What's new

Battle of Ain Jalat I 1260 - Battle that stopped Mongols

I dont mean religion but the Islamic World would no doubt be a shell of its former self if the Mongols won. Islam would no doubt been damaged a lot of if the Mongols got it their way.

I dont believe Islam would be extinguished but the Islamic World itself was a civilsation that could have been wiped out or just a weak shadow of itself if the Mongols fully conquered it. If they won ayn jalut what stops them from reaching the holy cities?

The Arabian desert would have played a big part. Nobody wants to cross a desert, not until its a last resort.

The Arabian desert would have played a big part. Nobody wants to cross a desert, not until its a last resort.

It can be bypassed the mongols will not march into the arabian desert but will attack Makkah and Madinah through Egypt and Jordan if they won. Not to mention you have Christian collarborators like the Armenians and Georgians especially Western crusaders helping out the Mongols. No doubt the crusaders would want the Mongols to march into Makkah and Madinah.

Also as Berke is being mentioned. Thought I'd say how Berke converted to Islam and Hulagu's attacks against the Muslims made him angry. Berke put his Islamic faith before his mongol blood and waged war on a member of his own family for his fellow Muslims. May Allah grant him jannah.

Turks essentially saved Mecca & Medina and then centuries later got repaid by being back stabbed.

Also as Berke is being mentioned. Thought I'd say how Berke converted to Islam and Hulagu's attacks against the Muslims made him angry. Berke put his Islamic faith before his mongol blood and waged war on a member of his own family for his fellow Muslims. May Allah grant him jannah.

Once a lot of Mongols became Muslim they actually became warriors for Islam.

Their forefathers destroyed a lot of Muslim lands while their grandsons became the warriors of the faith.

Allah is indeed the best of Planners.

But he was a staunch Muslim who embraced Persian culture, and his lineage had mixed with Turks. He was hardly a Mongol ruler in the same sense as Genghis or Hulagu.

Timur has been called one of the "most destructive conquerors in human history." He used terror as an instrument of war. He ruthlessly sacked cities which offered resistance to him, slaughtering and enslaving large numbers and carrying off artisans, craftsmen and scholars to his capital, Samarqand. According to a contemporary observer, Ibn Arab Shah, the yassa of Genghis and the traditions of the Mongols were fundamental to Timur's character and policy.

He further argues that the Quran and the sharia did not matter to Timur except as external forms. While many of
the successors of Timur tried to pose as orthodox Muslims, and gave patronage to the Muslim religious
classes, made provision for religious endowment, and built shrines, mosques and madrasas, they never
repudiated the yassa.

another main point is this, which is never really credited

the Mumluks achieved what no other army had achieved up till that point

they managed to defeat the Mongol heavy Calvary in close combat, thanks in turn to those very devastating hand cannons which scared the mongol horses

Turks essentially saved Mecca & Medina and then centuries later got repaid by being back stabbed.

our prophet said Makkah and Madinah will never be conquered by non-muslims until day of judgment

even Dajjal will not enter these two cities

Back
Top Bottom