with this country, by talks or anything and solve this problem

agree with you. Like you we too have too many problems to solve. Our politicians are lessoning hopefully.

Well, our FM went to myanmar within month she took office. She tried to cover all the issues. But myanmar kept on doing what they had been doing for the last one year.
They now brought another issue on the table. They will relocate all the Rohingya to other parts of the myanmar from their Arakan state. Means ethnic cleansing. There is already continuous crufew going on in Arakan.
Bangladesh should not show its back to those Rohingya people as they are Bengalis and they are muslim. All the Rohingyas are very afraid now. We have a duty to protect them.

It should not be all about just protecting our border.

Last edited:
sorry guys im not okk.

Not easy, as someone said
"Upperwale ne toh ek hi dharti banayi thi, hum hi logon ne uspe lakeerein khinch di"

means: "God made only one place and we created the border"

So when there is a border, high chances there would be disputes, and mind you in last 200 yrs all the borders in the world have changed significantly.

I wish there was a simpler solution to all these issues.

Not easy, as someone said
"Upperwale ne toh ek hi dharti banayi thi, hum hi logon ne uspe lakeerein khinch di"

means: "God made only one place and we created the border"

So when there is a border, high chances there would be disputes, and mind you in last 200 yrs all the borders in the world have changed significantly.

I wish there was a simpler solution to all these issues.

mijanur is correct, you cannot just get anything reciprocal from this Burmese Junta. They will not care about their neighbouring countries, except China. With India or with Pakistan, we fight against each other, but then we know each other and we talk with each other. It is simply because we understand each other. We three countries were born out of the same mother's womb.

But, the Burmese Junta is deaf and dumb. With the gas money in the pocket, the Junta Chief is probably dreaming to be another Alexander. He needs a similar kicking in his gas-filled a** as we did to him last year. This time, we will see how much gas the Burmese troops has.

Last time also in 1991, more than 50,000 of them came because of a tiny problem created by themselves. They showed off their junk weapons and then went away with honour without giving us a fight. What kind of pi** is this Burma? Why do they talk always in the language of sword? Why they cannot be amicable? They do the same pi** thing to Thailand also.

I can tell about their psychology, they are in fact worried about an attack by BD. This happened after they were ousted last year from the contested sea territory. So, they have buried land mines and are now putting fence along the border. They are building a contonment only 5 km away from the border, which may be regarded as an offensive gesture. 5 km is too near. Even if there is no war this time, BD will be forced to build its own cantonement near the Burma border.

Last edited:
I can tell about their psychology, they are in fact worried about an attack by BD. This happened after they were ousted last year from the contested sea territory. So, they have buried land mines and are now putting fence along the border. They are building a contonment only 5 km away from the border, which may be regarded as an offensive gesture. 5 km is too near. Even if there is no war this time, BD will be forced to build its own cantonement near the Burma border.

This means BD has a legitimate targe within the range of their artilary??? :woot:

This means BD has a legitimate targe within the range of their artilary??? :woot:

I am not sure whether this is a video game or not.
Myanmar military buildup is more resemble to a striking formation than a pure defensive formation. Obviously they are aware of our military capability and we are also aware of there. There defence budget is much higher than us and they are building up there defences for some time. During 1991 standoff, we were at a much better shape than them military wise but since then there budget is much higer and consequently there military capability is bigger than us at least in terms of hardware and logistics if not military leadershipwise.

Yes I do understand the sentiments and its def offensive to build a cantonment so close to the border, but if BD also builds one close to the border, it will just have a cascading effect. Any plain skirmish can become a war.

Wish there was any simpler solution...

Well, our FM went to myanmar within month she took office. She tried to cover all the issues. But myanmar kept on doing what they had been doing for the last one year.
They now brought another issue on the table. They will relocate all the Rohingya to other parts of the myanmar from their Arakan state. Means ethnic cleansing. There is already continuous crufew going on in Arakan.
Bangladesh should not show its back to those Rohingya people as they are Bengalis and they are muslim. All the Rohingyas are very afraid now. We have a duty to protect them.

It should not be all about just protecting our border.

Is it correct that Rohingyas are Bengalis? That is news to me. How did they get to be in Myanmar?

Is it correct that Rohingyas are Bengalis? That is news to me. How did they get to be in Myanmar?

Ethinically they are the same as Benglai and Arkan used to be a good place where Bangla litterature florish with the help of the Arkan king.
People in Teknaf they speak very similar to a dialect of Bangla that is used in Rohinga of Arakan. If you have heard dialect of Chittagong, it is similar to that but more foreign in our ear.

Ethinically they are the same as Benglai and Arkan used to be a good place where Bangla litterature florish with the help of the Arkan king.
People in Teknaf they speak very similar to a dialect of Bangla that is used in Rohinga of Arakan. If you have heard dialect of Chittagong, it is similar to that but more foreign in our ear.

Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom