What's new

Battle of Bach Dang River (938) | Vietnam-China Sea Battle

Wtf are you talking about? retard or agent infected i was refer to that stupid viet posting a cartoon as proof of victory go back to school kid:rofl:

He wants to help you visualize what happened at estuary Bach Dang River in 938.
If you dont want to see the cartoon, just look at the numbers: :cheesy:

Ngô Quyền against the Chinese Southern Han forces in 938 (killed over 100,000 and captured a thousands Chinese sailors, killed Chinese Prince Liu Hongcao)

well we chinese dont need to beg other country to buy simple thing like bananas but philipines do:rofl:

Abstaining from bananas also could not help you invade Scarborough Shoal of the Philippines... :cheesy:

Ok it has gone up to about £16 billion but still a very sad number

This proves that you lied when you had put the number 6 billion USD. :lol:
Now who can believe in your number 16 bil?

Is that what your pathetic little brain could spew when you don't have anything better to say to contirbute?
where did you come from to 'contribute' in this thread about an ancient battle between China and viet?
guess the maids nature, minding other people house's 'business'``lol

10 famous battles and military campaigns since 10th century
QĐND - Monday, October 04, 2010, 21:44 (GMT+7)

PANO - 10 battles and military campaigns, symbolising Vietnamese history during different periods after the 10th century, are being introduced at the Vietnam Military History Museum through collections of weapons and belongings, lively images and other exhibits.

10 famous battles and military campaigns since 10th century - People

I just have one question for the Vietnamese: Can you name 5 defeats Vietnam has have against the Chinese in the past?

Vietnamese Navy history:

In Lý-Trần Dynasty era, the problems of construction the naval base, set up the naval forces were in place. Specially, the Van Don port has an important role to protect the northeast sea of Vietnam. In 1077, the Vietnamese Navy fought the Battle of Cầu River against the Chinese Song Dynasty forces. This was the final battle China's Song Dynasty would fight on Vietnamese land or waters. The battle lasted for several months, and ended with the victory of the Vietnamese Navy and the loss of many Song's (Chinese) sailors. This victory demonstrated the successful tactics of war and active defense of the famous Admiral Lý Thường Kiệt who faced a naval force several times larger than his own.[2] The Song Dynasty lost a total of 80,000 soldiers/sailors and 5,19 million ounces of gold, including all costs of the war.[3]
The largest battles (officially recorded in history) were three naval battles (all three are called Battle of Bạch Đằng): Ngô Quyền against the Chinese Southern Han forces in 938 (killed over 100,000 and captured a thousands Chinese sailors, killed Chinese Prince Liu Hongcao);[4] Lê Hoàn against Song Dynasty in 981; and Trần Quốc Tuấn against Yuan Dynasty (Mongol) in 1288 (killed over 80,000 Yuan Mongol sailors, destroyed more than 400 Yuan ships, killed Sogetu, and captured Yuan Admiral Omar).[5]
One of the greatest victories in Vietnamese Naval history was the Battle of Rạch Gầm-Xoài Mút in Tay Son dynasty, during which Nguyễn Huệ (Emperor Quang Trung) defeated the Siamese (Thai) naval force. The battle occurred in present-day Tiền Giang Province on January 19, 1785. Nguyễn Huệ's forces completely destroyed over 50,000 Siamese sailors and 300 warships.[6]

800px-ThuyenchienDaiViet2.JPG

Model of warship has used in the 13rd century by Trần Dynasty

800px-T%C3%A0u_chi%E1%BA%BFn_trong_tr%E1%BA%ADn_Xo%C3%A0i_M%C3%BAt.JPG

Model of warship has used by Nguyễn Huệ in the Battle of Rạch Gầm-Xoài Mút

Haichienthinai.jpg

Battle sea of Thi Nai
Vietnamese Navy has great developed in Nguyễn Dynasty with 26,800 naval soldiers and copper ships

I just have one question for the Vietnamese: Can you name 5 defeats Vietnam has have against the Chinese in the past?

Well, the 4 Chinese dominations over Vietnam lasting 1000 years, and of course
I give you two credits for the Battle of the Paracel Islands 1974 and the Johnson South Reef Skirmish 1988.

Model of warship has used by Nguyễn Huệ in the Battle of Rạch Gầm-Xoài Mút

Battle sea of Thi Nai
Vietnamese Navy has great developed in Nguyễn Dynasty with 26,800 naval soldiers and copper ships

According to Arch. M-E. 801, Documents of Paris Christian Corps, p. 857, 867, a Fleet of Tay Son in Thi Nai (1801) had:
- 9 Ship of the Lines w/ 66 guns
- 5 Ship of the Lines w/ 50 guns
- 40 Frigates
- 93 Galleys
- 300 gunboats

And then Chinese think that Vietnamese boats couldn't go as far as Paracels :rofl: :rofl:

I think the greatest development was in 18th Century when we were the very first nation in the East Asia who were using Ship of the Lines, Frigates, Galleys ... as same as what Westerners were using.
The second greatest development was in late 14th Century when we were maybe the first nation that put real cannons on Warships.
The third development was the 19th Century when we were starting to use copper ships. But because of the Port-Blocking Policy just a few years later, we became outdated immediately.

Easy. From the time we regained our independence after Battle of Bach Dang river against Hans:
1) 2 times beat Song (981, 1075-1077)
2) 3 times beat Yuan (1258, 1285, 1287), but I don't think it is counted because Mongol is not China btw. But they did use Chinese in their forces.
3) 1 time beat Ming (1427)
4) 1 time beat Qing (1789)
The result is Dong Da hill - 50.000 Chinese invaders death bodies created that hill. People's Committee of Dong Da District is very happy if Chinese ppl come and clear the site, you know, the price of lands in Hanoi is increasing constantly and that hill is such a waste ...
5) 1979

1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9.
9 times from 10th century up to now.

Đảo Bạch Long Vỹ;3315057 said:
Easy. From the time we regained our independence after Battle of Bach Dang river against Hans:
1) 2 times beat Song (981, 1075-1077)
2) 3 times beat Yuan (1258, 1285, 1287), but I don't think it is counted because Mongol is not China btw. But they did use Chinese in their forces.
3) 1 time beat Ming (1427)
4) 1 time beat Qing (1789)
The result is Dong Da hill - 50.000 Chinese invaders death bodies created that hill. People's Committee of Dong Da District is very happy if Chinese ppl come and clear the site, you know, the price of lands in Hanoi is increasing constantly and that hill is such a waste ...
5) 1979

1 + 2 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9.
9 times from 10th century up to now.

You did not count BBDR 938?

I remember I have read a historical document (in Vietnamese) said that after the battle of Ngoc Hoi-Dong Da, have 12 hill formed to bury invader soldiers died. The following years local people have broken most of this rubbles, leaving only one at Gò Đống Đa, Now known Dong Da District, Hanoi.
The number of Chinese soldiers who were killed several times larger if including the number of soldiers drowned in the Red River while fleeing broken pontoon bridge....

Well, the 4 Chinese dominations over Vietnam lasting 1000 years, and of course
I give you two credits for the Battle of the Paracel Islands 1974 and the Johnson South Reef Skirmish 1988.

At least you give China credits for two wins other than the two skirmishes, perhaps your experiences outside Vietnam give you some real knowledge on the matter and a sense of fairness, however small. You also have a good habit on reading others opinions carefully too. Unlike some of your compatriots at home, whose only knowledge are what the party feeds them on top of their own ingrained warmongering natures, just glanced over my post and gave me an answer opposite the ones I seek. ( see two posts below yours)

just a reminder one american called rambo killed thousands of viets:rofl:hahaha so funny

The reality is Viet cong made US to with draw their forces and sign peace accord :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom