What's new

Bangladesh will not tour pakistan Bangla Court

PCB won't lose out on anything. Come on , it's just Bangladesh. I doubt people would have even bought tickets to watch the matches. The best option for PCB is to host matches on overseas grounds and earn money from there until the security situation gets better.

Please do not spead misinformation about Mumbai and Delhi. Only one terrorist incident happened in Mumbai last two years and one in Delhi, both involving left behind bombs. Whereas more attacks (including against Ahmedi mosques) have taken place in Lahore alone, including gun and suiside attacks. Besides Shahbaz Taseer is yet to be found.

The Ahmedi gun attacks took place in May 2010. From May 2010 to April 2012 (last 2 years), Lahore has been more peaceful than the two cities. Secondly, it is Shahbaz Bhatti & Salman Taseer, not Shahbaz Taseer. Both of them were in Islamabad. 2011 Lahore had less casualties from terrorism than Delhi & Mumbai.

I agree indo-aryan language speaking parts of pakistan have seen relative calm and happy about it, but don't bring India into this. The real worry is not the attacks against soft targets, but against hard targets like salman taseer, naval base, shahbaz bhatti etc - that invariably have insider help - that makes depending on your system difficult.

The Mehran Naval base is in Karachi, Salman Tasser & Shahbaz Bhatti deaths took place in Islamabad; aren't we going all over the place? I thought we were talking about Lahore here?

If the security situation of Lahore is bad, then it is even worse for Delhi & Mumbai, which has seen more casualties from terrorism in the last 2 years than Lahore has. Secondly, what was the point of the Bangladeshi team visiting Pakistan to assess the security situation, and then giving the go-ahead, clearing the security situation, saying it was ok?

Sadly for you, none of the cricketing teams seem to buy that claptrap from disgruntled Pakistanis.

Today's IPL match in Delhi was awesome :)

Im sure Bangladesh will tour Pakistan, when conditions and safety improves in Pakistan.

Tell me, why did Bangladesh Cricket Board send a team to rigorously assess the security situation in Lahore, & were satisfied with the security arrangements in place? The issue is not security, but a political one. Just like the security of Iran is better than India's, but they do not hold international tournaments because of world opinion & politics. This is the price Pakistan has to pay being the frontline on the global WOT. It's not a big deal. If the situation was actually security, then India would never have been allowed to host any events in Mumbai (a huge bomb blast took place last year, as well as other incidents of terrorism in Mumbai alone), given the magnitude of the attacks & the casualties from it.

Tell me, why did Bangladesh Cricket Board send a team to rigorously assess the security situation in Lahore, & were satisfied with the security arrangements in place? The issue is not security, but a political one. Just like the security of Iran is better than India's, but they do not hold international tournaments because of world opinions & politics. This is the price Pakistan has to pay being the frontline on the WOT. If the situation was actually security, then India would never have been allowed to host any events in Mumbai (a huge bomb blast took place last year as well), given the magnitude of the attacks & the casualties from it.

The court has the final decision, it weighs options for all sides before coming to a conclusion.

Don't even try to talk about India safety, when you can see world class players all over the world (Kevin Peiterson, Pollard, Steyn, McCullum, Morkel, Kallis, Sangakarra etc etc) are enjoying their stay in India, and overall India too.

This shows the confidence they have in Indian security.

The Ahmedi gun attacks took place in May 2010. From May 2010 to April 2012 (last 2 years), Lahore has been more peaceful than the two cities. Secondly, it is Shahbaz Bhatti & Salman Taseer, not Shahbaz Taseer. Both of them were in Islamabad. 2011 Lahore had less casualties from terrorism than Delhi & Mumbai.

The Mehran Naval base is in Karachi, Salman Tasser & Shahbaz Bhatti deaths took place in Islamabad; aren't we going all over the place? I thought we were talking about Lahore here?

Oh so your adjusted the definition of two years to 22 months, ok then :)

BTW Shahbaz Taseer is salman taseer's son who was abducted in lahore in august last year and has not been found yet.

Lastly, those three attacks i mentioned, i did not claim they were in lahore, i said they showed internal weaknesses in your system, with internal people choosing terrorism over pakistan. if one can't trust ones security apparatus, then one can hardly provide comfort to people visiting them.

As such there is no comparison with terrorism in india as its largely against soft targets, in case of pakistan lately its also been army hq, naval base, isi offices, jails, former prime minister, governor, federal minister, ex general, osama etc etc etc... hard targets.

HUGE difference. see from a third party view and you will know.

Oh so your adjusted the definition of two years to 22 months, ok then :)

BTW Shahbaz Taseer is salman taseer's son who was abducted in lahore in august last year and has not been found yet.

Lastly, those three attacks i mentioned, i did not claim they were in lahore, i said they showed internal weaknesses in your system, with internal people choosing terrorism over pakistan. if one can't trust ones security apparatus, then one can hardly provide comfort to people visiting them.

As such there is no comparison with terrorism in india as its largely against soft targets, in case of pakistan lately its also been army hq, naval base, isi offices, jails, former prime minister, governor, federal minister, ex general, osama etc etc etc... hard targets.

HUGE difference. see from a third party view and you will know.

Kevin Pietersen of England played an excellent knock in Delhi today. I really enjoyed his sixes. :)

The court has the final decision, it weighs options for all sides before coming to a conclusion.

Don't even try to talk about India safety, when you can see world class players all over the world (Kevin Peiterson, Pollard, Steyn, McCullum, Morke, Kallis, Sangakarra etc etc) are enjoying their stay in India, and overall India too.

Again, the issue is more political than security. Nations safer than India have not been able to hold international tournaments due to various reasons (Iran because it goes against the West, Zimbabwe because of dictatorship under Mugabe, as well as many other examples). It's not a big deal. In the spirit of not derailing the thread, but bomb/grenade blasts are taking place everyday in various parts of India.

Two bombs exploded (& a third one was defused) at India's cricket stadium in Bangalore in April 2010, injuring 14 people. It was hosting an IPL game in which Jacques Kallis, Dale Steyn, Kieron Pollard etc & many other international players were involved.

IPL promises 'watertight' security after bomb injures 14 in Bangalore | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Unlike India, there has never been any bomb blast at a sporting event in Pakistan. Hence, it is politics, not security that is the issue.

Why is this a legal matter? The BCB sent its team to assess the security arrangements, & after rigorous exercises on their part, found them adequate.

Again, the issue is more political than security. Nations safer than India have not been able to hold international tournaments due to various reasons (Iran because it goes against the West, Zimbabwe because of dictatorship under Mugabe, as well as many other examples). It's not a big deal. In the spirit of not derailing the thread, but bomb/grenade blasts are taking place everyday in various parts of India.

Two bombs exploded (& a third one was defused) at India's cricket stadium in Bangalore in April 2010, injuring more than 14 people. It was hosting an IPL game in which Jacques Kallis, Dale Steyn, Kieron Pollard etc & many other international players were involved.

IPL promises 'watertight' security after bomb injures 14 in Bangalore | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Unlike India, there has never been any bomb blast at a sporting event in Pakistan. Hence, it is politics, not security that is the issue.

Same in India, there have never been a bomb blast in a Indian arena as well. Glad to see, we seeing eye to eye for once.

The article states:
two bomb blasts near a Bangalore cricket stadium

Back
Top Bottom