What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehehehe.. but you tried to sell AL-Khalid while we bought MBT-2000.
And we got those technology directly from the vendor China.

Al-Khalid is the Pakistani version of the MBT-2000.

Look Bangla version of AL-Zarar the most upgraded for MBT 69. Dont be jealous.

Jealous about what?

@ Zabanya.... I wonder if you could elaborate the exact status of Mig-29SE BAF is operating.. Sorry, question is bit of topic..

They are still operational. Total of 8. Six of them are MiG-29SEs while 2 of them are MiG-29UBs. There are plans to upgrade them to SMT standards, the time frame is unknown. In my opinion, they should do so as soon as possible.

They used to face many problems with them before. There were even rumors of cannibalism. But now, those problems are more or less solved. Some were overhauled in Bangladesh, while others were overhauled in Ukraine.

Originally, Bangladesh ordered 16 of them. But was later cut down to 8.

Back in the BNP-administration, they were seriously considering selling them off.

Same to u. JF-17 is a very good 3++ generation fighter aircraft that costs $20mln a unit. Well, thats a bit too expensive for a stop-gap aircraft. If we add couple of $mln more with that we can easily buy J-10/mig-29. Why should we buy piece of crap JF-17 with $20mln rather our govt. bought stop-gap pieces of **** F-7BGI @ $8mln/unit.

You are confusing between 3rd generation and 4th generation planes!

F-7BG cockpit:
26749_20422.jpg

JF-17 cockpit:
cockpit.jpg

Nobody is forcing Bangladesh to buy JF-17. But your posts regarding the JF-17 are nothing more than fanboyish rants!

Nobody is forcing Bangladesh to buy JF-17. But your posts regarding the JF-17 are nothing more than fanboyish rants!

Totally Agreed Zabaniya..!! But Here the problem is something else;

Since JF-17 is a Pride of Pakistan, Its necessary for some Bangladeshis including thier Govt to tarnish it wherever it appears, they simply can't couldn’t digest it out of long held Hate/Anger/Complex. Clerly their thinking pattern on this issue is not rational but prejudice. It reminds me their gestures when Pakistan agnites the AB back in 1998.

My sincere advice to all of them is….

If you are going through Hell…just keep going…!!

Who denies that JF-17 is a little better than F-BGI? But, at the same time JF-17 is not also a proven plane. Look at the T/W ratio of JF, it is 0.82. For BGI it is 0.76, while Mig-21 has 0.74. JF is only a little ahead in the T/W ratio, too.

BAF wants to buy another sq. of BGI only as a stop gap measure. we paid less than $8 million for this, but JF costs more than $20 million. Why to spend so much money for a JF platform when we alreday have better planes like Mig-29s and we intend to buy a few sqs. of 4.5++ generation fighters as our mainstay plane in the very near future?

By the way, how many countries have so far bought JF-17 from Pakistan? None. Then, why should we volunteer for this plane by paying such a big price?

Hello
whats up

Sir why do you think JFT is slightly better than F-7BGI?only because of almost same t/w ratio and the ratio you quoted is also wrong
the specs you are seeing on net of JFT are nt updated since 2007-2008 while the JFT is getting upgrading with the passage of time..

the real t/w ratio of JFT is well over 1..as said in the UK airshow 2010.
the rd-93 with 86kn thrust give 0.95 ratio to JFT bt since in zhuhai airshow we knew that the rd-93 has a maximum thrust of 98kn which give over 1 t/w ratio to JFT.

JFT carry 4 ton payload while F&BGI only 2 ton.
JFT range is 3400km and F7BGI only 2200km
JFT is BVR capable while F-7BGI nt
JFT weapons include anti ship c-80x with a decent range,anti radiation mar 1 from brazil,BVR,WVR(A darter or the latest chineese one),cruise missile ra'ad,h2/4(PGM),
making JFT a true multirole
while f-7BGI carry only WVR and PGM
JFT is much more advance in avionics era..comparing JFT in avionics with F-7BGI is totally BS.

++
Now JFT advantage over f-7BGI
BVR capable
anti role
anti radiation/SEAD
more payload
better radar and avionics
more good weapons package
more payload
HMD,HUD,
full glass cockpit
more range
cruise missile option on table
higher t/w ratio
more agile
and more good looking :P
nt to forgot that JFT 2 specs will be the standard specs used for JFT only after an year.which include alot of goodies
ENJOY

Last edited by a moderator:
Al-Khalid is the Pakistani version of the MBT-2000.QUOTE]

Sir Pakistan has funded the AL khalid aka MBT-2000 project.

MBT-2000/type 90 is chineese name of this project and we call it AL khalid

pakistan hold 50% development as well as fund share in this project.

Pakistan has full rights to even sell the Al khalid to any nation

sri lanka was the one whom has even placed order bt later withdraw.

However, no one can claim that JF-17 is any higher than 3++ generation fighter.

JFT offer all the tech a 4th gen fighter can
and is considered a 4th gen fighter throughout the world except in your case

wait one year till the block 2 enter.
from specs block 2 is comparable to block 52 f-16

well
i have heard no one claiming that jf-17 is less than 4th gen(chines 3rd gen) aircraft..except indian fanboys..

the desgn and avionics itself tells the story..u cant expect BVRs in 3rd gen aircrafts..

anyway i have said number of times thats its impossible atleast in the current govt to buy anything even remotely attached to pakistan..

anyway f-7 desicion is a good one as operating mig29 and j-10 are costly and require expetise to induct new palteforms..jf-17 would have been an excellent option but...politics...

Sir Pakistan has funded the AL khalid aka MBT-2000 project.

MBT-2000/type 90 is chineese name of this project and we call it AL khalid

pakistan hold 50% development as well as fund share in this project.

Pakistan has full rights to even sell the Al khalid to any nation

sri lanka was the one whom has even placed order bt later withdraw.

True. In fact, Pakistan was offered the M1 Abrams by the Americans back in the 80s. It was way too heavy to operate in Pakistani terrain. So, they went ahead with their own MBT program with Chinese cooperation. Self-sufficiency is always priceless.

JFT offer all the tech a 4th gen fighter can
and is considered a 4th gen fighter throughout the world except in your case

wait one year till the block 2 enter.
from specs block 2 is comparable to block 52 f-16

Frankly, it was here the first time I've heard that the JF-17 is a 3rd generation fighter :lol:

If I am not mistaken, block 1's systems integration will be complete by the middle of next year. From then onwards would the development of the block 2 occur. I believe the block 2 will be sporting AESA.

well
i have heard no one claiming that jf-17 is less than 4th gen(chines 3rd gen) aircraft..except indian fanboys..

the desgn and avionics itself tells the story..u cant expect BVRs in 3rd gen aircrafts..

anyway i have said number of times thats its impossible atleast in the current govt to buy anything even remotely attached to pakistan..

anyway f-7 desicion is a good one as operating mig29 and j-10 are costly and require expetise to induct new palteforms..jf-17 would have been an excellent option but...politics...

Bangladesh did order MBT-2000s this year.

So can I say Mig-21 will get MKI, Hornet, Rafale, Tejas at first, after all it has speed more than mentioned competitors? Leave JFT apart for a while...
No.. no.. ofcourse not. For example, if both MiG-21 and JF-17 are at X distance from a target and are at 12 o clock of each other(say a paf bomber), the MiG-21 can get to the target faster and kill it. And can get its asss outta there before the JF-17 shows up. Which means the MiG has completed its mission while the JFT has a mission failure.
Also with speed you can be on several places in a very short amount of time. Speed is a valuable commodity, because Speed is Time, and every second in a war counts. You have to be in the right place at the right time, and for that to happen, you need Speed. The Russians have an entire fleet of Fighters(MiG-31) which has nothing but speed. The MiG-31 cannot even dogfight, all it has is speed. Are the Russians stupid to have MiG-31s?
MKIs speed is not very high(1.9), and that is indeed not something to celebrate about.

its true mig 21 can enter and kill an f-35 as it moves faster but problem is it falls from indain skies like stone and has ben nick named as flying coffin.
so..lets stick to topic rather than straying here and there

^ stupid trolling.

I think I beginning to understand the logic going on here. Anything JF-17 doesn't have, is labeled unnecessary, and what it does have is the only things necessary. Fanboys through and through.

"It is pointed out that the F-35 is primarily designed as a strike aircraft, with air defense and air-to-air combat as a secondary role. As such, its abilities to function as an interceptor and to operate within the air policing role have been questioned due to limitations in the F-35’s speed and agility when compared to its 2 competitors[Eurofighter & Gripen NG]."
Lightning II faces continued dogfights in Norway

Speed is a only a part of the equation and not the whole equation. To say having speed is unnecessary just because your fav fighter is slow, reeks of fanboyism.

Hello
whats up

Sir why do you think JFT is slightly better than F-7BGI?only because of almost same t/w ratio and the ratio you quoted is also wrong
the specs you are seeing on net of JFT are nt updated since 2007-2008 while the JFT is getting upgrading with the passage of time..

the real t/w ratio of JFT is well over 1..as said in the UK airshow 2010.
the rd-93 with 86kn thrust give 0.95 ratio to JFT bt since in zhuhai airshow we knew that the rd-93 has a maximum thrust of 98kn which give over 1 t/w ratio to JFT.

JFT carry 4 ton payload while F&BGI only 2 ton.
JFT range is 3400km and F7BGI only 2200km
JFT is BVR capable while F-7BGI nt
JFT weapons include anti ship c-80x with a decent range,anti radiation mar 1 from brazil,BVR,WVR(A darter or the latest chineese one),cruise missile ra'ad,h2/4(PGM),
making JFT a true multirole
while f-7BGI carry only WVR and PGM
JFT is much more advance in avionics era..comparing JFT in avionics with F-7BGI is totally BS.

I am not an expert of avionics, but people should read the specifications written in the Airforce Technology I am posting herewith. I have been hearing all along that the F-7BGIs are BVR capable. But, this is the 1st time that I have found reports that supports it. F-BGI is indeed BVR ( Beyond Visual Range) capable. See the specifications below to know that. This plane encompasses many other latest technologies like HUDWAC, as well.

However, there are certain drawbacks of this plane. It has a shorter range and a lighter payload. But, BAF is after a defensive plane only that can finish its mission in short time. Small payloads and short distance also supplement each other. But, this plane is almost as speedy as JF-17 at Mach 1.8.

In case of Bangladesh with a small land, the plane comes back after a short mission is complete and takes new payloads that is taken to enemy positions by a second pilot. This plane is quite compatible with our small landscape and our 4 times larger number of pilots than the number of planes.

I do not think, a BVR-capable F-7BGI would be a dumb plane as some people are trying hard to prove. BVR does not come alone, it must be supported by other avionics. BAF is so secret that we feel we are living in a Communist country. However, we will know about the full specifications of BGIs once these are in Bangladesh.

Since I have edited the specifications in order to shorten it, people are requested to click the link to get the entire page.

J-7 / F-7 - Airforce Technology

An F-7 Length is 14.88m and its Wingspan is 8.32m

The J-7 is a single-engine, lightweight fighter aircraft designed and manufactured by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China. Its design is based on its predecessor, the MiG-21 aircraft. The export version of J-7 has been designated the F-7.

The J-7 / F-7 has been built principally to meet the requirements of the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF), and more than 2,400 J-7s are currently operational worldwide.

J-7 variants

In an effort to meet the operational requirements of the defence forces, the CAC has developed 54 variants of the J-7.

Two types of J-7 variants have been built by the company, including a domestic Chinese variant and an export variant. About 28 domestic variants and 26 export variants are in operation worldwide.

The Bangladeshi Air Force purchased 16 F-7MB, 16 F-7BG and eight FT-7B aircraft. These F-7MB aircraft will be replaced with 100 BEYOND VISUAL RANGE-capable F-7BGs by 2010.

Ground attack missions

The J-7 has been designed to perform ground attack missions in all weather conditions. It can climb to higher altitudes with its delta wings at transonic and supersonic speeds. The aircraft also features a small-sized airframe fitted with a powerful engine.It is suitable only for point air defence due to its short-range attacking capability.

HUDWAC avionics

The aircraft is equipped with an efficient avionics system which includes a GEC-Marconi Avionics HUDWAC (head-up display and weapon aiming computer) plus GARMIN global positioning and bombing navigation systems. It is also equipped with a Super Skyranger radar, an FIAR Grifo-7 mkII radar (export) and a Type 226 PD radar.

Cannon armaments

The J-7/F-7 is armed with two 30mm cannons, which can fire munitions at the rate of 60 rounds a minute. The aircraft has five hardpoints, four of which are located under the two wings and one beneath the centreline fuselage section. It can carry a payload of up to 2,000kg. The J-7 is fitted with PL-2, PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550 and AIM-9 air-to-air missiles (AAM), unguided bombs weighing 50kg to 500kg, a 55mm rocket pod and a 90mm rocket pod.

"The J-7 fighter aircraft is a copy of the Russian MiG-21."Single turbojet engine

Powered by a single Liyang Wopen-13F/WP-7 turbojet engine the J-7's engine produces 44.1kN of dry thrust, while its afterburner thrust is 65.17kN. The developer of the WP-7 turbojet engine is Shenyang Aero Engine Factory.

Performance

The J-7 can climb at the rate of 155m/s, while the maximum and cruise speeds of the aircraft are 2,120km/h and 1,200km/h respectively. Its combat range is 850km. The ferry range of the J-7is 2,000km and the aircraft can fly to a maximum altitude of 17,800m.

The take-off and landing distances of the aircraft are 800m and 750m respectively. The aircraft weighs around 5,292kg and its maximum take-off weight is 9,100kg.

If F-7 is BVR capable, what missile does it fire?

No.. no.. ofcourse not. For example, if both MiG-21 and JF-17 are at X distance from a target and are at 12 o clock of each other(say a paf bomber), the MiG-21 can get to the target faster and kill it. And can get its asss outta there before the JF-17 shows up. Which means the MiG has completed its mission while the JFT has a mission failure.
Also with speed you can be on several places in a very short amount of time. Speed is a valuable commodity, because Speed is Time, and every second in a war counts. You have to be in the right place at the right time, and for that to happen, you need Speed. The Russians have an entire fleet of Fighters(MiG-31) which has nothing but speed. The MiG-31 cannot even dogfight, all it has is speed. Are the Russians stupid to have MiG-31s?
MKIs speed is not very high(1.9), and that is indeed not something to celebrate about.

Speed is important but its not everything... Various factors are sacrificed for one particular thing.. Mig-31 has nothing worth mentioning except its speed which makes it a finest interceptor, the worst part of this jet is its radius of combat... Again as I said Mig-31 sacrifices its other capabilities for just speed... MKI has everything but not that speed, same is true for other jets I mentioned..
Mig-21 is a dedicated fighter/interceptor aircraft, and as per role fighter/interceptor without speed means junk. It has speed but it lacks armament and avionics of a fourth generation aircraft, it will get detected before it detects any jet. JFT on other hand is a fourth generation multirole aircraft, has superior avionics and armaments, can do air to ground/sea attacks along with air to air unlike Mig-21... No way Mig-21 can be compared with Jf-17 or any of others multirole aircraft.

So it must be true for MKI/Tejas likewise?...... Both J-7 (Mig-21) and any one of two aircrafts are at X distance from a target and are at 12 O clock of each other.. J-7 can get to the target (assume IAF bomber) faster and destroy it and can make an escape before MKI/Tejas show up.... Means J-7 completed its mission while MKI/tejas has a mission failure..

Hey, I didnt know even our MirageIII and 5 are good against MKI!!!

Jealous about what?

They are still operational. Total of 8. Six of them are MiG-29SEs while 2 of them are MiG-29UBs. There are plans to upgrade them to SMT standards, the time frame is unknown. In my opinion, they should do so as soon as possible.

They used to face many problems with them before. There were even rumors of cannibalism. But now, those problems are more or less solved. Some were overhauled in Bangladesh, while others were overhauled in Ukraine.

Originally, Bangladesh ordered 16 of them. But was later cut down to 8.

Back in the BNP-administration, they were seriously considering selling them off

I was actually asking about exact specifications.... Does it come with fat-back? Which radar does it use, N109M or N109ME? Addition in armament?

Speed is important but its not everything... Various factors are sacrificed for one particular thing.. Mig-31 has nothing worth mentioning except its speed which makes it a finest interceptor, the worst part of this jet is its radius of combat... Again as I said Mig-31 sacrifices its other capabilities for just speed... MKI has everything but not that speed, same is true for other jets I mentioned..
Mig-21 is a dedicated fighter/interceptor aircraft, and as per role fighter/interceptor without speed means junk. It has speed but it lacks armament and avionics of a fourth generation aircraft, it will get detected before it detects any jet. JFT on other hand is a fourth generation multirole aircraft, has superior avionics and armaments, can do air to ground/sea attacks along with air to air unlike Mig-21... No way Mig-21 can be compared with Jf-17 or any of others multirole aircraft.
Absolutely! It far from useless, as some here are preaching.

So it must be true for MKI/Tejas likewise?...... Both J-7 (Mig-21) and any one of two aircrafts are at X distance from a target and are at 12 O clock of each other.. J-7 can get to the target (assume IAF bomber) faster and destroy it and can make an escape before MKI/Tejas show up.... Means J-7 completed its mission while MKI/tejas has a mission failure..

Hey, I didnt know even our MirageIII and 5 are good against MKI!!!
Yes, yes and yes. One of the reason why IAFs main interceptors are the MiG-21s and MiG-29s, not MKI.
But unfortunately your F-7s and Mirages are to be replaced by JF-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom