What's new

Bangladesh's GDP per capita has crossed Pakistan's GDP per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly speaking, Bangladesh growing or not growing doesn't makes any difference for any Pakistani. Fortunately or unfortunately Bangladesh has never been relevant to where Pakistan goes. The economy of bangladesh is as irrelevant to Pakistan as Burma's, Greece's, Nigerian, Mexican, etc etc. I have only seen this trend of "comparision with Pakistan", among bangladeshis. Looking at bangladeshis on the forums, etc it seems like everything in bdsh, from politics to economy, revolves around Pakistan.

I know some people here will think or say that "oh another jealous Pakistani", my answer to them is, how am I going to be jealous of something that is completely irrelevant to me and doesn't matters to me?

Your gdp got higher, OK cool, congrats but from all the comments posted, it seems like some posters from Bdsh really have an inferiority complex; which can be seen in their provoking attitude, additional fuel is being sprayed in by indians, one of whom start the thread with the sheer aim of enjoying a d measuring contest on Sunday which could somehow soothe his ego.

Honestly speaking, Bangladesh growing or not growing doesn't makes any difference for any Pakistani. Fortunately or unfortunately Bangladesh has never been relevant to where Pakistan goes. The economy of bangladesh is as irrelevant to Pakistan as Burma's, Greece's, Nigerian, Mexican, etc etc. I have only seen this trend of "comparision with Pakistan", among bangladeshis. Looking at bangladeshis on the forums, etc it seems like everything in bdsh, from politics to economy, revolves around Pakistan.

I know some people here will think or say that "oh another jealous Pakistani", my answer to them is, how am I going to be jealous of something that is completely irrelevant to me and doesn't matters to me?

Your gdp got higher, OK cool, congrats but from all the comments posted, it seems like some posters from Bdsh really have an inferiority complex; which can be seen in their provoking attitude, additional fuel is being sprayed in by indians, one of whom start the thread with the sheer aim of enjoying a d measuring contest on Sunday which could somehow soothe his ego.

Only reason why Pakistan is even mentioned is to prove that BD was exploited by Pakistan during 1947-1971 period.

You're brothers with the Punjabi Sikhs and most other North/Central Indians and that's all that matters. Deny it all you want but you maybe related to Ranjit Singh and ilk.

I mean most you bass Gabru Da songs and other Bhangra turn the light bulb type songs.
This guy has always been hardcorely adamant that we are not related at all.
As I said sounds to me more like a way of escape or not enter into competition. Any way, ask him, if not the subcontinent, who? F***ing Ireland?

Hey bangla friends,
Really happy to hear good news from Bangladesh. I hope Pakistan and Bangladesh relations too grow . Really at this point, bashing Pakistan, just because you can do it, is not good. It hurt common people.
Any progress Bangladesh do is the progress of Pakistan as Bangladesh and Pakistan are two brother countries. May our relations also grow.

Thanks for contributing a post whose value and substance is a big fat zero.

So there are no slums in Pakistan then, nor poor people?

Do enlighten - because what my relatives from Karachi tell me is entirely different.

I read the "undocument economy" excuse being put forth by several pakistanis here as if they are the only country with a shadow economy. When the facts are against you, this excuse always comes in handy!

I read the "undocument economy" excuse being put forth by several pakistanis here as if they are the only country with a shadow economy. When the facts are against you, this excuse always comes in handy!

Bangladesh is still a sea of human misery as is India, the bhoka nanga bangali is still there, as are the 650 million Indian who don't have toilets

Pakistan's undocumented economy is not an excuse it's real, not every one discloses their full income and that something we need to fix

But nobody in Pakistan looks up to either train track defecating Indian or the bhooka nanga bangali as some inspiration

People are living better lives in Pakistan as compared to India or Bangladesh

Not really a big deal. We need to take into account that BD GDP/capita is growing at 6% year compared to 3% for Pakistan.
If this trend continues, then BD GDP will be leaping to $3200 per capita, and the Pakistani per capita then will become $2100 per capita after 12 years. I just want Pakistan to spend less on military and more on development.

Bangladesh is still a sea of human misery as is India, the bhoka nanga bangali is still there, as are the 650 million Indian who don't have toilets

Pakistan's undocumented economy is not an excuse it's real, not every one discloses their full income and that something we need to fix

But nobody in Pakistan looks up to either train track defecating Indian or the bhooka nanga bangali as some inspiration

People are living better lives in Pakistan as compared to India or Bangladesh

Sure sure what ever helps you sleep at night.

when Bangladesh decided to split off from Pakistan, it had a goal to justify the split.... and for that reason alone, Bangladesh needs to develop its independent defence production capabilities.... Pakistan is far ahead of Bangladesh right now in that field.... and I think Bangladesh deserves to get much closer to Pakistan if that split justification of four decades back need to be held high...

like it or not, if Bangladesh needs to justify its split from Pakistan, the local defence industry needs to get a rapid boost..... no "Shushil" stance in this regard cannot be justified....

Couple of weeks ago I wrote in another thread that my impression of Bangladesh is that it's a confused nation living in the past.
The comments so far only prove me right.

Bangladesh was part of Pakistan for 24 years till it separated in 1971. And even 46 years since "independence", Pakistan continues to be your benchmark? Why are you still stuck in the past, don't you have an identity of your own? Your own goals to pursue regardless of Pakistan? You should be competing with your blood brothers in West Bengal or your neighbors and trying to match or surpass their growth and living standard. No one in Pakistan cares if Bangladesh has or has not surpassed anything related to us, not even if you surpass Switzerland or USA in living standards, good for you. Stop playing a victim and be proud of your achievements. A few dollars more is nothing to brag about, SA as a whole is a mess, one of the poorest regions of the world and we are comparing who's the best of the worst? Shame on you!

I am younger than most of you, less experienced and less educated on geopolitics but even I would not dare compare the dynamics of BD and Pakistan for last two decades. BD is a homogenous society, situated in a rather peaceful neighborhood compared to Pakistan which is surrounded by hostile nations. We are at war for decades yet we continued to develop at slow pace, our GDP never shrunk despite heavy sanctions, mega financial and energy crisis, water scarcity or terrorist attacks. In the mean time we developed a powerful army, a robust weapon industry, state of the art weapon systems including nuclear missiles and several industrial platform to build upon such as IT, textiles, pharmaceuticals etc.
Our geopolitical importance is such that none of the superpowers dare to dance to the tones of the dancing monkey Modi who loves to humiliate himself and his nation by even asking the powers isolate us. But all he gets is a middle finger over and over again.

Pakistan will change its CPI base next year, bring in the informal sector and add up to the GDP which will probably put us on the top again, well ahead of India and Sri Lanka.

BD, you are a small and young country, there's a lot to be done and whatever you achieve, it should be for your own people. So grow prosperous and be a model like Singapore, South Korea or China but please for the love of God, don't come to this forum bragging about a few dollars you may or may not have surpassed us with. We simply don't care. We have moved on, so should you.

Last edited:
^ Furthermore, Bangladesh needs to understand that Pakistan is in full support of a strong and independent Bangladesh who do not need to take dictation from Modi at anytime. If they are prosperous, it works in our favor as it brings stability in the region.

PS: All we want is India to be divided and then subdivided again.

I don't even know what you are trying to prove when both websites are saying otherwise . Even in the government figures which BD regularly fudges to get out of the LDC category its still behind .

$1629
$1609

Don't know where did you get the $1525 figure from .

You are in the twilight zone my friend. He has been roundly thrashed on this before (be sure to read full thread for context, it may also be useful info for later):

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...s-7-4-to-rs-93-293.454395/page-4#post-8797217

But it wont stop him from going on like a broken record.

@waz @WAJsal I though there is a policy for fake/misleading titles for threads?

Can check for yourself: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2017/01/weodata/weorept.aspx?pr.x=66&pr.y=15&sy=2015&ey=2022&scsm=1&ssd=1&sort=country&ds=.&br=1&c=513,564&s=NGDPDPC&grp=0&a=

OK THATS IT ! ! ! ! I SAY BD GDP IS HIGHER THAN PAKISTAN AND THAT IS FINAL! !
NO ONE CAN CHANGE IT :enjoy:

Only matters if there is a cat meme/gif :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom