What's new

BD should attach importance to Asian Highway development

Why cant we built a highway which will go throw nepal (or if needed then Bhutan). ???? Or may be a high speed rail corridor ??

Highway throw BD will be beneficial but why only single option

I am always a big patronizer of this India-Myanmar route. India should directly access to Myanmar and Myanmar port leaving BD aside. The route through BD will be highly expensive for Indian goods as we are most likely to impose high transit fees. Let BD settle its connectivity with ASEAN through Myanmar. We also have big daddy called China who has big leverage on Myanmar.

thumbnail.php

India have option for trade route without BD connectivity but because of distance this is not a first choice .....

And if you look at the map you are in same position for trade route ....

and BD is defended well because of its 99% landborder with peaceful india.

Are you a 10 year old kid? Minors should not be allowed to use the internet and your post justifies that.

The route through BD will be highly expensive for Indian goods as we are most likely to impose high transit fees. Let BD settle its connectivity with ASEAN through Myanmar. We also have big daddy called China who has big leverage on Myanmar.

Last time I checked , your awami indian dalal regime is giving the transit for free. What high fees
are you talking about.

I am always a big patronizer of this India-Myanmar route. India should directly access to Myanmar and Myanmar port leaving BD aside. The route through BD will be highly expensive for Indian goods as we are most likely to impose high transit fees. Let BD settle its connectivity with ASEAN through Myanmar. We also have big daddy called China who has big leverage on Myanmar.

In January Thailand's Prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra came to India and both countries signed a deal for a Highway from India to Thailand. India already have constructed 4/6 lanes highway till Silchar and work on modernizing Guwahati-Imphal-Moreh highway is going on under Phase III, so I don't think India would need Bangladesh as transit as Bangladeshi roads still need lots of improvement and investment.

Since Myanmar is cash-crunch country, Bangladesh will need some big brother to finance their connectivity to South-East Asia, hope China could finance your Projects. Myanmar has asked India and Thailand to ease Myanmar's burden on the highway project.

Last time I checked , your awami indian dalal regime is giving the transit for free. What high fees
are you talking about.

Last time I checked there was not transit.

In January Thailand's Prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra came to India and both countries signed a deal for a Highway from India to Thailand. India already have constructed 4/6 lanes highway till Silchar and work on modernizing Guwahati-Imphal-Moreh highway is going on under Phase III, so I don't think India would need Bangladesh as transit as Bangladeshi roads still need lots of improvement and investment.

Since Myanmar is cash-crunch country, Bangladesh will need some big brother to finance their connectivity to South-East Asia, hope China could finance your Projects. Myanmar has asked India and Thailand to ease Myanmar's burden on the highway project.

Great.. good luck on that. Once you build all the highways in Myanmar, we will just make a connectivity to that from Coxs-Bazar and we have a free ride up to China and Thailand...

India is anyways going to connect to this corridor with Myanmar. Why should it be thru Bangladesh when we can do it directly.

On the contrary the East West corridor extends to only Mawlamyine and Kengtung in Myanmar near the Thai border. Myanmar is not going to extend it to their capital and Bangladesh for your sake. You will have to fund this on your own (connecting Mawlamyine or Mandalay and Chittagong). This is huge for Bangladesh as we are talking about more than 2000kms. But a connection between Dhaka and Aizawl will be less than 500kms. That's probably the point your govt. is concerned with.

original_cor1.jpg

BD already had talks with myanmar on the BD-myanmar asian highway. The chinese were also
a part of the deal. But everything was abruptly stopped when the current Awami Dalals
came to power. How can we have asian connectivity via a country that kills our citizens at
the border everyday. You may not know much about your countries behavior towards BD, but
India has been hostile towards us since 1971. Farraka DAM and the backing of shanti bahini
insurgents are few such examples that were grave enough to declare war from our side.
India was and always will be an enemy of BD and will always will be against our existence.

Great.. good luck on that. Once you build all the highways in Myanmar, we will just make a connectivity to that from Coxs-Bazar and we have a free ride up to China and Thailand...

Good then you can always thank india with the knowledge that if not for india we would not be free, if not for india we would not have economy.

Are you a 10 year old kid? Minors should not be allowed to use the internet and your post justifies that.

I can show enough posts that justifies you being in a mental asylum

Good then you can always thank india with the knowledge that if not for india we would not be free, if not for india we would not have economy.

We will thank Myanmar on that for allowing India to build their Highways and letting us use that free. Its like triple trick... LOL

We will thank Myanmar on that for allowing India to build their Highways and letting us use that free. Its like triple trick... LOL
still, you will drive on indian built roads and will thank india right? or are you ungrateful like you have been after getting freedom helped by india

still, you will drive on indian built roads and will thank india right? or are you ungrateful like you have been after getting freedom helped by india

You are building highways for you and Myanmar. Why would we thank you. We will thank Myanmar for letting us use that unless we will be ungrateful to them

You are building highways for you and Myanmar. Why would we thank you. We will thank Myanmar for letting us use that unless we will be ungrateful to them

but what about your fredom? are you thankful to india for that?

Thats a different subject matter out of my jurisdiction. Talk to Luffy, he is incharge of giving thank for 1971

Thats a different subject matter out of my jurisdiction. Talk to Luffy, he is incharge of giving thank for 1971

wonder what makes you think burma will give you free access? well they will keep the naval standoff in mind... and burma has a huge border with india.. aunt aung was educated in india. so i hope democracy will foster a good sense in burma and relations with india will strengthen.

Look at the map, that surely going to be a much longer route for Bangladesh.

Why should we be thankful for that fart by your indira mata. You did that for your own strategic
interest. After the 71 the witch indira errected the farraka DAM and supported insurgency in
chittagong. And now your beggar country is begging free transit from us. Stop begging for
gratefulness you ungrateful indians.Be grateful to us instead that we allowed you full fill your
strategic objective and are now giving you free transit.

Why should we be thankful for that fart by your indira mata. You did that for your own strategic
interest. After the 71 the witch indira errected the farraka DAM and supported insurgency in
chittagong. And now your beggar country is begging free transit from us. Stop begging for
gratefulness you ungrateful indians.Be grateful to us instead that we allowed you full fill your
strategic objective and are now giving you free transit.
there was no strategic objective.. your guys came to our country in millions and still staying here. to prevent your mom and sis from pak hands the great IG freed you all.. i think you are a razakar who gave his family to the punjabis and got some land in return.. nice job.\\and if we did insurgency you guys would not exist. the fact that army ruled your country until recently shows that india was hands off.
and dont include farakka, it has nothing to do with giving you freedom.

Back
Top Bottom