What's new

Bangladeshi hacked to death by BSF men on Lalmonirhat border

No, They are Bangladeshi. Don't mislead with your crap thoughts. Indian Muslims are Indians only. If we wanted to cleansing Muslims, we would have done 50-60 years back same like Bangladesh and Pakistan did. Hindu Population declined 22% to 1.5% in Pakistan and 23% to 7% in Bangladesh. In India, Muslim Population increased from 9% to 14% (including 2% Bangladeshi) .

Please get your facts straight!

Most of the decline of the Hindu population in Bangladesh happened during the Pakistan-era.

At the time of Bangladeshi independence in 1971, the Hindu population was around 13%. This declined to a low of around 10% by 2000 due to the fact that the Bangladesh economy was much behind that of India during the first few decades after independence. Hindus found it easy to migrate and assimiltate in primarily Hindu India.

Since 2000, the percentage of Hindus in Bangladesh has stayed constant at the 10% mark due to the fact that BD now has a much stonger economy. The percentage of Hindus in BD has now stabilised around the 10% mark and there is little likelihood that this will change.

BD is by far the most tolerant country in South Asia to minorities.

Please get your facts straight!

Most of the decline of the Hindu population in Bangladesh happened during the Pakistan-era.

At the time of Bangladeshi independence in 1971, the Hindu population was around 13%. This declined to a low of around 10% by 2000 due to the fact that the Bangladesh economy was much behind that of India during the first few decades after independence. Hindus found it easy to migrate and assimiltate in primarily Hindu India.

Since 2000, the percentage of Hindus in Bangladseh has stayed constant at the 10% mark due to the fact that BD now has a much stonger economy. The percentage of Hindus in BD has now stabilised around the 10% mark and there is little likelihood that this will change.

BD is by far the most tolerant country in South Asia to minorities.

Please get your facts rights.

The decline was not because of economics at all.

No one leaves his homeland where he has property and funds to start in a new country penniless and without shelter. Religion to Hindus is not that powerful a beacon as it is to the Muslim.

If you ever get an opportunity see Ritwick Ghatak's 'Subornorekha'. You will get the picture.

It was due to discrimination to a great extent as is so obvious in the various threads.

But, yes, compared to many other Islamic counties, Bangladesh is tolerant.

Please get your facts rights.

The decline was not because of economics at all.

No one leaves his homeland where he has property and funds to start in a new country penniless and without shelter. Religion to Hindus is not that powerful a beacon as it is to the Muslim.

If you ever get an opportunity see Ritwick Ghatak's 'Subornorekha'. You will get the picture.

It was due to discrimination to a great extent as is so obvious in the various threads.

But, yes, compared to many other Islamic counties, Bangladesh is tolerant.

Ever heard of selling property and taking your funds with you? Since the end of the war in 1971 when BD gained independence, Hindus have not had to leave BD under duress.

Another point is that in the 1970s & 1980s especially Muslims had larger families than Hindus which would have also contributed to the relative decline of the Hindu population in BD as well. Since the start of this century both Muslims and Hindus now have approximately equal number of children.

Muslims and Hindus can look forward to a relatively peaceful and increasingly prosperous future in BD.

Ever heard of selling property and taking your funds with you? Since the end of the war in 1971 when BD gained independence, Hindus have not had to leave BD under duress.

Another point is that in the 1970s & 1980s especially Muslims had larger families than Hindus which would have also contributed to the relative decline of the Hindu population in BD as well. Since the start of this century both Muslims and Hindus now have approximately equal number of children.

Muslims and Hindus can look forward to a relatively peaceful and increasingly prosperous future in BD.

he knows bangladesh better than bangladeshis. I have lots of hindu friends from various class of the society and never heard any discrimination against them. They never told any. I have seen many hindu families migrating to india.. For example one of my teacher was a hindu and used to earn huge as he was a renowned one.. But he used to live miserably. It always surprised me. Later i came to know he built a banglo in kolkata, his son married an indian girl and the whole family went to india... I have never seen anyone who left Bangladesh for avoiding discrimination. All my hindu friends have relatives in india and many of them wants to settle there..

he knows bangladesh better than bangladeshis. I have lots of hindu friends from various class of the society and never heard any discrimination against them. They never told any. I have seen many hindu families migrating to india.. For example one of my teacher was a hindu and used to earn huge as he was a renowned one.. But he used to live miserably. It always surprised me. Later i came to know he built a banglo in kolkata, his son married an indian girl and the whole family went to india... I have never seen anyone who left Bangladesh for avoiding discrimination. All my hindu friends have relatives in india and many of them wants to settle there..

The guy is obsessed with trying to portray BD as a bigotted country when the facts say otherwise.

No point debating as he has an agenda obviously.

The guy is obsessed with trying to portray BD as a bigotted country when the facts say otherwise.

No point debating as he has an agenda obviously.

Please give us the facts.

You are proving to be incapable of doing so.

Mere hot air and dreams does not mean one is contributing sagaciously!

Now, if he a person earning will in BD (and I am surprised that a teacher is earning well) built a huge bungalow in Calcutta and shifted, he must be crazy to lose his home and hearth to go to a place where he has to start anew from scratch, if there were no good reasons to do so!

Hardly any explanation worth the candle!

Please give us the facts.

You are proving to be incapable of doing so.

Mere hot air and dreams does not mean one is contributing sagaciously!

In Bangladesh sub forum hearsay = fact. I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Heard of that.

But one cannot move huge sums of money to foreign lands without government sanction.

Further, why move to a foreign country if life is a bed of roses in the land where you are born?

What has the Muslim having huge families got to do with the decline of Hindu families in Bangladesh?

A teacher buying Banglow in Calcutta, wow, do Bangladeshish pay their teacher in dollar? :|

awesome dearth to cow smugglers way to go..there must be a rule u want beef from my country then consume pork here and take the cow away??wat say??

Heard of that.

But one cannot move huge sums of money to foreign lands without government sanction.

Further, why move to a foreign country if life is a bed of roses in the land where you are born?

What has the Muslim having huge families got to do with the decline of Hindu families in Bangladesh?

Wasting my breath but here goes.

Between 1971 and 2000, the percentage of Hindus in Bangladesh fell from 13% to 10% of the total population. Apart from economic reasons, one of the other main reasons was that the Muslims were having more kids than the Hindus.

Population of Hindus in 1971 was 13% of 70 million which is 9 million.
Population of Hindus in 2000 was 10% of 130 million which is 13 million.

So, in absolute terms the number of Hindus rose but in relative percentage terms it fell.

A teacher buying Banglow in Calcutta, wow, do Bangladeshish pay their teacher in dollar? :|

Now, if he a person earning will in BD (and I am surprised that a teacher is earning well) built a huge bungalow in Calcutta and shifted, he must be crazy to lose his home and hearth to go to a place where he has to start anew from scratch, if there were no good reasons to do so!

Hardly any explanation worth the candle!

last time i checked he had a coaching center in his house...... 10 batches of students. each batch having 40+ students..... each students giving 1000 tk per month. that is 50 lakh taka a year! he was 70 and had been teaching for 40 years... so abir dont you think it is possible to build a banglo for him living misreably in Bangladesh in house made of Tins. and tiki he left cause he no more teaches for being old and weak...

last time i checked he had a coaching center in his house...... 10 batches of students. each batch having 40+ students..... each students giving 1000 tk per month. that is 50 lakh taka a year! he was 70 and had been teaching for 40 years... so abir dont you think it is possible to build a banglo for him living misreably in Bangladesh in house made of Tins. and tiki he left cause he no more teaches for being old and weak...

OK so if you are old and weak, you are about in the pink of health to re-start your life in alien surroundings.

Surprising that there are people in India who do not want to leave their city to go to another state on promotion and forego their promotion.

You Bangaldeshi seem to have the health of a buffalo and the will of mule (persevering creatures).

Now, as far as the teacher goes, he has made 50 lakhs and he stayed in a tin house, ate no food, did not give education to his children and stillhad RS 50 lakhs and yet he bought a palatial bungalow in Calcutta. My good man for 50 lakhs (taking it that he did not spend a pice), you will get a cubby hole of a flat in some nondescript locality and that too if you are lucky.

And he taught 40+. Was he running a circus? What attention can you give to 40 students who are to be coached? Note: the operative word is 'coach' i.e. personal attention because they are paying good money!

And by the way what would 50 lakh Taka be in Indian currency?

Go spin your yarns elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom