What's new

Bangladesh welcomes Indian investment in Chittagong: Foreign minister

Such bullies. why dont you pick on some one ur own size? like China.. I'm sorry but this deals has no benefits for bangladesh. Why give them to foreigners when we our selves don't get to use it properly.

What's up with Bangladeshis calling Indians as Bharti? Pakistani have an excuse of Urdu being their tongue, since when Bangladeshis started speaking Urdu?

His master's voice, eh?
Abir, we are called Bharatiyas or Bharatis, if you didn't know. It is an official demonym. :)

Such bullies. why dont you pick on some one ur own size? like China.. I'm sorry but this deals has no benefits for bangladesh. Why give them to foreigners when we our selves don't get to use it properly.

Didn't you see what happened to them when they messed with someone their own size in the Sino-Indian war?

Don't self-victimize yourself needlessly. Investments of business nature are done in such a way that there is benefit both ways. You need to rein in your paranoia of us. Deals between our countries are for mutual good.

This thread is not about war; it is about trade and investment which is good. At least don't criticize that which is not negative.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Didn't you see what happened to them when they messed with someone their own size in the Sino-Indian war?
What has 1962 war got to do with this thread? Don't digress needlessly please. You are derailing it.

Hi the "Listen" guy,

You cannot accuse India for benefiting from a project running in Bangladesh, because it is a mutual contract and your govt should also intervene and decide for its people and country.

As you stated many other nations are interested in investing in chittagong, which is a good thing, if you consider India is not feasible enough decision then it is your govt's mistake. Allow arab or USA why does your foreign minister welcomes India to invest in chittagong?

Don't tell me we are bribing them, USA is much more capable and experienced if it is about winning contracts.

About benefiting from the investments, India cannot benefit if people are not benefited from it, as it will be very short lived, which we would not want to risk..

Thanks

Don't self-victimize yourself needlessly. Investments of business nature are done in such a way that there is benefit both ways. You need to rein in your paranoia of us. Deals between our countries are for mutual good.

This thread is not about war; it is about trade and investment which is good. At least don't criticize that which is not negative.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

What has 1962 war got to do with this thread? Don't digress needlessly please. You are derailing it.

Have you ever heard off the blow back effect? Look, majority of the people regardless of awami league or bnp is pretty much opposed to Indian agendas. If you really think, there won't be any consequence for making such irrational deals, when the majority of the people are against them, you must think again. You must realize this deals are maybe and only maybe beneficiary when awami league is in power. The govt has to think of the future instead of just for now. What happens when BNP comes in power and the policies for bharatis become more strict?

Listen... we have no problem if bhartis invest in bangladesh in any sector... but the indian involvement should be benefacial for bangladesh, not just a 1 sided deal just like the present transit one.

listen... get back to bangladesh... and stand for election... or maybe atleast work to develop a consensus among your people for the next ruling party... or atleast stay where u r and educate the masses in bangladesh... that is the only way u will be able to contribute to any decisions made in ur country... it is all negotiations.. . and it is always a win-win situation... sometimes the deals might not be revealed... and sometimes... ppl might not be able to understand.. the benefits..

listen... get back to bangladesh... and stand for election... or maybe atleast work to develop a consensus among your people for the next ruling party... or atleast stay where u r and educate the masses in bangladesh... that is the only way u will be able to contribute to any decisions made in ur country... it is all negotiations.. . and it is always a win-win situation... sometimes the deals might not be revealed... and sometimes... ppl might not be able to understand.. the benefits..

We were doing fine, till awami came to power and deluded the mass with false propoganda

Have you ever heard off the blow back effect? Look, majority of the people regardless of awami league or bnp is pretty much opposed to Indian agendas. If you really think, there won't be any consequence for making such irrational deals, when the majority of the people are against them, you must think again. You must realize this deals are maybe and only maybe beneficiary when awami league is in power. The govt has to think of the future instead of just for now. What happens when BNP comes in power and the policies for bharatis become more strict?

How exactly does a deal with India on the port differ with say one that might go to China or UAE?

If the port IS developed as a result. Whats your problem? Seems you dont want your country to develop neither would you want friendly relations with your neighbours. As far as water sharing goes, are you going to protest to China if they build the dams on Brahmaputra or would you just accuse India or building barrages or diverting waters.

Get off your high horse about India, Im not sure what your grouses are but Im not sure you can prove lot of what you might say aside from providing subjective assessments and conjecture instead of proofs.In other words, for some reason you are biased and hence your hatred.

Abir, we are called Bharatiyas or Bharatis, if you didn't know. It is an official demonym. :)

I'd expect Bangladeshis to call us Indian/Bharatiya or Bharotiyo as in Bengali.

Whatever reasons Pakistanis have as an excuse to call us Bharti, that is being used in this forum as a derogatory term.

How exactly does a deal with India on the port differ with say one that might go to China or UAE?

If the port IS developed as a result. Whats your problem? Seems you dont want your country to develop neither would you want friendly relations with your neighbours. As far as water sharing goes, are you going to protest to China if they build the dams on Brahmaputra or would you just accuse India or building barrages or diverting waters.

Get off your high horse about India, Im not sure what your grouses are but Im not sure you can prove lot of what you might say aside from providing subjective assessments and conjecture instead of proofs.In other words, for some reason you are biased and hence your hatred.

Give me FACTS, instead of your opinions. China never built anything in brahamaputra and if they did we would most certainly protest it. Anything which goes against my country, be it America, India, you are damn right we are going to protest. and subjective assessments? Name one factual assessment Awami is using to gain peoples support. you are right. there isn't any. and its not a hate I have against India. Its called love for my country. and if you have any doubts of any of my facts being correctly sourced, please dont hesitate to ask. And instead of attacking (being the bully you are) please come down with facts like you have suggested.

I'd expect Bangladeshis to call us Indian/Bharatiya or Bharotiyo as in Bengali.

Whatever reasons Pakistanis have as an excuse to call us Bharti, that is being used in this forum as a derogatory term.

Friend, Why should we give credence to their views and think that it is offensive.

Only if we say "Its offensive" then they will salivate,give some BS explanations and look forward to the next occasion where they can punch the word "Bharati".

Just spend a 'smile' at their ignorance and move on !

Why are Bangladeshi's complaining about this project. They are getting investment that could have been utilized in India.

About the trade surplus. No one is forcing bangladesh to buy Indian products. You buy them because the pricing and quality is very competitive. You should strive to make your manufacturing base more competitive by heavily investing in infrastructure (which I am pretty sure your government has considered). India is doing the same and I helping our manufacturing sector. Another 10-15 years hopefully we would have infrastructure comparable to that of China's.

What is holding Bangladesh behind? Its lack of resources (raw material and semi finished goods). India has plenty of resources that can help Bangladesh improve its manufacturing skills. The FTA will open up these resources for your industries. Plus it opens a market for a billion people.

Back
Top Bottom