What's new

Bangladesh Finance minister unveils Tk 761,785cr national budget

Most of India's central govt. tax revenue comes from economically better off states, not from states like UP, Bihar etc. Bulk of Central govt. tax revenue is collected from five Southern states, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana and Delhi. So, even if all the tax were collected by states by themselves, still I don't think UP could have surpassed Bangladesh in tax collection yet. But overall India has twice the tax GDP ratio of Bangladesh, this is even true in places like UP. So it would have come close to Bangladesh figure may be. I have read somewhere that Southern states give the center around 170-180 Rupee for every 100 Rupee it get, while Bihar, UP give just 30-40 Rupee for every 100 Rupees they get in return from Center. So, there is no way UP's tax revenue is greater than Bangladesh.
It doesn't matter. UP is part of India and it's revenue collections are projected to be over 5 trillion INR. As of now UP revenue per it's budget are twice that of Bangladesh. It's borrowings are low too. And it's spending are limited to certain key sectors and are not stretched. Doesn't matter who is giving what to central government, devolution formula is set by our finance commission and that's it.

It doesn't matter. UP is part of India and it's revenue collections are projected to be over 5 trillion INR. As of now UP revenue per it's budget are twice that of Bangladesh. It's borrowings are low too. And it's spending are limited to certain key sectors and are not stretched. Doesn't matter who is giving what to central government, devolution formula is set by our finance commission and that's it.
Why is UP's budget the highest in India if its GDP isn't?

Why is UP's budget the highest in India if its GDP isn't?
They have been helped by the ever increasing revenue collections by Central government as they get a major share in devolution. Also UP has been doing a lot to improve its own tax collections as well. All in all it is in a sweet spot for growth. Its GDP grew by 14% (nominal) last year, projected to increase 19% this year. Since they have set themselves a target of $trillion GDP by 2027-28 (very difficult), they are quickly ramping up government spending especially on infrastructure. As an Indian, I am more than happy to contribute to UP if it means it's development. I am pretty miffed that Bihar gets a larger share as well but spends most of it in freebies and non developmental politics.

Because even though it is a state of India it alone spends more than Bangladesh. It would be relevant to compare Bangladesh with UP than India.
LOL, that potato state mostly spends central grant NOT their own money. But you can keep your supa pawa dreams going, Im not going to stop you...

I am contesting your GDP and per capita numbers given how small your consumption is. Given UP collects more tax than Bangladesh makes me think it's GDP is actually bigger than Bangladesh. Wait till IMF finishes its work, all the realities will come out.

Hum bhi dekhenge.....there is a reason UP is part of the BIMARU $hitshow.

LOL, that potato state mostly spends central grant NOT their own money. But you can keep your supa pawa dreams going, Im not going to stop you...

Ar keu patta dai na - Pujari edikey aisey amago loge argue kortey..... :disagree:

Bangladesher unnoti hoiley tago to aro luv. Tader ga chulkai kano bujhbar parlum na....

Waste of time - ignore koira den shobai ei mokkelrey....

Last edited:
Because even though it is a state of India it alone spends more than Bangladesh. It would be relevant to compare Bangladesh with UP than India.

It may spend more because you have a much larger population which requires much more services (227 Million population in UP per the last 2018 census of India). Bangladesh population is somewhere around 170 Million max. Plus UP's population has probably reached somewhere around 275 Million today (with 25% Pop. growth rate).

Can we stop these useless arguments?

No matter what you say - UP is lower in everything than Bangladesh - and of course all HDI factors including education and health.

There is a reason why even Indians call UP a BIMARU state.

Last edited:
It may spend more because you have a much larger population which requires much more services (227 Million population in UP per the last 2018 census of India). Bangladesh population is somewhere around 170 Million max. Plus UP's population has probably reached somewhere around 275 Million today (with 25% Pop. growth rate).

Can we stop these useless arguments?

No matter what you say - UP is lower in everything than Bangladesh - and of course all HDI factors including education and health.

There is a reason why even Indians call UP a BIMARU state.
All HDI and GDP figures of Bangladesh come from same statistics office (BBS) which is a government department. I still think UP will beat Bangladesh shortly and most of the Indian states as well.

All HDI and GDP figures of Bangladesh come from same statistics office (BBS) which is a government department. I still think UP will beat Bangladesh shortly and most of the Indian states as well.

Good Luck.

More Paan Ghutka/Masala for you all in UP.

Last edited:
Hum bhi dekhenge.....there is a reason UP is part of the BIMARU $hitshow.

Ar keu patta dai na - Pujari edikey aisey amago loge argue kortey..... :disagree:

Bangladesher unnoti hoiley tago to aro luv. Tader ga chulkai kano bujhbar parlum na....

Waste of time - ignore koira den shobai ei mokkelrey....
Indians feel their bodies itching when we compare BD with their great India where Europeans come and work as their servants in hotels and restaurants.

Why BD people have the guts compare with India?

Indians feel their bodies itching when we compare BD with their great India where Europeans come and work as their servants in hotels and restaurants.

I would be happy for Bangladesh to be developed but not on fake statistics.

Just stupid ego.

Most of these bhakts are too cheap to take a quick flight to Dhaka to see for themselves where Bangladesh is and where their Ghutkaland is.

Back
Top Bottom