What's new

Bangladesh will be the nuclear country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why the ++++ we need nukes while we r invading india everyday :laugh:

It is natural that in the process of time, there would be free movement of people between India and Bangladesh. That is given. Though I would have preferred that to be made legal from now on wards, so that people's movement can be tracked

Please don't stop... This is far too entertaining.... :D

Yeh loon, this is what you are building right now!!! Now you wanna achieve parity with India and make ICBMs.

Now tell me truthfully, how much of this sh!t have you been drinking lately??? :D
phensedyl_bottles_20050725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all as I have stated two times already I am not in favour of nuclear bombs for Bangladesh.

1. The comment about ICBMs was in passing and was in reference to Turkey and not Bangladesh, which is aiming to produce them.

Turks often opine whether Pakistan would transfer Babur missiles for use if Turkey was ever in danger.

2. I can state the various reasons why I am not in favour of us acquiring nuclear weaponry but suffice to say that it is not that difficult as some seem to think.

Pakistani nationalists like to use their supposed status as an exclusive Muslim nuclear power to brag and boast, however the reality is countries such as Turkey and Iran are far stronger. Turkey can invade parts of Iraq (as it does regularly) and the 20+ Arab states will say nothing to their former Ottoman masters, and Iran shoots down US drones, whilst the US uses drones to bomb Pakistan every week.

Acquiring nukes is no big thing and if Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Indonesia, Bangladesh etc all wanted to they could do it easily.

Note Turkey is aiming to build its own indigenous 4th gen fighter and ICBMs.

3. The delivery system for nukes is of course an issue.

However the fact that Bangladesh has them changes everything.

4. Burma is now apparently abandoning its attempt to acquire nukes.

If Burma however were to get them, I think it is almost certain that Bangladesh will go for nukes.

At the very least there will be an emergency meeting of all senior military commanders and national security personnel and a decision will be made whether Bangladesh should acquire nuclear weapons, as Burma is run by highly irrational, violent and racist junta thugs. India at least is a democracy with civil society, free press, highlighting of political corruption and Indians are somewhat normal people. The Burmese however are not.

Read this article from 12 days ago:

“Burma has imported missiles from their Asian neighbors, but that’s different than actually operating a nuclear weapons program,” Steinberg said. “A lot of people have supplied arms to Burma – North Korea, Ukraine, Israel, China.”

To understand Burma’s real position on the nuclear program and its claim of making major political reforms, Watson says the whole picture needs to come into view.

“For the overall picture, think about it: a nuke program; attacking peaceful demonstrators including monks with fire bombs; ethnic cleansing of a minority; a civil war against another minority – is this reform?” Watson asked. “No.”

WND reported in June 2010 that Burma was apparently purchasing nuclear weapon components.

The military regime in Burma, marginally in control of a Buddhist-dominated nation that has been torn by clan and tribal strife for decades, apparently is trying to strengthen its position by attempting to buy weapons-grade uranium and nuclear technology from Asian and European nations.

Vision Without Borders President Patrick Klein said Burma’s major technology source is the closed regime in North Korea.

“North Korea is helping them develop nuclear weapons,” Klein reported.

Karen National Union Vice Chairman David Tharckabaw said the program is farther along than just getting uranium from other countries.

“We had a report from the inside that they’re mining uranium to use in a nuclear reactor. They have a secret arrangement for building a nuclear reactor,” Tharckabaw explained.

“They’re sending out state callers to Russia, to Japan and to China to acquire expertise to nuclear weapons,” Tharckabaw added. “Germany has also been one of Burma’s contacts for technology.”

Read more at Burma accused of pursuing nuclear weapons

US Senator Calls On Burma's Thein Sein To

1 December, 15 days ago.

No progress without engagement on Burma’s nuclear front | Democratic Voice of Burma

13th December 3 days ago (technically 2 from here in London but it will be the 16th in over an hour).

Bangladesh is far more developed and advanced than Burma and if the world community is concerned about this country developing nukes, a regime which carries out ethnic cleansing, says 0.8 million Muslims should be kicked out of the country, and bans Muslim Rohingyas from marriage without permission, then it means they have the ability and resources to acquire them in the future.

If Burma gets nukes it is almost certain that Bangladesh will decide to get them.

Never underestimate the people of Bengal, be it Bengalis or Bangladeshis. Historically speaking, some of the greatest minds of the region has come off from this side which incudes Amarta Sen, Bose, Tagore, etc. Offcourse, at the moment, we are still growing and taking care of the needy, but for a country which depended on 95% foreign aid less than 15 years ago to become were we are now (I think less than 5%) is remarkable in any standard and while some indians can enjoy their arrogance and temporary look down on Bangladesh, it does not mean it will remain so in the future. Before you point your finger at our poor and laugh, just remember what you were not too long ago.
Secondly, going nuclear now is not of Bangladesh's interest, but given the uncertain future in the region and India's arrogant, inhumane policies when dealing with Bangladeshis, we need to keep the option of developing one as fast as possible if it is ever needed.
Every nuclear war related issue comes from few incidences which took place in matter of small years, call it Kashmir issue or even the Israel palestine issue.

Please don't stop... This is far too entertaining.... :D

Yeh loon, this is what you are building right now!!! Now you wanna achieve parity with India and make ICBMs.

Now tell me truthfully, how much of this sh!t have you been drinking lately??? :D
phensedyl_bottles_20050725.jpg

well Bangladeshi drones Are for Anti-Air target practising..... What do you want to say????

Last edited by a moderator:
well Bangladeshi drones Are for Anti-Air target practising..... What do you want to say????

For one RC planes are not used for aircraft target practices. Neither do they provide a suitable target nor can they fly at heights and speed required for air practice. What I am saying is, that BD is technically too inferior right now to attempt a nuke bomb + delivery system tech endeavor, never mind too poor to even afford it

What are people going on about..... This retarded badly written article that started this thread.... Where is it from?
BD going nuclear is so silly.... whilst we have the right to develop it I simply do not see the how a cost benefit analysis would justify it..... Until there is a clear and present existential danger BD would not consider going nuclear.

women should stop writing about nuclear weapons and stick to cooking, cleaning and satisfying their men unquestionably at night. Peace y'all!

It is natural that in the process of time, there would be free movement of people between India and Bangladesh. That is given. Though I would have preferred that to be made legal from now on wards, so that people's movement can be tracked
I think this can be done following USA and Canada's example.....both sides should work on closing the borders but they will have transit points frequently.....everyone has to have a form of I.D if not a passport and they will have to submit it to the border authorities when they cross....Bangladeshis will submit to BSF and Indians will submit to BGB!!

well best of luck...am with bangali nation over to them what decision they choose i will appreciate....
well overall i will love to see Bangladesh being strong....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom