What's new

Battle Tactics of HIMARS & MLRS Missile Artillery

Nobody is talking about mounting a locator radar on a tank, only you.

The OP on the post I am replying to talked about a Portable Surveillance Radar on a tank, which sometime Command Vehicle have .

And the rest of your post is simply LOL

5-10 km Portable Surveillance Radar on a Tank is full of useless to detect HIMARS
what a silly idea

and I am not talking about mounting a locator or any radar on a Tank,

I just said that Russia needs 100 km Weapon Locating Radar as like Turkish or İsraeli Radars to detect HIMARS

and to send couple of TB-2 UCAVs to destroy HIMARS ... even TB-2 UCAV's Aselsan CATS E/O System to keep laser designator on the target from 25-30 km away until a TRLG-230 Laser guided missile impacts and destroys HIMARS from 70 km away

even Ukrainians would not understand what they've been through after Turkish laser guided missile attack on HIMARS

Last edited:
HIMARS keep moving. What good does locating do for you ?

and TB-2 UCAV sees everything from above

Russia has no this capability ...
if Turkiye give 200 TB-2 UCAVs to Russia then no any Ukranian HIMARS and other American weapons

TB-2 UCAVs easly would turn Ukranian HIMARS and other American made weapons into crap of metal

but Turkiye doesnt sell weapons to Russia

Russians have Smerch MRLS with 90 km range. Without precision targeting it is not effective

Russia needs TB-2 UCAV + 70 km TRLG-230 laser guided MLRS from Turkiye

Russia , even Europe dont have this Turkish concept with point accuracy for high precision strike to hit even moving targets

Last edited:
and TB-2 UCAV sees everything from above

Russia has no this capability ...
if Turkiye give 200 TB-2 UCAVs to Russia then no any Ukranian HIMARS and other American weapons

TB-2 UCAVs easly would turn Ukranian HIMARS and other American made weapons into crap of metal

but Turkiye doesnt sell weapons to Russia

shooting down 200 UCAVs is an easy job given the sheer number of missiles Ukraine gets. USA could track every TB-2 the moment it take off and give Ukraine pin point accurate real-time information to blow it off the sky. Even if they take out a few every day pretty soon the 200 will be down to 0.

it will be fine to knock off TB-2 command post with HIMAR strike

shooting down 200 UCAVs is an easy job given the sheer number of missiles Ukraine gets. USA could track every TB-2 the moment it take off and give Ukraine pin point accurate real-time information to blow it off the sky. Even if they take out a few every day pretty soon the 200 will be down to 0.

it will be fine to knock off TB-2 command post with HIMAR strike

so funny American missiles
Except Fighter Jet , nothing can stop TB-2 UCAVs ... stop dreaming

also 200-1.000 km Turkish KARGI anti-radiation Drones with RF seeker or E/O System to destroy AD Systems , Radars and all military targets

and BAYKAR increase production capability to produce 500 TB-2s annually

and so hard to find TB-2 command post but so easy to find HIMARS

btw GNSS-INS and laserguided TRLG-230 is better than HIMARS which can not hit moving targets

Ukraine is lucky that Turkiye doesnt sell weapons to Russia

Last edited:
so funny American missiles
Except Fighter Jet , nothing can stop TB-2 UCAVs ... stop dreaming

also 200-1.000 km Turkish KARGI anti-radiation Drones with RF seeker or E/O System to destroy AD Systems , Radars and all military targets

and BAYKAR increase production capability to produce 500 TB-2s annually

and so hard to find TB-2 command post but so easy to find HIMARS

btw GNSS-INS and laserguided TRLG-230 is better than HIMARS which can not hit moving targets

Ukraine is lucky that Turkiye doesnt sell weapons to Russia

Even if Turkey sold 200 TB-2 drones we can track them and destroy them.

f Turkiye give 200 TB-2 UCAVs to Russia then no any Ukranian HIMARS and other American weapons
So why doesn't Turkey give 200 TB2s to Russia? 🙂

Except Fighter Jet , nothing can stop TB-2 UCAVs

Meanwhile...

Screenshot_2022-09-15 Baykar Bayraktar TB2 - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot_2022-09-15 List of aircraft losses during the Russo-Ukrainian War - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot_2022-09-15 List of aviation shootdowns and accidents during the Syrian civil war - ...png

Nonsense.

Please tell me which aspect of HIMARS is better than PHL-16 and PHL-191?

PHL-16 and PHL-191 are better than HIMARS in all aspects.
I am going to ask you i reverse, what make PHK-16 and PHL-191 better than HIMARS?

I am going to ask you i reverse, what make PHK-16 and PHL-191 better than HIMARS?

First, intelligence support. The national GPS supporting HIMARS is not only outdated in technology, but also has only 21 satellites with a maximum accuracy of only 5m. The Beidou system supporting PHL-16 and PHL-191 has 55 high-precision satellites operated with the latest technology, and the military accuracy reaches 0.1m. The Beidou system can even use images to chase the flying F22.

Last edited:
First, intelligence support. The national GPS supporting HIMARS is not only outdated in technology, but also has only 21 satellites with a maximum accuracy of only 5m. The Beidou system supporting PHL-16 and PHL-191 has 55 high-precision satellites operated with the latest technology, and the military accuracy reaches 0.1m. The Beidou system can even use images to chase the flying F22.
So you know what HIMARS using for its terminal guidance? do you know they have an alternative mode? Also a LInkSIS mode? Or you just go on and search online after hearing HIMARS using GPS guidance??

In fact, do you even know what are those? I will give you a hint, LINKSIS mode is the reason why it was so accurate when Ukrainian use it, while they do not have any US intelligence asset.

So you know what HIMARS using for its terminal guidance? do you know they have an alternative mode? Also a LInkSIS mode? Or you just go on and search online after hearing HIMARS using GPS guidance??

In fact, do you even know what are those? I will give you a hint, LINKSIS mode is the reason why it was so accurate when Ukrainian use it, while they do not have any US intelligence asset.
Secondly, the precision of HIMARS is not high. Even if the ATACMS missile with terminal to guide capability is used, its accuracy is only 20 meters. From the distribution range of the eight shells that the Ukrainian government troops hit the bridge, the shells were indeed distributed within 20 meters. HIMARS lacks the ability to accurately attack key parts of the bridge.
When PHL-16 and PHL-191 are using the HL300/480 with the same terminal boot function, the accuracy of PHL-16 and PHL-191 is less than 1 meter within 280 km. Within 400km, the accuracy shall not exceed 5m. PHL-16 and PHL-191 have repeatedly demonstrated their ability to accurately attack the lethal parts of buildings in joint exercises with Russia and other countries. We can believe that they won't have eight rockets and can't blow down a bridge.

Secondly, the precision of HIMARS is not high. Even if the ATACMS missile with terminal to guide capability is used, its accuracy is only 20 meters. From the distribution range of the eight shells that the Ukrainian government troops hit the bridge, the shells were indeed distributed within 20 meters. HIMARS lacks the ability to accurately attack key parts of the bridge.
When PHL-16 and PHL-191 are using the HL300/480 with the same terminal boot function, the accuracy of PHL-16 and PHL-191 is less than 1 meter within 280 km. Within 400km, the accuracy shall not exceed 5m. PHL-16 and PHL-191 have repeatedly demonstrated their ability to accurately attack the lethal parts of buildings in joint exercises with Russia and other countries. We can believe that they won't have eight rockets and can't blow down a bridge.
lol, again, I know FOR A FACT that the accuracy of HIMARS is not within 20 meters.

And second of all, Ukraine shoots those rocket 20 meters apart does not make it their "accuracy". 20 meters or 50 meters apart were taught to Gunner to deny an area being used. It's the same as shooting it on a bridge or shooting it on a runway. If Ukraine really do space them out exactly 20 meters apart, that mean their CEP is < 1m

And lol, I don't know enough of how Chinese MLRS work to comment on the efficiency on the Chinese MLRS, on the other hand, you seems to know more about HIMARS than me. Which mean you should be able to answer the question I had asked the last post.

lol, again, I know FOR A FACT that the accuracy of HIMARS is not within 20 meters.

And second of all, Ukraine shoots those rocket 20 meters apart does not make it their "accuracy". 20 meters or 50 meters apart were taught to Gunner to deny an area being used. It's the same as shooting it on a bridge or shooting it on a runway. If Ukraine really do space them out exactly 20 meters apart, that mean their CEP is < 1m

And lol, I don't know enough of how Chinese MLRS work to comment on the efficiency on the Chinese MLRS, on the other hand, you seems to know more about HIMARS than me. Which mean you should be able to answer the question I had asked the last post.

I remember you said you knew Chinese. Introduction to PHL-191&HIMARS on Taiwan Zhongtian Television's "Exploring Time" program. He repeatedly emphasized that the accuracy of PHL-191 is less than 1m. If HIMARS had the same level of accuracy, it would not have blown 8 holes with 8 missiles.

HIMARS can not make up the gap between GPS and Beidou only depending on terminal guidance. China's missiles will only be stronger. Unless the USA launches a new guidance system to replace the GPS that has been in service for 50 years, it will never win China.

Last edited:
it would not have blown 8 holes with 8 missiles.

Dude, that's because you need 8 holes on that bridge to deny the Russian for using it.

We DID NOT supply ATACMS to Ukraine, GMLRS rockets cannot destroy the pillar of those bridge. I mean how are you going to with 50kg warhead?

As I said, just because they shoot 8 holes 20 meters apart does not make it their "accuracy" And again, I know for a fact HIMARS have accuracy < 1m

Back
Top Bottom