What's new

Bangladeshi man arrested for plotting to blow up Federal Reserve Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what you guys are worried about. IMO, blame will get shifted to Pakistan. People will associate with taliban, al-qaeda and eventually , .........

You get the point.

Entrapment as a defence argument is difficult to prove especially , when up against the FBI who would have lawyers whetting their procedures. The common tactic is to allow for an "out" if the target wants to, he then has a choice. Only if he shows no wavering, does the FBI move forward on the basis that such a person will soon find someone more genuine to partner.

Any case is difficult when up against the resources of a wealthy opponent, let alone the US government. The defence might try to argue that the suspect showed no tendency to violence before he was approached by FBI agents, whether the idea for violence was first advocated by him or by the FBI agent, etc. However, as noted above, terrorism is a very special case and the rules are extremely tight for such cases.

this is why i feel sad for him. He is a dumbass! Terrorists who are real threat to USA wouldn't fall for this silly trap.... I wonder whats his mother doing now in Dhaka!

There is some truth to that someone smarter would not get caught like this, but all terrorists are dumb idiots in my opinion.

I do not feel much sympathy for the mother or his family, sorry to say it. I am more curious about his upbringing to find out what made him like this:

- his family upbringing
- mosque he went to (he does not sound like a mosque going guy, but I could be wrong, likes Eminem?)
- his English medium school, was it one of those Arabic leaning schools in Gulshan
- his academic records
- his basic intelligence, IQ etc.

I don't know why guys like Nafis ( followers of orthodox islam) fall for this bombing tendency. No matter what, this has to be maintained strictly Islamic military jurisprudence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed, you bring up a very good point. Somewhere somehow we are failing to give our young proper religious education and someone else is filling up the void, that is the real problem. Can you please elaborate more if terrorism or killing of innocent civilians is allowed according to Islam?

Indeed, you bring up a very good point. Somewhere somehow we are failing to give our young proper religious education and someone else is filling up the void, that is the real problem. Can you please elaborate more if terrorism or killing of innocent civilians is allowed according to Islam?

Killing of any innocent people regardless of their background is strictly prohibited in Islam...

[Quran 6:151] "...... You shall not kill - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand."

[Quran17:33] "You shall not kill any person - for GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. ....."
Quran 5:32] "......, we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. .............."

"Losers are those who killed their children foolishly, due to their lack of knowledge, and prohibited what God has provided for them, and followed innovations attributed to God. They have gone astray, they are not guided." (6:140)

"You shall not kill your children due to fear of poverty. We provide for them, as well as for you. Killing them is a gross offense"(17:31)

[6:151] "Say, "Come let me tell you what your Lord has really prohibited for you: You shall not set up idols besides Him. You shall honor your parents. You shall not kill your children from fear of poverty - we provide for you and for them. You shall not commit gross sins, obvious or hidden. You shall not kill any (Nafs) person - GOD has made life sacred - except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand."

[16:58] When one of them gets a baby girl, his face becomes darkened with overwhelming grief.

And some hadiths are:-

The Prophet Prohibited the Killing of Women and Children
There are so many hadiths where the Prophet condemned the killing of innocent women and children during time of war that it is impossible to deny them!!

Volume 004, Book 052, Hadith Number 258.

Narrated By Ibn 'Umar : During some of the Ghazawat of Allah's Apostle a woman was found killed, so Allah's Apostle forbade the killing of women and children.

Saheeh Muslim
Book 019, Hadith Number 4319.

Chapter : Prohibition of killing women and children in war.
It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah that a woman was found killed in one of the battles fought by the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He disapproved of the killing of women and children.

Book 019, Hadith Number 4320.

Chapter : Prohibition of killing women and children in war.
It is narrated by Ibn 'Umar that a woman was found killed in one of these battles; so the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) forbade the killing of women and children!!

- his family upbringing
- mosque he went to (he does not sound like a mosque going guy, but I could be wrong, likes Eminem?)
- his English medium school, was it one of those Arabic leaning schools in Gulshan
- his academic records
- his basic intelligence, IQ etc.

BIT is nothing close to Islamic
and he indeed doesn't sound like mosque going guy
in such little time he was in America, everyone will wonder, what happened?to how much is this story truth?Lets see, if i went to any foreign country and get framed for such charges, there is certainly nothing i could have done.So unless the proofs of his crimes are shown, i don't think he deserves arrest, let alone prison sentence

Another misguided youth...

Another young life spoiled.... don`t know how they convinced him to kill lots of innocents ..

in such little time he was in America, everyone will wonder, what happened?to how much is this story truth?Lets see, if i went to any foreign country and get framed for such charges, there is certainly nothing i could have done.So unless the proofs of his crimes are shown, i don't think he deserves arrest, let alone prison sentence

Even though still I am not 100% sure he is from BIT but 1 thing that seems to me that after going to USA he was passing too much time on facebook and online. Something wrong happened there. Believe me most of the people when they go abroad initially internet become their only friend. As it is said he went to some facebook page their he might have been brain washed and said what he was planning to do.

New York suspect was no radical: Bangladeshi family

DHAKA — The family of a Bangladeshi man accused of trying to blow up the New York Federal Reserve spoke of their distress Thursday, describing him as a devout Muslim and denying he had shown radical tendencies.

Speaking from the family's home in Dhaka, a relative of Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis said they had spoken to him only hours before his arrest on Wednesday and even discussed a possible bride for him.

"We heard the news this morning. Everyone is crying here," the 21-year-old's brother-in-law, who would only give his first name Arik, told AFP.

"Nafis never showed any form of radicalisation when he was in Bangladesh. He said prayers five times a day and used to read the holy Koran every day."

The relative said that Nafis had moved to the United States last year with one of his uncles and had originally gone to study at a university in Missouri but he later moved to New York.

Nafis was arrested in Manhattan next to the Federal Reserve building after he tried to detonate what he thought was a live bomb, but was actually a dummy provided in a sting operation, according to US federal prosecutors.

He traveled to the US "for the purpose of conducting a terrorist attack on US soil", prosecutors said. He allegedly wrote a statement claiming responsibility for his planned attack in which he said he wanted to "destroy America", and referred to slain Al-Qaeda founder Osama bin Laden as "beloved".

The family, who live in the middle-class North Jatrabari neighbourhood of Dhaka, remained in regular touch with Nafis during his time in the United States, the relative added.

"We even talked to him last night and told him that we're looking for a bride for him. He did not mind," he said.

Before moving abroad, Nafis had been studying electrical engineering at the Dhaka-based North South University, according to a spokesman at the university.

AFP: New York suspect was no radical: Bangladeshi family

He will be tried in a court of law and sentenced according to the law, if found guilty. The moment he stepped into the US, he is subject to US law of the land, just as you are subject to law of Kuwait, if you are living in Kuwait. Violate the law, pay the price, according to the system in place. It matters little what third party thinks about it. It only matters what the judge and jury thinks about him now, based on the evidences presented in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom