What's new

Bangladesh to import 250 MWh power/day from India.

30 decent size factories can run with 250 MW. Its not much!

As reported, Bangladesh will buy 250 MWh of electricity from the Indian market, and it is also in the final stage of negotiation the purchase of an additional 250 MWh

Your overall electricity generation capacity is currently around 5,500 MW.

so, 250 comes around 4.5% of your total installed capacity.

For India, this export may be very small but for BD this import is quite huge....

By your logic, if 4.5% can run only 30 factories then I wonder how many factories are there in BD and how much is being
consumed by domestic and other commercial usage…

Let me reiterate, to start with and that too when we have power deficit, increasing your total power supply by 4.5% in very short span of time is a remarkable thing which only BD wont appreciate I believe!

As reported, Bangladesh will buy 250 MWh of electricity from the Indian market, and it is also in the final stage of negotiation the purchase of an additional 250 MWh

Your overall electricity generation capacity is currently around 5,500 MW.

so, 250 comes around 4.5% of your total installed capacity.

For India, this export may be very small but for BD this import is quite huge....

By your logic, if 4.5% can run only 30 factories then I wonder how many factories are there in BD and how much is being
consumed by domestic and other commercial usage…

Let me reiterate, to start with and that too when we have power deficit, increasing your total power supply by 4.5% in very short span of time is a remarkable thing which only BD wont appreciate I believe!

we have a few factories, the largest factory we has its own power plant and generates 6-7 megawatt of energy. It is a textile factory. Its not even the largest textile plant, there are a lot like that.

we have a few factories, the largest factory we has its own power plant and generates 6-7 megawatt of energy. It is a textile factory. Its not even the largest textile plant, there are a lot like that.

now I understood your logic of 250 and 30.....but 250 still makes substantial portion of your overall power supply! dont you agree?

Bangladesh to import 250 MWh power/day from India.

@Death Rattle: I have nothing against this deal, but why did you modify MWh to MW in the thread title? MWh is a unit of energy whereas MW is a unit of power. As Eastwatch said, 25 MW for 10 hours a day is 250 MWh. Just letting you guys know, so that @Rocky25, KRAIT & co can stop whining and realize we're not stealing all that much. Oh wait, we're not stealing at all - we're paying for it guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
can't BD produce of it's own ?

Recently there was a news that Pak is going to import Power from India...so can I ask u the same question?

Power generation is heavily capital intensive and time consuming process...there are power projects in progress in india worth 100s of billion dollar..our economy can support it.... BD still has long way to go..

Recently there was a news that Pak is going to import Power from India...so can I ask u the same question?

Power generation is heavily capital intensive and time consuming process...there are power projects in progress in india worth 100s of billion dollar..our economy can support it.... BD still has long way to go..

I would say yes to point out that we have got a corrupt government like BD, but we are not going to import power from India. What you heard was just a rumour. The only imports we have are from Iran (border).

Still i would say we are not that bad as BD.

At least we have built dams, one of which, the Tarbela Dam, is considered to be 2nd largest in the world. It has a maximum capacity of 4200 MW.

Moreover, we just recently built our very first Wind Farm in Jamsharo Sind.

We have tremendous potential. According to many reports, Baluchistan is one of the best areas in the world for Solar Energy. Also, i'm sure you may have heard about the Thar Coal. Really, i would tell you that next government will definitely do something. There is too much pressure from people and from our media.

I would say yes to point out that we have got a corrupt government like BD, but we are not going to import power from India. What you heard was just a rumour. The only imports we have are from Iran (border).

Still i would say we are not that bad as BD.

At least we have built dams, one of which, the Tarbela Dam, is considered to be 2nd largest in the world. It has a maximum capacity of 4200 MW.

Moreover, we just recently built our very first Wind Farm in Jamsharo Sind.

We have tremendous potential. According to many reports, Baluchistan is one of the best areas in the world for Solar Energy. Also, i'm sure you may have heard about the Thar Coal. Really, i would tell you that next government will definitely do something. There is too much pressure from people and from our media.

import it from India or Iran, your own question remains intact..why cant u produce it on ur own? ..lets not talk abt Potentials pls..

import it from India or Iran, your own question remains intact..why cant u produce it on ur own? ..lets not talk abt Potentials pls..

I just told you about dams being our main source. But nevertheless here is a detailed outline:

Current Production:

There are four major power producers in country: WAPDA (Water & Power Development Authority), KESC (Karachi Electric Supply Company), IPPs (Independent Power Producers) and PAEC (Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission).

WAPDA Hydel

Tarbela 3478 MW
Mangla 1000 MW
Ghazi – Barotha 1450 MW
Warsak 243 MW
Chashma 184 MW
Dargai 20 MW
Rasul 22 MW
Shadi-Waal 18 MW
Nandi pur 14 MW
Kurram Garhi 4 MW
Renala 1 MW
Chitral 1 MW
Jagran (AK) 30 MW
Total Hydel 6,461 MW

WAPDA Thermal

Gas Turbine Power Station, Shahdra 59 MW
Steam Power Station, Faisalabad 132 MW
Gas Turbine Power Station, Faisalabad 244 MW
Gas Power Station, Multan 195 MW
Thermal Power Station, Muzaffargarh 1350 MW
Thermal Power Station, Guddu 1655 MW
Gas Turbine Power Station, Kotri 174 MW
Thermal Power Station, Jamshoro 850 MW
Thermal Power Station, Larkana 150 MW
Thermal Power Station, Quetta 35 MW
Gas Turbine Power Station, Panjgur 39 MW
Thermal Power Station, Pasni 17 MW
Total Thermal 4811 MW
WAPDA’s total hydel and thermal capacity is 11,272 MW. Hydel electricity generated by WAPDA varies between two extremities, i.e., between minimum of 2,414 MW and maximum of 6,761 MW depending upon the river flow.

Karachi Electric Supply Company

Thermal Power Station, Korangi 316 MW
Gas Turbine Power Station, Korangi 80 MW
Gas Turbine Power Station, SITE 100 MW
Thermal Power Station, Bin Qasim 1260 MW
KESC total generation capacity is 1756 MW.

Independent Power Producers (IPPs)

Hub Power Project 1292 MW
AES Lalpir Ltd, Mahmood Kot Muzaffargar 362 MW
AES Pak Gen, Mahmood Kot Muzaffargar 365 MW
Altern Energy Ltd, Attock 29 MW
Fauji Kabirwala Power Company, Khanewal 157 MW
Gul Ahmad Energy Ltd, Korangi 136 MW
Habibullah Coastal Power Limited 140 MW
Japan Power Generation, Lahore 120 MW
Kohenoor Energy Limited, Lahore 131 MW
Liberty Power Limited, Ghotki 232 MW
Rousch Power, Khanewal 412 MW
Saba Power Company, Sheikhupura 114 MW
Southern Electric Power Company Limited, Raiwind 110 MW
Tapal Energy Limited, Karachi 126 MW
Uch Power Limited, Dera Murad Jamali, Nasirabad 586 MW
Attock Gen Limited, Morgah Rawalpindi 165 MW
Atlas Power, Sheikhupura 225 MW
Engro Energy Limited, Karachi —– MW
Kot Addu Power Company Limited (Privatized) 1638 MW
Saif Power Plant Qadirabad, Sahiwal 225 MW
Sitara Energy 80 MW
Nishat Chunian Power 200 MW
Nishat Power Limited 200 MW
Total generation capacity of IPPs is 7070 MW.

Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission

KANUPP 137 MW
CHASNUPP-1 325 MW
CHASNUPP-2 300 MW
KHUSHAB 50 MW
Total electricity generated from PAEC is 812 MW.

The total power generation capacity of Pakistan is 19,855 MW and the electricity demand (as of April 2010) is 14,500 MW and PEPCO is merely generating 10,000 MW.

Projects in Hand:

First wind power unit in Jhimpir opened (6-250 MW)

pakwind.jpg

Chashma Hydel Power Projec (184 MW)

22.jpg

Diamer-Bhasha Dam (4,500 MW)

hunzatimes-basha-91.jpg

Satpara Dam (17 MW)

satpara-dam-06.JPG

Munda Dam (750 MW)

0001%20munda%20headworks.jpg

Solar power plant in Bahawalpur to be largest in Pakistan

Solar.jpg

Chashma nuclear power plant 3 (300 MW)

ChashmaPowerPlantIIcompletedstartsproducing300MW_16336-349x238.jpg

250MWh, if read by non-technical persons, may seem to be a big amount of electricity. But, in reality, it is very small. When a 25 MW of power is transmitted to BD grid for 10 hours in a day, then the supply is (25MW x 10h) = 250 megawat-hours (MWh). So, Indians should not loss their day nappings by this pittance amount of power. Moreover, the genereous govt of Bangladesh will pay India handsomely!! Indians should look like Indians with pot bellies even at young age. Why to lose your pot bellies over a tiny export of power?

May be a 'Thank You' would have been more appropriate instead of justifying how miser Indians are or how little this Power is. No one is forcing you to buy Power from India. Maybe China can give you 2500 MW of power. you should ask them. Or better ask Japan. Since you live there they will surely export it to Bangladesh.

250MWh, if read by non-technical persons, may seem to be a big amount of electricity. But, in reality, it is very small. When a 25 MW of power is transmitted to BD grid for 10 hours in a day, then the supply is (25MW x 10h) = 250 megawat-hours (MWh). So, Indians should not loss their day nappings by this pittance amount of power. Moreover, the genereous govt of Bangladesh will pay India handsomely!! Indians should look like Indians with pot bellies even at young age. Why to lose your pot bellies over a tiny export of power?

You can't directly convert between MW and MWh. MW is unit of power, and MWh is a unit of energy.

250 MWh does not 25 Megawatts/hour. It means that in 1 hour, it uses energy at the rate of of 250 megawatts. Again, Megawatt is a unit of power (rate of energy consumption) and Megawatt hour is a unit of energy (how much energy will be used if bangladesh imports 250 MW of energy every hour), Bangladesh is using roughly 250 x 3.6 x 10^9 joules of energy.

Try researching a bit instead of acting like a smartass and looking like a dumbass.

What about Sri Lanka?

Maybe even the Maldives....?

India is out of SL by that country's heroic troops who fought really a proxy war against India in their own land. India is also out of Maldives since February 2012 when the then President was ousted from power in a popular unrest because he was leaning towards the super-poor India. By a backdoor manuevering India managed a few business contracts for its homegrown companies. One was a lucrative international airport management contract.

Now, all the India-sponsored hegemonist business cotracts have been abrigated by the new govt. What a shame to this India which is run by big bellied Baniyas and Marwaris!!!!! When normal Indians commit suicides in thousands, because they cannot pay back the loans they have borrowed from interest-group companies, the GoI exempts these Baniyas from paying taxes to the govt and allows their financial leverages to suck the bloods from its neighbouring countries.

India has been kicked out of all the countries. But, it is only Nepal and Bhutan who cannot do anything unless the entire map of this region changes. Bangladesh must have border with these two neighbours, not today, but sometimes in the near future.

India is out of SL by that country's heroic troops who fought really a proxy war against India in their own land. India is also out of Maldives since February 2012 when the then President was ousted from power in a popular unrest because he was leaning towards the super-poor India. By a backdoor manuevering India managed a few business contracts for its homegrown companies. One was a lucrative international airport management contract.

Now, all the India-sponsored hegemonist business cotracts have been abrigated by the new govt. What a shame to this India which is run by big bellied Baniyas and Marwaris!!!!! When normal Indians commit suicides in thousands, because they cannot pay back the loans they have borrowed from interest-group companies, the GoI exempts these Baniyas from paying taxes to the govt and allows their financial leverages to suck the bloods from its neighbouring countries.

India has been kicked out of all the countries. But, it is only Nepal and Bhutan who cannot do anything unless the entire map of this region changes. Bangladesh must have border with these two neighbours, not today, but sometimes in the near future.

No matter what you guys say, the fact remains that Maldives has had its existence saved by us (just like you guys by the way :D), and "popular unrest" does not change anything.

EzioAltaïr;3942075 said:
You can't directly convert between MW and MWh. MW is unit of power, and MWh is a unit of energy.

250 MWh does not 25 Megawatts/hour. It means that in 1 hour, it uses energy at the rate of of 250 megawatts. Again, Megawatt is a unit of power (rate of energy consumption) and Megawatt hour is a unit of energy (how much energy will be used if bangladesh imports 250 MW of energy every hour), Bangladesh is using roughly 250 x 3.6 x 10^9 joules of energy.

Try researching a bit instead of acting like a smartass and looking like a dumbass.

Stupid Indian, do not just teach me as if I am the most ignorant and you are the most benevolent. Read my post and tell me what is wrong with my assumptions. You have a comprehension problem of english as well as technical matters. I have put forward a very simple mathematical assumption. If a power plant's production capacity is 25 MW (assume its efficiency is 100%), and if this power is consumed for 10 hours/day, it is obvious that the consumption will be 250MWh/day, and this is what the newspapers are saying. Read the title for your homework and do not come with your Joules, Horsepower and the likes.

Do not you understand this simple math? Note, this much of quantity cannot even light the bulbs of a small village in BD. But, this is what your miser and poor India will be selling to our country. Now, if it is too large a quantity, better save it for yourself. I have another proposition. Let BD buy this power and pay back some of the debts incurred by India's farmers to the big-bellied Baniyas. It will stop many suicides there. Bloody miser Indians!!!!

Back
Top Bottom