What's new

Bangladesh wants to have S Asia's largest airport

Well it is a bit ambitious, but then again building Padma Bridge with own fund was ambitious and the subject of laughter for some too.

Well it is a bit ambitious, but then again building Padma Bridge with own fund was ambitious and the subject of laughter for some too.
Padma Bridge by our own fund is not all that rosy. This has created shortage of fund for many other necessary projects out of Dhaka. So, I do not think, BD will undertake such a gigantic project as an international airport with its own money.

kind of makes sesne. BD has one of the largest concentrations of population around its Capital and most of its citizenry need to fly to get to any country other than India (well Myanmar too - but how many from BD go there?). It would make better sense to have one big airport instead of 2-3 medium sized airports for all intl. travel. heck - could even be a hub for all India's NE and Myanmar region.

Padma Bridge by our own fund is not all that rosy. This has created shortage of fund for many other necessary projects out of Dhaka. So, I do not think, BD will undertake such a gigantic project as an international airport with its own money.

I would not be too sure about that.

If Awami League cannot get donors and they are determined then I can see them doing it themselves.

Remember BD government revenue is rising both due to increase in GDP, and taxes as share of GDP are also forecast to rise.

Make sure you don't direct labor population flights to those airports and put in proper maintenance of washroom at current airport.

Have seen a labor guy cough out saliva and mucous and spit it on the boarding room, I was furious complained about it and had a fight after which all those idiots were made to enter the aircraft from the end of the fuselage.

this utter garbage brought you by awami fanboy philia and cheerled by entire awami propaganda team. Building biggest airport in river bank or island where entrie are goes under water almost every year is nothing but another awami legue looting scheme. Its time to confiscate property of every awami leaders and cheerleaders before they do further looting.

Any updates on the tall skyscraper project thing that looked like its out of aladdin disney?

It will remain as aladdin disney because it was a simple land grabbing scheme in name of tallest tower. With soil condition and depth of bedrock, building anything beyond 50 story are extremely prohibitive (in cost) in Dhaka and in most of Bangladesh. No business in their right mind will take such venture when 2-3 time cost (compare to building the same elsewhere in the world) when return is not that much. Only awami idiot echo will say otherwise.

Well I did not say this project should be done with our own money too...... Just saying this administration has the spine to do something like this

I would not be too sure about that.

If Awami League cannot get donors and they are determined then I can see them doing it themselves.

Remember BD government revenue is rising both due to increase in GDP, and taxes as share of GDP are also forecast to rise.
I just wish AL govt does not follow what you say here on investing own money on face lifting projects like a multi-billion dollar new airport. In reality, BD state coffer collects little money from the internal sources. It is because BD wealth base is very weak and it collects little as taxes from the people that can be used on national development. Most are outside money that are used every year to build a road here or a bridge there. Our GDP is quite small to spend on extravagant works.

Last edited:
aka. Padma bridge is connected with expressway. Thats what they want to showcase the world. Not a bad idea i suppose. Will attract a whole bunch of capital in other sectors.
Any updates on the tall skyscraper project thing that looked like its out of aladdin disney?
Tower is in tender process now.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom