What's new

Bangladesh's GDP per capita has crossed Pakistan's GDP per capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karachi skyline in 2020.

JZX6KMZ.jpg

I also see increase 200m+ highrises in Islamabad and Lahore in near future. Especially Islamabad should start building apartments because it's land will not expand and population is already 2.6 million.

Only real thing matter is the build-up areas.Administrative border of a city matter little.There are some cities in Australia which includes 30k-40k sq. km with little population or build-up areas.Most of them are outback but within city limit.You can build anywhere of that city limit and you are a resident of that city.It doesn't matter whether there or not any second person living within 1 km of you.Karachi city's build-up areas are 396 sq. km and rest are unused/desert land.You should look at satellite map of Karachi to see how much empty land there within Karachi city.By build-up areas,Karachi is slightly larger spread out than Dhaka metropolitan areas.That's what matter.You can put half of Pakistan within Karachi city limit.But it doesn't mean anything.Only thing matter is build-up areas.

Karachi metropolitan area is around 1000sq km not 396. Karachi district 3700sq km.

It might be your personal opinion.
So I don't want to debate it further.

Just few issues for your 'beautiful' head...
Let alone nation Pakistan, how , where and when the 'world' 'PAKISTAN' originated?
The term Bharat/Hindustan/Banga/Bangla existing from thousands of years and so it inhabitants.
How Pakistan created?
Who are the people behind the creation of Pakistan?
Lastly , what is the history of Pakistan?
But they make you less then 3% of india's population and nearly 60% of Pakistan's. But that's neither here nor there. 40% of Pakistan's population have cultural and genetic links to nearly 50% of Iranians. Does that make us "Iranian/Persian" or "Middle Eastern". It doesn't just like it does not make any meaningful links with india.

It's not racism. It's a fact. Some races are more intelligent than others. Some races are more stronger than others. Some races are wayyyyy more beautiful than other races. If we can continually criticize Pakistanis for their faults on PDF then we can also point out some home truths.

TTP gave permission?

Oh dear, another indiotic suffering from "lesser men" syndrome which is common to the men of his race......:disagree::

http://m.indiatimes.com/news/world/...econd-smallest-penis-in-the-world-235005.html

It might be personal opinion.
So I don't want to debate it further.

Just few issues for beautiful head...
Let alone nation Pakistan, how , where and when the 'world' 'PAKISTAN' originated?
The term Bharat/Hindustan/Bangalore/Bangla existing from thousands of years and so it inhabitants.
How Pakistan created?
Who are the people behind the creation of Pakistan?
Lastly , what is the history of Pakistan?

I don't care where the name comes from but the general physical apperance of the people. Some sikhs in the UK are called Tony or Paul. It doesn't make them White Western European Christians now does it?

Better focus on the poverty and Development of Bangladesh i don't want to derail this thread we know how much Poverty and Lack of infrastructure is there in Bangladesh so please

Bangladesh%2BPoverty.jpg

GDP of Karachi is bigger than Dhaka and Lahore is miles better than Chittagong in any category hands down .
Can you give any source of Karachi GDP being higher than Dhaka? In 2008, according to PwC,both cities had gdp ppp 78 billion dollar.But since than, Karachi discriminated, decayed while Dhaka was part of the higher growth of BD.Anybody will guess,Dhaka now have bigger GDP than Karachi.

And for Lahore and Chittagong comparison.According to my previous reference, Lahore has a population of 9 million and Chittagong has 4.6 million.That PwC, 2008 estimate put Lahore gdp ppp at 40 billion dollar and Chittagong at 24 billion dollar.But I think this gap has narrowed now in favor of Chittagong as Bangladesh narrowed gap with Pakistan with higher economic growth.Chittagong have highest per capita income in BD.Lahore may have shiny roads as most of the Punjab budget is spend there to build road infrastructure,But Chittagong have higher economic turnout than Lahore as it has a lot of industry and trade.And Chittagong is going to be one of the biggest economic center in South Asia in coming years with massive exclusive economic zone,deep sea port, trade, commerce and industry with one of the top 10 fastest growing urban center in the world.
Where Are the World’s Fastest-Growing Cities?
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/world-fastest-growing-cities/
Big investment move for Chittagong hub
http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2017/01/16/59283/Big-investment-move-for-Ctg-hub/print

Last edited:
Better focus on the poverty and Development of Bangladesh i don't want to derail this thread we know how much Poverty and Lack of infrastructure is there in Bangladesh so please

True but let me remind you that BD GDP/capita is growing at 6% a year now. This is unheard of by S Asian standards.
India is growing at similar rates but this is only after Modi came into power in 2014 and did his accounting trick, which has many organistations doubting Indian GDP growth figures

BD is rapidly growing it's way out of poverty and infrastructure is being built up rapidly as well.

True but let me remind you that BD GDP/capita is growing at 6% a year now. This is unheard of by S Asian standards.
India is growing at similar rates but this is only after Modi came into power in 2014 and did his accounting trick, which has many organistations doubting Indian GDP growth figures

BD is rapidly growing it's way out of poverty and infrastructure is being built up rapidly as well.

And let me also remind you that in 2013 Pakistan's growth rate was below 3.5% which start taking pace since then also we were facing power outrages which is shlowly being taking care of as well Roads Rails etc and growth rate has reached 5% which will further grow

And let me also remind you that in 2013 Pakistan's growth rate was below 3.5% which start taking pace since then also we were facing power outrages which is shlowly being taking care of as well Roads Rails etc and growth rate has reached 5% which will further grow

I was talking about GDP capita growth and that is 3% for Pakistan.
You are going nowhere if you grow 10% a year
but your population is also growing 10% a year.

Lets wait for revised base year of Pakistan both gangia and BD will be in their place soon enough which is behind Pakistan. @Tesky @Major Sam @LA se Karachi

I don't care what "place" they're in, so long as their citizens stay out of Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to stop comparing itself to fellow poor countries like India and Bangladesh, and needs to start comparing itself to countries like Sri Lanka, Brazil, Malaysia, China, and Turkey. Look at what they've achieved over the past 50 years. Only then can it truly progress.

I don't care what "place" they're in, so long as their citizens stay out of Pakistan.

Pakistan needs to stop comparing itself to fellow poor countries like India and Bangladesh, and needs to start comparing itself to countries like Sri Lanka, Brazil, Malaysia, China, and Turkey. Look at what they've achieved over the past 50 years. Only then can it truly progress.

Brazil has achieved very little in last 50 years - still stuck in "middle-income" trap.

Pakistan cannot compare itself to BD as BD GDP/capita is growing twice as fast as Pakistan - 6% to 3%. With every passing year the gap between Pakistan and BD will get wider.

Brazil has achieved very little in last 50 years - still stuck in "middle-income" trap.

Pakistan cannot compare itself to BD as BD GDP/capita is growing twice as fast as Pakistan - 6% to 3%. With every passing year the gap between Pakistan and BD will get wider.
Bangladesh is a far smaller and more homogenous country than Pakistan. It should've achieved this earlier anyways.
BD will probably overtake India too in GDP per capita, it has good sustainable development going for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom