What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange! It is written about BNP in wikipedia:

The BNP promotes a very center-right policy combining elements of conservatism, corporatism, nationalism, militarism , anti-anarchism and anti-communism. It is more popular among the country's business class, military, and conservatives. The party believes that Islam is an integral part of the socio-cultural life of Bangladesh, and favors Islamic principles as well as cultural views.

lol no wonder India doesnt try to poke it's nose in your affairs. pakistan can accirately hit any part of India, now that is some badass dope capability.

No, on the contrary, India remains happy if Pakistan does not poke its nose into the India-held Kashmir. If things go that way, you can bet, India will mass its troops along the border. And do not get into this idea that any country will ever use a nuclear bomb. It is not a real deterence for a conventional war. However, things may change if one nuclear dumb country uses this bomb against another nuclear country.

A nuclear bomb is certainly not a child's play.

I dont think they'll sell us s 300 due to the defensive ties the ruskies have with the Indians. India is very close to russia. Our only hope is if the chinese can come up with something.

India is not a problem here as long as Hasina is in power. In the last couple of years, Hasina signed a lot of deals with russia and india itself. 2000MW nuke power plant with russia and 1350MW coal power plant with india are the most recent published. At least 10 more unpublished one are there with each nations. BD is a very good friend of Russia and India also. I think, India will influence russia to supply BD with Su-30/Mig-29 and if BD wish S-300/S-400. This will be a big help for indians in countering Burmese threats in the 7sister region and with this kind of procurement India can keep bd away from buying equipment and strengthening BD relation with China(India's biggest enemy). Thus India shall have most influence over BD.

so major you make this (la hore) ID for clear us that you was right ?:rofl:

pls tell me about configuration. Is it better than Hamara bajaj ? How is the pick up & milage? I will buy one.

We are flogging a dead horse here. The discussion for the f7s has ended a long time ago. The only thing to do now is to wait for them to arrive in bd

India is not a problem here as long as Hasina is in power. In the last couple of years, Hasina signed a lot of deals with russia and india itself. 2000MW nuke power plant with russia and 1350MW coal power plant with india are the most recent published. At least 10 more unpublished one are there with each nations. BD is a very good friend of Russia and India also. I think, India will influence russia to supply BD with Su-30/Mig-29 and if BD wish S-300/S-400. This will be a big help for indians in countering Burmese threats in the 7sister region and with this kind of procurement India can keep bd away from buying equipment and strengthening BD relation with China(India's biggest enemy). Thus India shall have most influence over BD.

Interestingly this time, BNP did not raise any question regarding defence procurement. They supported nuke deal, also seems supported Indian coal power plant. Is it because, AL this time around kept China in confidence awarding even bigger basket.

Interestingly this time, BNP did not raise any question regarding defence procurement. They supported nuke deal, also seems supported Indian coal power plant. Is it because, AL this time around kept China in confidence awarding even bigger basket.

Since we are having a rough patch with the indians as well as the burmese(2008 standoff), opposing arms deal will make BNP look anti-nationalistic.

As for the power plant, they were quite neutral about it.

BNP says almost nothing against Burma, but says always against India. However, BNP inducted less q'ty of arms during its two terms than AL did and is doing. Yet, BNP is regarded as nationalist. On the contrary, AL is distrusted by both the military and population only because it is too inclined towards India.

As told to stick to the topic------
When we are expecting to receive these F-7BGI? This year? Any updates?

So far I know, BD did place an order to China for the delivery of 16 J-7BGI with 3MFD, HOTAS and LGB&GPS guided munitions which shall replace their inventory of Q-5 scheduled to be retired by 2014. Beyond that I do not know anything about the status or what sort of avionics will be in those aircraft or anything. One thing is not clear to me that why did they order for J7 when they could with that kind of funding buy 4-6 Mig-29SMT and upgrade all of their existing Mig-29SE/UB to SMT standard as well.

well since a few Bangladeshi members were discussing the purchase of long range SAM's, i think the Chinese HQ-9 would make a good long range SAM system, along with medium range SAM's (SPADA 2000 is a good medium range SAM), Short range SAM's and shoulder launched MANPADS would make a good overlapping SAM umbrella denying the enemy the ability to enter Bangladesh's airspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom