What's new

Bangladesh’s per capita foreign debt now stands at Tk 24,890

BD gets more than 50 billion US dollars every year from exports and remittances.
It’s foreign reserves have swelled to a similar amount.

BD is by far the least stressed debtor in the whole of the sub-continent.

Stop creating drama where none exists.

Now please tell us why you seem to know more about the BD economy than eminent economic forecasters like IMF, ADB, World Bank and the UK’s CEBR?
Read the report from an internet source and forget what all those Jewish money lenders parrot. They parrot what BD govt says, but will not do so when BD defaults. Examples: Pakistan, SL.

By the way, you seem to be more an economist than another Einstein. Better read and understand the process of national economic development.

"In 2019, exports from Bangladesh remained high, reaching USD 39.3 billion, and imports of goods were slightly reduced to USD 59.1 billion. Since becoming independent, Bangladesh has had a negative trade balance, with its deficit being financed by international aid and expatriate transfers".

Probably burning their way into Dollar like Ishaq Dar to keep currency stable. Take it from Pakistan it will kill Bangladeshi economy. Debt trap is the biggest hurdle in progress of Pakistan economy.
last time it was 30-40 i think where they spend 50bn$?

Building up reserves and to keep currency stable. Still from 40 to 90 is a huge jump in just 1 year and very unsustainable. CA deficit need to be 2% at best more is always a disaster.

Read the report from an internet source and forget what all those Jewish money lenders parrot. They parrot what BD govt says, but will not do so when BD defaults. Examples: Pakistan, SL.

By the way, you seem to be more an economist than another Einstein. Better read and understand the process of national economic development.

"In 2019, exports from Bangladesh remained high, reaching USD 39.3 billion, and imports of goods were slightly reduced to USD 59.1 billion. Since becoming independent, Bangladesh has had a negative trade balance, with its deficit being financed by international aid and expatriate transfers".

When did the UK’s CEBR become a “Jewish money lender”?

You make little sense at times!

When did the UK’s CEBR become a “Jewish money lender”?

You make little sense at times!
What CEBR you are talking about? It is just a financial consultancy. Many trillions of dollars worth of old Jewish money is being hoarded in the leading lending agencies.

These agencies extend loans to so-called heavy infrastructures that do not produce wealth. Now, Jewish or not, ask any of these lending agencies to lend money for industrialization, they will not extend a dime.

Why not? Because industries produce wealth and employment and their aim is to make a country bleed with infrastructure loans that cannot be readily repaid.

What CEBR you are talking about? It is just a financial consultancy. Many trillions of dollars worth of old Jewish money is being hoarded in the leading lending agencies.

These agencies extend loans to so-called heavy infrastructures that do not produce wealth. Now, Jewish or not, ask any of these lending agencies to lend money for industrialization, they will not extend a dime.

Why not? Because industries produce wealth and employment and their aim is to make a country bleed with infrastructure loans that cannot be readily repaid.

Do you not know how to “Google”?

It is a UK government economics forecaster.

Like the “Jewish Money Lenders” they also forecast BD to be the fastest growing large developing economy in the world till 2035. And no the
key people there are not Jews.

Last edited:
Can you tell me if the GoB collects revenues in US dollars or in BD Taka?

Why are you asking me this question when the Finance Minister himself has projected $95.6 billion debt within a short period? So, please ask him why did he have to state anything future when you personally do not like it? The FM must have respected your great objection on announcing a figure that has already been counted by the govt.

But why do you object to the $95.6 billion loan figure? Is it false? Read the news and tell me. But, be very objective instead of going around the issue.

Better you learn something about the national economic development to know that not one country has developed BD or Pakistan style. If I am incorrect, pray tell me which country developed by borrowing from foreign Jewish-controlled Institutions? Just which is that one country?

Where did he say 'short period' or you added that yourself? He said they have agreements in place. Means the money has not been pulled down yet.

Loans are taken against projects - don't talk about loan only but forgetting what the money is used for.

Please also tell me how stupid Japanese are?

Soft-Warning
Where did he say 'short period' or you added that yourself? He said they have agreements in place. Means the money has not been pulled down yet.

Loans are taken against projects - don't talk about loan only but forgetting what the money is used for.

Please also tell me how stupid Japanese are?
Idiot BAL brat, stick to the topic that BD is engulfed in about $96 billion loans that I find quite difficult to repay. Pakistan loan is $103 billion. What is the difference?

And I talked to him and not to an immature bay like you who knows nothing about the economy. Tell me how the $76b loan money will produce wealth when it is wasted in prestige projects only.

Do you think Padma Bridge and Rooppur will produce mechanical or electrical goods? Even power stations are operating half their capacities. If the loan money was used to build projects that do not produce wealth how a country can repay the loan?

Do you understand this small thing? If not, do not answer. Idiots should remain in Kindergarten whatever are their ages.

Bangladesh has adopted a wrong policy of borrowing foreign money to build a few structures without building the industrial infrastructure. The result is, BD has reached 11:30 pm and it will take only a few years for it to reach 12:00 pm.

This is the result of "ধার করা পয়সা দিয়া ঘি-ভাত খাওয়া"।

Do you think Padma Bridge and Rooppur will produce mechanical or electrical goods? Even power stations are operating half their capacities. If the loan money was used to build projects that do not produce wealth how a country can repay the loan?
Padma bridge's loan will be paid by the revenue (toll) of the bridge itself. So will all the other projects. And no one funds a project unless they know that they will get the money back with interest.

Padma bridge's loan will be paid by the revenue (toll) of the bridge itself. So will all the other projects. And no one funds a project unless they know that they will get the money back with interest.
Excuse me, can you tell us how many vehicles will cross the Padma Bridge every day? Can you also tell how much money the govt will collect each from a truck, a bus, a private car, and a motorcycle for using the bridge?

Please note that if the total cost is $3,000 million, then the payment is $0.42 million or BD Tk. 36,708,000 daily, the total payment is $3,803.73 million with the total Interest figure being $803.73 million if the rate of yearly interest is only 2%.

You can ask a Bank Accountant if I am right or wrong. Now, if 1,500 vehicles cross daily, each one will have to pay Tk. 36,708,000/1,500 vehicles = Tk24,470.

Do you think people can afford to pay that much money? They will use Ferries there and if not available then will use Aricha-Goalondo Ferries.

Being a construction laborer I may be wrong. Please do your own calculations and state where I am wrong.

Excuse me, can you tell us how many vehicles will cross the Padma Bridge every day? Can you also tell how much money the govt will collect each from a truck, a bus, a private car, and a motorcycle for using the bridge?

Please note that if the total cost is $3,000 million, then the payment is $0.42 million or BD Tk. 36,708,000 daily, the total payment is $3,803.73 million with the total Interest figure being $803.73 million if the rate of yearly interest is only 2%.

You can ask a Bank Accountant if I am right or wrong. Now, if 1,500 vehicles cross daily, each one will have to pay Tk. 36,708,000/1,500 vehicles = Tk24,470.

Do you think people can afford to pay that much money? They will use Ferries there and if not available then will use Aricha-Goalondo Ferries.

Being a construction laborer I may be wrong. Please do your own calculations and state where I am wrong.

Where did you come up with this ridiculously low 1500 vehicle daily traffic volume?

It will be the main artery that connects SW BD to Dhaka and the rest of the country.

The forecast is just over 20,000 a day which is a sensible number. As well as a highway, Padma Bridge will also have a railway, energy and telecommunications lines.

It is not just the money from tolls that Padma Bridge will generate but all the extra economic activities by cutting travel time from days to hours in one stroke.

BD government will never recoup the cost of building the Padma Bridge from tolls but over many decades it will more than gain it all back and more from taxing the extra economic activities that the bridge generates.

Rather than constantly going down your one-track narrow-minded line of thought, read and actually try to understand what far more educated and knowledgeable people are writing for once.

Last edited:

I am glad you asked. A study was done by ADB in this regard. The ADB study stated that the 24,000 vehicles to cross the bridge daily in 2022 will include 8,238 buses, 10,244 trucks and 5000 microbuses and cars. It also said that by 2025, the number of vehicles crossing Padma bridge will be 27,800 per day. By 2030 this will go up to 36,785. In 2040, the number of vehicles crossing the bridge daily will be 51,807. You might think that the number is absurd but it is not absurd when you think that it will probably be part of a national highway. 24000 vehicles a day means 16 vehicles a minute which isn't much.

If I change the number of vehicles in your calculation than it is tk 36708000/24000 = tk1529.5

And about the toll rate, it isn't decided yet. But the proposed rate has been between Tk 836.25 and Tk 2,775 depending on the capacity of a vehicle. Its 1.5 times more than the ferry rate. But people will still take the bridge because you have to wait at least 3-4 hours to cross the river in a low traffic day. Whereas, it will take less than 10 minutes in the bridge. Tell me, would you wait 4 hours or pay 50% more?

Toll-rates-for-different-types-of-vehicles-f-2106161615.png

If you have any counter-logic I am all ears

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom