What's new

Bangladesh vs England

Is Bangladesh in QF now ??
Or they will have to win against SA ?

Bangladesh will have to win over netharlands and WI needs to beat England then BD will be directly through to the quarter finals... if SA would have won the match then BD for sure today would be almost 100% certain for qualifying to the quarter finals... else it will be a complicated equation. I hope WI will take the match seriously as it will decide with which team they will play in the quarter final if they qualify for that round...

Even though it is off topic I urge the Indian to go to the video and read the comment which other ordinary young bangladeshis are posting... n see for yourself what ordinary bangladeshi think of India and sidhu... n will ask all of you to come out from the ignorance that all the bd members are jamatis in this forum and are Anti Indian.

We earned it, wasn't a chance: Shakib

We earned it, wasn't a chance: Shakib | Cricket | cricket.bdnews24.com

Sat, Mar 12th, 2011 12:53 am BdST

2011-03-12-00-53-33-Sakib_Press.jpg

Chittagong, Mar 11 (bdnews24.com) — Skipper Shakib Al Hasan says the victory over England was not a gift of luck, but a reward for playing well.

Shakib, at the post-match press meet on Friday night, however, admitted he could not believe for a few moments that they had actually won.

"It's a very special win… In the beginning, when England set us a target of 226, I thought we might win," he added.

Bangladesh pulled off a breath-taking two-wicket win at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong with an over to spare and keep their quarterfinal chances alive.

The incredible win under intense pressure came, with over 50 runs needed, and by that time, half the crowd had already left the stadium.

Shakib said he had confidence on his team mates. "All of them, not some, really play well and we can come out of any situation."

The number one all-rounder in one-day internationals said, "We've to address the mistakes that we make," hinting at the run-outs, and said these could cost the match.

Meanwhile, England captain Andrew Strauss has blamed the poor score for the loss.

"It's a tough wicket to bat first on," he said, adding that it was slow.

But the skipper was hopeful about their future in the World Cup, "We're not dropping off…our performance has not dropped."

He also pointed to the presence of dew on the field as an obstacle to their playing well.

Man of the match Imrul Kayes, who scored the highest for the Tigers, said that tail-ender and pacer Shafiul Islam, who made the match win, deserved that award.

He said he always had the intention to form a partnership and play long innings. "I've a target to lengthen the innings and to support others."

The spiritually-upgraded Tigers now plan to play rather more consistently in their forthcoming matches.

bdnews24.com/pks/nir/2345h

Even though it is off topic I urge the Indian to go to the video and read the comment which other ordinary young bangladeshis are posting... n see for yourself what ordinary bangladeshi think of India and sidhu... n will ask all of you to come out from the ignorance that all the bd members are jamatis in this forum and are Anti Indian.

he is defending england i think.
he is right to say that brits fell short to 30 runs but anyway BD played well and took chance.

absolute disgusting... he should be banned for running his mouth on worthless commenting

He also do the same thing against pakistan... as a commentator he should be neutral but he is not in the case of bangladesh and pakistan...

Was Ian wrong when he said stick your feet in to your mouth???

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

he is defending england i think.
he is right to say that brits fell short to 30 runs but anyway BD played well and took chance.

Was it only defending England... what he said after making that comment of 30 run regarding Bangladesh!!!

But as a commentator every one needs to remain neutral but sidhu is not neutral...in the case of pakistan and bangladesh...

@Sami dude if you can watch Ekushey TV then tune in right now, they are running a Jazz show, awesomme stuff

Kiski geeli ho gaii aj...????

Haha geeli to Poms ki hogaye :lol: Ah well at least the missus is happy. I was watching the match with her family, think I have gone deaf from all the screaming that ensued after the victory. And I thought us Indians were passionate about cricket. I shall go enjoy the egg on my face now :oops:

p.s: I am only anti Bangladesh in the world of PDF so don't hate:fie:

Alhumdolillah!!! It's taste better when match is win with tough competition. We did good today yet need to be better in next game if we would like to play in next quarter. :)

at one stage bangladeshi batsman really tried hard to loose lol it seemed as suddenly pitch changed and it was hell difficult to bat on it rather they made it look like so but good job done by number 9 and 10 batsman ,batted well compared to many genuine batsmen

I hope now Al-Zakir is happy

You bet. Can not be less happy today. :)

This may not happen as India is likely to be out in the quarter final as they will have to face either Pakistan and Sri Lanka in Dhaka ... N u know it very well whom the crowd will support and pitch will be made in such a way so that India does not get any benefit... but wish you all the best for the rest of the matches...

If India reaches the Quarter Finals, we'll play the match at home. :)

:angel::angel: and what if BD repeated their victory match performance against India

You mean their performance in the 1st match where Sehwag rained in sixes over their a**es? I'm all for it :pop:

Its a moment of joy and self realization that we can do any thing if we have strong commitment . the way our boys played and snatch the joy from the english has regain our image that had shattered against west indies .

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom