What's new

Bangladesh's captain Shakib Al Hasan house has been attacked by Bangladeshi people

Mani2020

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just heard on Geo news that Bangladesh people have attacked the house of Shakid Al Hassan .His mother and sister were at home when attack took place but both are safe

its part of game,but cant stop emotions...
same here in india.
and same is going to happen to dhoni n company if they loose

This is the exact news

Updated at: Saturday, March 05, 2011
DHAKA: Angry fans attacked the house of Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hasan after his team crashed to a humiliating nine-wicket World Cup defeat against the West Indies, police said Saturday.

Shakib's mother and sister were inside the three-storey house in the western district town of Magura when several motor-cycle riders stopped and threw stones at the house on Friday evening, local police chief Proloy Chisim said.

"The stones broke one window of the house. His father spoke to me after the incident and we have already stepped up security in the area," he said.

Shakib's father Mashrur Reza told reporters that a number of windows were shattered on the first floor, including those of the captain's room.

Bangladesh, one of the three co-hosts of the World Cup, were bowled out for their lowest one-day-international total 58 on Friday to leave them facing a huge struggle to secure a place in the World Cup quarter-finals.

Fans also stoned the bus carrying the West Indies team as the players were leaving Sher-e-Bangla stadium after the match in what police claimed was a case of mistaken identity.

Police said fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it, shattering two windows. Police and the elite Rapid Action Battalion have arrested 38 young men in connection with the attack. "We have filed cases against them and they have been sent to the court," police sub-inspector Abdur Razzak said.

Up to 3,000 fans also torched Bangladesh jerseys and held protest marches on the Dhaka University campus to vent their anger at the loss.

Shakib said it was his worst performance but has insisted his side's World Cup campaign was not over.

Bangladesh's score was worse than their previous low of 74 against Australia in Darwin in 2008 and was also the fourth lowest total in World Cup history. The World Cup co-hosts, with one win from three games in Group B, face England, South Africa and the Netherlands in their remaining group matches.(AFP)

WTF,

It was just a cricket match... Bangladesh lost - thats okk... now what??????????????

:flame:

WTF,

It was just a cricket match... Bangladesh lost - thats okk... now what??????????????

:flame:

now what?????????????????//

dont u know that???
apply it to urself,if this happens to pakistan
and i know,if this happens to india

dont u know that???

It happened couple of times previously that Pakistan lost badly and the fans were angry at them but nothing ridiculous like this happen . they had anger but they never came down to such level

And yes it happened to india couple of time and i remember indian people had same reaction like bangladeshi's infact they have kind of player puppets and were burning them ,also once sachin got out on duck against Pakistan and the indian spectators put stadium on fire

dont u know that???

well if it would have happened with Pakistan team

I would have probably forgotten by now.... temporary cursing might be ok - but after couple of overs... it would have become part of history

losing a match does not mean you lose your honor

Well, this loss (match that is) made their emotions burst into an over reaction. Come on people, don't go too far, or ICC would ban Bangladesh for future tournaments.

After this event Bangladesh's hosting is at stake now .if things get worsen ICC may shift the venues to either Sri-Lanka or India and might be after this Bangladesh never gets a chance to host any of the next World cup.

They had big opportunity to make an impact and convince ICC to host future World Cups also in Bangladesh but their public has made a mess of it now. i fear what will be the fate of bangladesh as a host of World Cup

Man they are taking the game to seriously god knows what may happen to dhoni and boys if they lose

Man they are taking the game to seriously god knows what may happen to dhoni and boys if they lose

The kind of expectations indian's are having form their team this team around forces me to think that if any such thing happens to india it will set many cities on fire :cheesy:

India is among the favourites to win the cup and have a ranking of no. 2 in ODI and no.1 in tests....what has Bangladesh achieved in cricket that people are going nuts?

40 test matches with 1 win?...or defeating a weak Kiwi team made them think they will win the world cup?

This is ridiculous, people do many thing in angry but isn't that too much expectation from Bangladesh? BD will improve but will take time, people must understand this.

well one way or the other they have to get the treatment hope ICC thinking on taking test status from bangalis they dont deserve to be in test matches believe me or not they are rubbish they have their 11 years of time in which they even not 1 percent get better so its time to take them as associate teams

Back
Top Bottom