What's new

BD sets sights high on $1.0trillion investment

The gentleman just messed up the facts in the article. There is hardly any need for elaboration...

if he wanted to convey Bangladesh would have become a trillion dollar economy by 2041 then my estimation suggests it will happen far sooner. If he was trying to convey Bangladesh would have become a developed nation with that trillion dollar and its gdp per capita of 6000 usd will make it a developed nation then I am afraid such a low income will not be regarded as developed however there will certainly be a lot of infrastructure in Bangladesh by 2041... He probabaly doesn't know what he is trying to convey and gathered the figures from here n there... Just an attempt from him to be optimistic about Bangladesh's economy

i think the article is talking about 6000 usd per capita by 2041 which is a wrong figure as well... but lets suppose it is

210 million x 6000 = 1.2 trillion usd

Bangladesh is likely to be way stronger than that

No you are reading it wrong.

In the article they meant

$6000 per capita by 2030

and Developed Status by 2041 which is $11000 per capita

The country could be 30th-largest economy by 2030, having a double-digit economic growth and $6,000 per-capita income, and is likely to join the club of developed economies by 2041 through a glorious paradigm shift from conventional economy.

No you are reading it wrong.

In the article they meant

$6000 per capita by 2030

and Developed Status by 2041 which is $11000 per capita
in that case i will have to agree with the figures of other member (randomradio). In another words Bangladesh wants to increase economy by 15 to 20 times within the next 25 years

Best of luck

If BD is to achieve $6000 per capita by 2030, it will have to grow its per capita income at 11% yoy.

That will take BD to $20000 per capita by 2041. Basically, a $4T economy. That needs a GDP growth that averages to 12.5% the next 26 years.

Quite ambitious.
With a 7% growth it is possible in 20 years i.e. 2035
The gentleman just messed up the facts in the article. There is hardly any need for elaboration...

if he wanted to convey Bangladesh would have become a trillion dollar economy by 2041 then my estimation suggests it will happen far sooner
I think so too.

it can be achieved and if it goes smoothly but it has to be like by 2040 and beyond
1 trillion dollar is a big number

One trillion?
This is the GDP of 100 nations.
Dude, you yourself are making mistakes being unable to understand zero. Of course, the $1 trillion figure is very high, specially when it is investment capital. But, if it is GDP, BD GDP itself is $220 billion or $0.22 trillion. If you multiply this with 4.5 you will get about $1 trillion. Therefore, only 4.5 countries with the same GDP size as that of BD will make $1 trillion. $1,000 billion makes $1 trillion. So, your statement is incorrect.

$6000 per capita by 2030

It is possible to reach a $5,000 per capita figure by 2030 if the economy suddenly starts growing by 15% throughout the next 15 year period. It is not possible for any country to accomplish that. However, if it is 2041 as @Aether said, it may be possible to reach that goal with a continuous 9% growth for the next 25 years. Anyway, the PM's secretariat is not a part of the statistics deptt.

Last edited:
Successful Bangladesh will be a soar grapes for our western neighbor. Nation got separated for good and prospered!!!

More ponzi scheming by the Awami league government, they idiots cant even complete the dhaka Chittagong 4 lane highway and they are talking about trillions :lol:

More ponzi scheming by the Awami league government, they idiots cant even complete the dhaka Chittagong 4 lane highway and they are talking about trillions :lol:

Do you really believe in what you said? Is it possible to eat Biriyani in the dreams? "তেরো মন তেল-ও জুটবেনা, আর রাধা-ও নাচবেনা।" ১০০ কোটি ডলার-ও কেউ দেবেনা, আর আওয়ামী লীগ-ও চুরি করতে পারবেনা।

It is possible to reach a $5,000 per capita figure by 2030 if the economy suddenly starts growing by 15% throughout the next 15 year period. It is not possible for any country to accomplish that. However, if it is 2041 as @Aether said, it may be possible to reach that goal with a continuous 9% growth for the next 25 years. Anyway, the PM's secretariat is not a part of the statistics deptt.
Well,per capita increases with incremental growth.it is possible to cross 5000 dollar mark with annual 10 percent per capita growth.Our current per capita income of 1466 USD will increases to 1466x10/100^14y=5567 USD with continuous 10 percent growth by 2030.But it has to be in 2030 dollar value.With 7 percent annual gdp per capita growth+3 percent annual average inflation of USD,it is perfectly possible.In fact Bangladesh achieving around 10 percent annual income growth for last several years.Our income in 2011 was 838 dollar now it is 1466 USD in 2016.Last year per capita increased 11.39 percent from 1314 USD to 1466 USD.
http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/capita-income-rises-1466-1204930

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom