What's new

Bangladeshi TV channels blocked in India

This is not unusual that bhartis are blocking unofficially the airing of Bangladeshi channel in WB in particular. The reason is quite simple n that is quality of Bangladeshi channels are much higher then the funny bengali channel of WB like tara bangla, etv bangla etc. If Bangladeshi channel are aired then all the Indian bengali channel will loose their market share and demand. If any one look at the program quality of WB`s bengali channel and Bangladesh`s channel they can say it closing their eyes. N obviously it will also increase the demand of many Bangladeshi products due to advertisement in those channel like the way advertisement in Indian channel lure people of Bangladesh to buy those products to some extent.

N those who are claiming that people of Bangladesh are watching only hindi channels they are living in the world of fools. Due to rise in the number of Channel`s in Bangladesh... competition among the channel`s has also increased. Now they are producing more realistic and real time programs and tele film, daily soap opera. Now people has hardly enough time from turning eyes from these channels to boring indian serials which is based on common story `Saas bahu ki larai` or with one good and evil side and with unrealistic story in some big villa which does not represent the real dirt poor life of majority of the Indian. Compared to the hindi channels condition of the WB`s bengali channel is much worse.

But apart from the serials the reality shows of Indian channels are still popular in Bangladesh. May be the reason is lack of such type show in Bangladesh. But Indian Idol is loosing its charm. Sare Ga ma pa become popular towards the end. Same also the case with musical show of Star Plus though forgot the name. CID of sony TV is still popular. Horrow show like Ahat which used to be aired in Sony before my departure to Canada was popular. Do not know about other Horror Show.

In my trip what I have seen is that majority of my cousins remain busy with facebook or with some english movies which is aired in HBO or AXN or they buy dvd or buy engligh and bengali books. MTV roadies is still popular among them. Most of the time they are listening bengali or english music. Hindi music hits all time low. From the car it has been kicked out which people used to listen in the form of cassette or cd. My mom watches islamic tv most of the time and news of different channels n only one indian soap though do not know the name which was 3-4 before my departure.

In the wedding still hindi songs are played by the DJ`s. But in recent time many people has raised objection about it. So this culture is also likely to be changed in the near future.

So, not airing Bangladeshi channel`s with excuses like it is saturation or product quality is low then other WB`s bengali channel is not only lame but also laughable. This is just a way to save the butt of backward and lower quality WB`s bengali channel

If any bhartis `think otherwise please let us see some high quality drama of WB`s bengali channel.

^We just don't care enough to write thousand words long essay! :lol:

Don't know about bangladeshi soaps but i tried to watch some bd movies and that was pretty horrific experience! Not trying to sound classy or anything but BD products/cinemas aren't actually taken as paragon of quality here! :/

Don't know about bangladeshi soaps but i tried to watch some bd movies and that was pretty horrific experience! Not trying to sound classy or anything but BD products/cinemas aren't actually taken as paragon of quality here! :/

We are talking about TV channels not cinema... remain to the point and provide some link of youtube about the so called high quality drama of tv channels of West Bengal. I will provide that of Bangladesh accordingly... Everything will be clear just like water.

N all these trolling and delusion of some bhartis that India is best and West bengal channel is also best will be cleared.

We are talking about TV channels not cinema... remain to the point and provide some link of youtube about the so called high quality drama of tv channels of West Bengal. I will provide that of Bangladesh accordingly... Everything will be clear just like water.

N all these trolling and delusion of some bhartis that India is best and West bengal channel is also best will be cleared.

Sami those dramas are meant for mid-aged women with no job. I don't watch them and do not know what quality they are of. :/

But since you keep on ranting let me post some videos which were shared with me by a friend of mine. (No she is not mid-aged woman with no job.)

But I doubt you'd like them as you're no 'Tagore loving munafiq, Islamic name mushrik'!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Abir,

Actually, what is middle aged is a matter of perception and the ability to correlate to popular beliefs.

To a toddler, whose IQ is developing, a 6 year old may appear to be middle aged.

As in many of the words spoken were in Bengali, which I could not understand. It frustrated me to no end because it was one of my favourite shows at that time

Ahh Ok, I watched one or two episodes but didn't like them as I already read all Byomkesh series. I never find movies/serials based on books attractive after reading the book, only exception seems to be Lord of the Rings.

Back
Top Bottom