What's new

Barkha Dutt slams Arnab Goswami, says 'ashamed to be from same industry as him'

That is actually very cowardly from Arnab. Everyone knows who he is targeting, so why wouldn't he name them? If you watched Jon Stewart, you would know that he regularly targeted news media (mainly Fox) and he would name them and point out specifics. If you are going to target someone that's how it should be done. Then the other person has a chance to respond to those allegations. Arnab OTOH has relied on hysteria and right wing trolls to do his bidding. If he wanted to call someone anti-national, he should have been specific, with proper examples. Plausible deniability?
It is the format, The Daily Show since Jon took it over was a satirical show and not a 24 news network show and comparing a Giant like Jon with a loudmouth is not really fair. Jon Stewart from day one has been hammering the hyppocrissy in the 24 hour news network, and if there was someone of Jon's caliber in India's scene, Barkha's Dutts career would be long over after radia tapes. But what Arnab mentioned I am group of people who made Burhan Wani in to a poster boy of Kashmir. did not specifically mention Barkha Dutt, inference by everyone was made to be Barkha Dutt... what does that tell you....

He has the blessings of the forum gods, that's why.. His ability comes from the fact he knows he wont get banned if he uses gutter level language...

Really? One day they woke up and as they sipped their ambrosia and bit into their toasts and nectar, and the Boss God said,"Let's do something for the mortals. Let's - what's the word, Athena - yup, that's it, let's bless one of them, and impress the shit out of them." And Juno said, getting out from his beefy sides, "Dull. Crass. I mean, prosaic. Not on a Friday evening, for Dyaussakes." So he asks her testily, seeing the slily concealed grins on the faces of the other ten,"So what's the big deal you have in mind, O smartest of them all?" "Why, call one of them Stellar Combat, or something snappy your smart-alec daughter can think up, give him bad breath and that watchamacallit dysfunctional syndrome, snaggle teeth, and hair in his ears, and let them see what can happen if they act smart with us." And it was carried by acclamation.

Thank you, forum Gods.

Why ashamed ..............this is the beauty of South Asia.....freedom of speech...... Otherwise North Korea doors are open.....moderator need to be decent and polite to conduct the debate.
Because of Freedom of speech only she is selling her country and no body is stopping her.
Had she has some self conscience I would not have to said this about her.

whether wani is a terrorist or not is debatable,... its not mandatory for press at least to report something exactly the way govt sees it.... if govt or anybody feels aggrieved, knock on the doors of the court and get her jailed for sedition.(which has zero chance of happening)
They should probably teach a bit about press freedom in social sciences class... any journalist will give his/her arm to interview prabhakaran, veerappan, dawood, OBL etc, its like hitting a jackpot...

however I think barkha should not have directly criticized arnab... as arnab did not name her....

whether wani is a terrorist or not is debatable,... its not mandatory for press at least to report something exactly the way govt sees it.... if govt or anybody feels aggrieved, knock on the doors of the court and get her jailed for sedition.(which has zero chance of happening)
They should probably teach a bit about press freedom in social sciences class... any journalist will give his/her arm to interview prabhakaran, veerappan, dawood, OBL etc, its like hitting a jackpot...

however I think barkha should not have directly criticized arnab... as arnab did not name her....

She over-reacted. I am emphatically not her fan, but she is admittedly one of the better ones in a bad lot.

She over-reacted. I am emphatically not her fan, but she is admittedly one of the better ones in a bad lot.
it looks like that.. I remember the shambles after radia tape when she had an one hour session with journalists(including the guy who exposed)... she was so defensive, came out looking terribly stupid and guilty.
She openly used her gender to defend herself(which is a dumb strategy for a professional)... and continues to use appeal to emotion as her defense in many situations, instead of being upfront and owning it...
even with all the faults, she is pretty good by Indian standard.. ... at least her programs don't give me headache or make me feel stupid...

it looks like that.. I remember the shambles after radia tape when she had an one hour session with journalists(including the guy who exposed)... she was so defensive, came out looking terribly stupid and guilty.
She openly used her gender to defend herself(which is a dumb strategy for a professional)... and continues to use appeal to emotion as her defense in many situations, instead of being upfront and owning it...
even with all the faults, she is pretty good by Indian standard.. ... at least her programs don't give me headache or make me feel stupid...

None of those on the Rada tapes have any figleaf left to show, but as you say, her programmes don't give me headaches to watch or make me feel shitty at the way participants are ill-treated.

None of those on the Rada tapes have any figleaf left to show, but as you say, her programmes don't give me headaches to watch or make me feel shitty at the way participants are ill-treated.
From the TRP nos it seems that people dont mind headaches or feeling shittly at way the participants are treated.

I will give an honest bit of advise to you. People in general dont like 50 shades of grey. They are more like George Bush "You are either with us or against us"

The liberals are analog in a digital world. It is time they accept the reality

From the TRP nos it seems that people dont mind headaches or feeling shittly at way the participants are treated.

I will give an honest bit of advise to you. People in general dont like 50 shades of grey. They are more like George Bush "You are either with us or against us"

@Soumitra

When will you get it? I don't want your advice (not advise; your lack of basic education is one reason I don't want to hear your opinion on social trends, a far more complicated issue).

And I am not concerned with who has what TRP. You are. Your associates, hangers on and chamchas are.

@Soumitra

When will you get it? I don't want your advice (not advise; your lack of basic education is one reason I don't want to hear your opinion on social trends, a far more complicated issue).

And I am not concerned with who has what TRP. You are. Your associates, hangers on and chamchas are.
My giving advice is free. (Don't you "liberals" advocate freedom of speech) Your taking it or not is totally up to you.

I think you are confusing two different things.. if the question is whether arnab is stupid.. I would say he is not, he wins TRP war hands down.. if I was a businessman i will probably hire him..
however I am thinking from consumer point of view.. do I have to buy the car thats most people buy.. or the toothpaste most people prefer.. not really.. in a market place when multiple products are on offer, i will chose the one suitable to me... so colgate may be number 1 toothpaste brand but i might prefer close up...

you might watch khan starrer movie and I guess they beat the box office hands down, but I might prefer some indie movie by rajat kapoor... (and I would argue my choice is classier but thats just an opinion)...

Back
Top Bottom