What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ stupid trolling.

I think I beginning to understand the logic going on here. Anything JF-17 doesn't have, is labeled unnecessary, and what it does have is the only things necessary. Fanboys through and through.

"It is pointed out that the F-35 is primarily designed as a strike aircraft, with air defense and air-to-air combat as a secondary role. As such, its abilities to function as an interceptor and to operate within the air policing role have been questioned due to limitations in the F-35’s speed and agility when compared to its 2 competitors[Eurofighter & Gripen NG]."
Lightning II faces continued dogfights in Norway

Speed is a only a part of the equation and not the whole equation. To say having speed is unnecessary just because your fav fighter is slow, reeks of fanboyism.

Thats not trolling.... Its a fact, Mig-21 are now flying coffins.... But its good to see you are still in love with this old bird..

During 1966-84, India built 658 MiG-21s. Over half those aircraft were lost to accidents. This got worse as the aircraft got older. India lost 250 MiG-21s to accidents between 1991 and 2003

Warplanes: RIP, MiG-21

can't believe Bangladeshi Air Force leaders decided to purchase shitty aircrafts from the world-notorious copycat rather than its best neighbour India whose aircrafts are far more superior.

I was actually asking about exact specifications.... Does it come with fat-back? Which radar does it use, N109M or N109ME? Addition in armament?

I don't know what you mean by fat-back :lol:

Unlike the MiG-29B, the SE variant comes with increased weapon load and longer range. Includes a variety of BVR missiles such as R-27 and R-77 variants. BVR missiles be active radar guided and semi-active.

Can also be fitted with ECM systems such that it reduces the enemy radar's ability to detect it, and target acquisition systems. Capable of engaging two air targets.

The radar the SE variant uses is the NO19-ME. It's a fairly basic pulse doppler radar.

The upgraded weapons system includes the R-27ER1, R-27EТ1, R-27Т1, R-27R1, R-73E air-to-air missiles, GSh-301 built-in gun, air bombs and rockets.

Specs:
Takeoff weight:
-Normal.....15,300 kg
-Max.........20,000 kg

Powerplant..................Two RD-33 engines.
After burning trust....... 2 x 8,300 kgf

Max g-load: 9.0

Max air speed:
-Ground level......1,500 km/h
-High level..........2,400 km/h

Service ceiling: 17.75 km

Flight range:
-Without EFT.........1,500 km
-With 3x EFT..........2,900 km (One in-flight refueling gives it >5400 km)

Max external payload: 4,500 kg

Source: http://www.aviamarket.org/reviews/military-aircraft/148-mig-29se-light-tactical-fighter.html

Not everything in the source maybe 100% correct, since the source itself collects from a variety of sources.

SE has no fly-by-wire.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

can't believe Bangladeshi Air Force leaders decided to purchase shitty aircrafts from the world-notorious copycat rather than its best neighbour India whose aircrafts are far more superior.

muhahahaha...

Thats not trolling.... Its a fact, Mig-21 are now flying coffins.... But its good to see you are still in love with this old bird..

During 1966-84, India built 658 MiG-21s. Over half those aircraft were lost to accidents. This got worse as the aircraft got older. India lost 250 MiG-21s to accidents between 1991 and 2003
He was saying something about MiG-21 shooting down F-35 or some crap when I said no such thing. Genuine troll.

As for MiG-21 crashes, MiG-21 is the most flown aircraft in IAFs entire history. It is also the most numerous aircraft to fly in the IAFs entire history. It is also the aircraft which has the most flying hours in the IAFs entire history. Then add in spares and support withdrawn after Soviet Collapse, and IAFs lack of trainers. You get the reasons why it crashes more than other fighters.

If you really want to prove MiG-21 is a flying coffin, give me attrition rate figures. I've been searching for them for forever! Without attrition rate, its reduced to sensationalism.

He was saying something about MiG-21 shooting down F-35 or some crap when I said no such thing. Genuine troll.

Ever heard of a joke? :lol:

Even many of your countrymen here admitted that the IAF MiG-21 is a flying coffin. Good planes for its time, but damn old. Flying old planes is never really safe.

I don't know what you mean by fat-back :lol:

Unlike the MiG-29B, the SE variant comes with increased weapon load and longer range. Includes a variety of BVR missiles such as R-27 and R-77 variants. BVR missiles be active radar guided and semi-active.

Can also be fitted with ECM systems such that it reduces the enemy radar's ability to detect it, and target acquisition systems. Capable of engaging two air targets.

The radar the SE variant uses is the NO19-ME. It's a fairly basic pulse doppler radar.

The upgraded weapons system includes the R-27ER1, R-27EТ1, R-27Т1, R-27R1, R-73E air-to-air missiles, GSh-301 built-in gun, air bombs and rockets.

Specs:
Takeoff weight:
-Normal.....15,300 kg
-Max.........20,000 kg

Powerplant..................Two RD-33 engines.
After burning trust....... 2 x 8,300 kgf

Max g-load: 9.0

Max air speed:
-Ground level......1,500 km/h
-High level..........2,400 km/h

Service ceiling: 17.75 km

Flight range:
-Without EFT.........1,500 km
-With 3x EFT..........2,900 km (One in-flight refueling gives it >5400 km)

Max external payload: 4,500 kg

Source: MiG-29SE

Not everything in the source maybe 100% correct, since the source itself collects from a variety of sources.

SE has no fly-by-wire.

Hahahha... What I meant by fat-back was dorsal hump behind the cockpit canopy where you fit L-203BE Gardenyia-1 ECM system... Mig-29SE is an export version of Mig-29 S with some improvements... Ones Malaysia is operating lack dorsal-hump. Mig-29 SE is Mig-29B except for some differences like longer range, increased payload, new missiles, ECM etc.. I was confused about the radar and ECM of Bangladeshi Mig-29..... Thanks for info...

As for MiG-21 crashes, MiG-21 is the most flown aircraft in IAFs entire history. It is also the most numerous aircraft to fly in the IAFs entire history. It is also the aircraft which has the most flying hours in the IAFs entire history. Then add in spares and support withdrawn after Soviet Collapse, and IAFs lack of trainers. You get the reasons why it crashes more than other fighters.

If you really want to prove MiG-21 is a flying coffin, give me attrition rate figures. I've been searching for them for forever! Without attrition rate, its reduced to sensationalism.

Strange you couldn't spot sarcasm from that guy....

Well, I have no intention to prove Mig-21 a junk unlike you who is desperate to prove JFT inferior to Mig-21 especially to its speed. In the coarse of your arguments you even got agreed that F-35, MKI, Hornet, Rafale etc are useless against the might of Mig-21.

I like this bird, PAF has been operating J-7 (Mig-21) for decades now..

Ever heard of a joke?

Strange you couldn't spot sarcasm from that guy....
Sarcasm? Not when an argument is going on. Its like a kid barging in the middle of a conversation and talkin sshit.

Even many of your countrymen here admitted that the IAF MiG-21 is a flying coffin. Good planes for its time, but damn old. Flying old planes is never really safe.
And now you know the main reason why military is there only to protect democracy, and not follow it. Or else the military will have Politicians like people running it.

In the coarse of your arguments you even got agreed that F-35, MKI, Hornet, Rafale etc are useless against the might of Mig-21.
Now that is just pathetic, just when I thought you were one of the better members here. Just another guy who can't understand English. What part of "Speed is only a part of the equation and not the whole equation" doesn't your noggin comprehend. Is that too much for ya to absorb fanboy?

Now that is just pathetic, just when I thought you were one of the better members here. Just another guy who can't understand English. What part of "Speed is only a part of the equation and not the whole equation" doesn't your noggin comprehend. Is that too much for ya to absorb fanboy?

Now you are getting earnest... Personal attacks are the last refuge..

What part of "Speed is only a part of the equation and not the whole equation" doesn't your noggin comprehend.

I hope you remember my reply pertaining speed of a jet.... I quote it again for you, will definitely help you understand what wrong is with my English when it comes to Comprehension...

Speed is important but its not everything... Various factors are sacrificed for one particular thing.. Mig-31 has nothing worth mentioning except its speed which makes it a finest interceptor, the worst part of this jet is its radius of combat... Again as I said Mig-31 sacrifices its other capabilities for just speed... MKI has everything but not that speed, same is true for other jets I mentioned..
Mig-21 is a dedicated fighter/interceptor aircraft, and as per role fighter/interceptor without speed means junk. It has speed but it lacks armament and avionics of a fourth generation aircraft, it will get detected before it detects any jet. JFT on other hand is a fourth generation multirole aircraft, has superior avionics and armaments, can do air to ground/sea attacks along with air to air unlike Mig-21... No way Mig-21 can be compared with Jf-17 or any of others multirole aircraft.

So it must be true for MKI/Tejas likewise?...... Both J-7 (Mig-21) and any one of two aircrafts are at X distance from a target and are at 12 O clock of each other.. J-7 can get to the target (assume IAF bomber) faster and destroy it and can make an escape before MKI/Tejas show up.... Means J-7 completed its mission while MKI/tejas has a mission failure..

Hey, I didnt know even our MirageIII and 5 are good against MKI!!!

Right from the start you loomed to be the one who is just not satisfied with others PoV... Comparing a third generation aircraft with a fourth generation aircraft, interestingly the bases of comparison is the speed... Is it hard for you to comprehend differences between various generations?

Rendering others to acknowledge your unfounded drift does not make any sense to anyone Mr. fanboy.

you like to disparage jf17 very much , which is already a undisputed 4 gen fighter in world. But you guy still claimed that JF17 is only a 3rd +++ crappp fighter,copyyyy ,which is only a derivative of the J7/mig21.
well ,you need a out-of-date bird,then my opinion is that you should buy USA F35 ,it is the most modern 5gen figher ,

Wow, that is brilliant. 5th Generation F35 as stop-gap for 4.5 generation. Are you on drugs!!!

@emmie
It ain't no personal attack when I'm just telling you who you are. Implying all those Aircraft are useless against the MiG-21.. when I never said such a thing. Is that another one of those lame jokes?

Why is it so hard for you to accept the MiG-21 has advantages over JF-17 in certain interception scenarios? Why is it so hard for you to accept that a MiG-21 if outgunned can use its speed as its defense and make a tactical retreat out of the hot-zone, far better than the JF-17. Why can't such a situation be compared with a JF-17? JF-17 will never face such a situation according to you?
Or are you implying multirole fighters don't have much speed because they have to concentrate on other capabilities? MiG-29 has both speed and multirole capabilities. So does the Su-27 & the F-15. Hell even the single engined multirole Gripen & Mirage-2000 has both. Just because JF-17 doesn't have speed, suddenly speed became a non-issue? USAF was so concerned about the time spent during a mission in the hostile hot zone, they asked the designers to make F-22 raptor's speed high and at the same time fuel efficient. Hence super cruise was born. F-22 can reach 1.8M without using afterburners. With afterburners, it can reach 2.25M. I guess everyone are morons then, and only JF-17's designers and it's fanboys are right in keeping JF-17s speed low.

Hello
whats up

Sir why do you think JFT is slightly better than F-7BGI?only because of almost same t/w ratio and the ratio you quoted is also wrong
the specs you are seeing on net of JFT are nt updated since 2007-2008 while the JFT is getting upgrading with the passage of time..

the real t/w ratio of JFT is well over 1..as said in the UK airshow 2010.
the rd-93 with 86kn thrust give 0.95 ratio to JFT bt since in zhuhai airshow we knew that the rd-93 has a maximum thrust of 98kn which give over 1 t/w ratio to JFT.

JFT carry 4 ton payload while F&BGI only 2 ton.
JFT range is 3400km and F7BGI only 2200km
JFT is BVR capable while F-7BGI nt
JFT weapons include anti ship c-80x with a decent range,anti radiation mar 1 from brazil,BVR,WVR(A darter or the latest chineese one),cruise missile ra'ad,h2/4(PGM),
making JFT a true multirole
while f-7BGI carry only WVR and PGM
JFT is much more advance in avionics era..comparing JFT in avionics with F-7BGI is totally BS.

++
Now JFT advantage over f-7BGI
BVR capable
anti role
anti radiation/SEAD
more payload
better radar and avionics
more good weapons package
more payload
HMD,HUD,
full glass cockpit
more range
cruise missile option on table
higher t/w ratio
more agile
and more good looking :P
nt to forgot that JFT 2 specs will be the standard specs used for JFT only after an year.which include alot of goodies
ENJOY

First of all u r showing PAF F-7PG specs and forcing us to believe it belongs to F-7BGI of which much specification is still unknown to public. Sounds like u were there when PM signed deal with China.
Secondly, the specs u r giving are belong to BAF F-7MB.

Thirdly, where the hell did u find that F-7BG is not BVR capable. F-7BG has KLJ-6F BVR-capable fire control radar and PL-12 medium range air to air missiles, which have a range of 70 km.

Forthly, F-7BGI is not exactly the same as F-7BG. Its avionics has been highly improved over F-7BG. F-7BG is BVR capable and F-7BGI will not be!!! are u taking any Afghanistani weed or something!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Al-Khalid is the Pakistani version of the MBT-2000.QUOTE]

Sir Pakistan has funded the AL khalid aka MBT-2000 project.

MBT-2000/type 90 is chineese name of this project and we call it AL khalid

pakistan hold 50% development as well as fund share in this project.

Pakistan has full rights to even sell the Al khalid to any nation

sri lanka was the one whom has even placed order bt later withdraw.

Sir,

Al-Khalid and MBT-2000 are not the same thing. Al-Khalid is the Pakistan's license built version of MBT-2000. Please, for god sake stop bullsh!tting.

JFT offer all the tech a 4th gen fighter can
and is considered a 4th gen fighter throughout the world except in your case

wait one year till the block 2 enter.
from specs block 2 is comparable to block 52 f-16

Thank God! you did not compare JF-17block1 with F-16block62, coz some of your Pakistani brothers already claimed that JF-17block1 is superior to F-16block52.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom