What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those souls who believe JF-17 is not a derivative of Chengdu J-7:

variants_of_j-7_warplane.jpg

so what if jf17 is a derivative of f7? It is still superior than a f7.

Global Security: Reports:

It is widely reported that the FC-1 is a continuation of the "MiG-33 [R33]" program developed in the 1980s. The Russian company Mikoyan OKB Design Bureau, which designs all MIG series of aircraft, sold the design of MIG-33 to the China and Pakistan. This report is the source of considerable confusion, and indeed some rather fanciful speculation. The so-called MiG-33 design used in conjunction with the FC-1 program was apparently a the poorly attested "Product 33" lightweight single-engine project of the mid-1980s. A decade later, the MiG-33 nomenclature was briefly associated with the much larger twin-engine Mig-29M. This confused history has led to observations that the "FC-1 features air inlets on the lateral sides of the fuselage rather than the ventral inlets of the MiG-33. ... the most apparent modifications to the MiG-33 design is the repositioning of the ventral fins from the engine compartment..." These supposed modifications to the mid-90s MiG-33 design actually reflect the fact that the FC-1 has no design relationship to the MiG-33 [MiG-29M].

In July 2003 it was reported that the "SUPER-7" fighter jet was ready to take its maiden flight, although a detailed timetable was not released. China's Super-7 Fighter completed its taxiing test on July 03, 2003 at a test ground of Chengdu Aircraft Industrial Corporation (CAC). As one of the eight major ground tests that must be completed before test flight, the taxiing test is aimed at trying the correctness of the design of electricity supply system, as well as signal connections between the electricity supply system and other external systems so as to provide important data to guarantee a successful first fly. Leiqiang, deputy director of the Chengdu Flight Group's trial flight department under the Chinese Air Force, said on Tuesday he will carry out the maiden flight task. On the day of the first flight, China Central Television (CCTV) will dispatch a special report group to broadcast the whole flight live. Leiqiang, also a "SUPER-7" pilot, and Yangwei, the jet's designer, who is also regarded as the father of "SUPER-7," will be featured on the CCTV program "Face to Face." On 25 August 2003 the FC-1 airplane carried on the initial flight. It flews 17 minutes before it returned to the airport. The serial production of the aircraft was to begin by January 2006.

Wikipedia:

In 1999, Pakistan and China signed the contract to jointly develop the FC-1/Super 7. Initial difficulties in acquiring an avionics and radar package from Europe led to many problems, which was solved in 2001, when design of the airframe was "de-coupled" from the avionics. In 2003, the maiden flight of the first prototype occurred in China. The Pakistani designation "Super-7", meanwhile, were replaced with "JF-17". Later test flights with a modified design occurred in 2006. Deliveries to the PAF for further flight testing and evaluation began in 2007[11] and the aircraft's first public aerial display took place that year in Islamabad. The PAF officially inducted its first JF-17 squadron, No. 26 Squadron, on 18 February 2010 with fourteen aircraft.

Defense Industry Daily: Reports:

Sino Defense reminds us that the JF-17/FC-1 ‘Xiaolong’ has a long history. The site recalls that China signed a $550 million agreement with Grumman in 1986 to modernise its J-7 fighter (MiG-21 copy) under the “Super-7” upgrade project, with US and British firms competing to provide the engine and avionics. The project was canceled after the Tienanmen Square massacre, but Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation managed to continue the program with its own resources, and the project was eventually re-branded as FC-1 (Fighter China-1).
yes,JFT PT01 once called super-7.but it does not mean that the design of JFT come from J7.
JF-17 Deputychief engineer : PAF combat experience into the design of the jf17 - YouTube

the Deputy chief designer said that the design of JFT come from PAF's combat experience(mainly PAF's F16).he confirm JF17 is a undisputed 4gen (chinese 3rd)fighter in world,he denied the statement of that jf17 is a J7's variant.

The development course of JF17 THUNDER/ FC1 XIAOLONG - YouTube

this cctv interview of all chinese engineer on JF17 project,they also denied the statement of that jf17 is a J7's variant like the Deputy chief designer.indeed,bcz PAF was not satisfied with the original design of SUPER7,So CAC had to redesigned the aircraft .
This is why super-7 was renamed JF17 after the first flight tests of JF17 PT01 in 2003 .The number“17”(>16) means that the new aircraft will beat USA's F16. Do you think a J7's variant can beat USA's F16.LOL.
btw,the real final version of J7 is guizhou JL9.however,JF17 is anything but J7's variant.

The Super-7 project took a different turn after the Western nations refused assistance. Hence, it became the FC-1 project. The JF-17 and F-7 do not have too much in common. Hell, they don't even cosmetically resemble one another.

initially Pakistan asked China to upgrade PAF's F-7 fleet, so CAC came up with the Super-7 with western parts and avionics, but due to the heavy sanctions and embargo the project stalled for several years.. later on Pakistan and China decided to do it with our own, so the project evolved into FC-1... Pakistan and China totaly redesigned the airframe with new specifications, so the techs involved in JF-17 has nothing to do with J-7 (F-7)

yes,JFT PT01 once called super-7.but it does not mean that the design of JFT come from J7.
JF-17 Deputychief engineer : PAF combat experience into the design of the jf17 - YouTube

the Deputy chief designer said that the design of JFT come from PAF's combat experience(mainly PAF's F16).he confirm JF17 is a undisputed 4gen (chinese 3rd)fighter in world,he denied the statement of that jf17 is a J7's variant.

The development course of JF17 THUNDER/ FC1 XIAOLONG - YouTube

this cctv interview of all chinese engineer on JF17 project,they also denied the statement of that jf17 is a J7's variant like the Deputy chief designer.indeed,bcz PAF was not satisfied with the original design of SUPER7,So CAC had to redesigned the aircraft .
This is why super-7 was renamed JF17 after the first flight tests of JF17 PT01 in 2003 .The number“17”(>16) means that the new aircraft will beat USA's F16. Do you think a J7's variant can beat USA's F16.LOL.
btw,the real final version of J7 is guizhou JL9.however,JF17 is anything but J7's variant.

Now, that's really clever. Can you tell me how many of us speak Chinese!?! If I go like that then I can put any video from you-tube where the speaker is talking Chinese or Russian or Hibru and write on top in english that JF-17 is the final derivative of F-22 raptor......lol hahahahahaahhhaaaa

Now, that's really clever. Can you tell me how many of us speak Chinese!?! If I go like that then I can put any video from you-tube where the speaker is talking Chinese or Russian or Hibru and write on top in english that JF-17 is the final derivative of F-22 raptor......lol hahahahahaahhhaaaa

Yeah, nice one troll. Go to the JF-17 forum here, and ask there yourself.

For those souls who believe JF-17 is not a derivative of Chengdu J-7:

variants_of_j-7_warplane.jpg

The poster is in Chinese, which means the Chinese themselves are saying that FC-1/JF-17 Thundar is derived from F-7/MiG-21.
Also, the basic airframe of JF-17 is very similar to F-7

why this Major Shaheb is too much anti 'jf-17'??? I have seen this disease is epidemic in india... But This is the first case in Bangal muluk! And why doesnt he contribute in other bangla threads except for F7bgi?

The poster is in Chinese, which means the Chinese themselves are saying that FC-1/JF-17 Thundar is derived from F-7/MiG-21.
Also, the basic airframe of JF-17 is very similar to F-7

Can you mention one single thing of JF-17 that matches J-7?

The JF-17 is a completely different design compared to the J-7. How can you say the basic air frame is the same considering that even the landing gear positioning and design do not match with each other?

They are completely different designs. Both inside and out. They have absolutely nothing in common.

sorry,china is never an English-speaking country.
If you don't believe me, you can ask other chinese members about it

kT1BN.jpg

hczjY.jpg

There is a hell difference between j7 and jf17.

I'm not anti JF-17. JF-17 is a good 4 generation fighter aircraft when compared with the 3rd generation fighter aircraft. However, when compared to other 4th generation aircraft it doesn't stand a chance. Our Pakistani friends are just keep on denying that fact and also the history of the JF-17. And, they want other country to do a mistake and buy JF-17 to compete against the true 4&4++ generation fighter aircraft. You may buy JF-17 to counter J-7, HAL Tejas, KFIR, FCK-1 but when your neighbors has Mig-29, Mirage-2000 and SU-30MKI you must plan to buy True 4/4++ generation fighter aircraft. So did BAF. The BAF has an ongoing plan to include 20-30 fighter aircraft (Under consideration: Mig-29CMT, F-16Block50/52+, JAS-39, SU-30MK) with in 10-15 years. A procurement of this type for a developing economy needs time. And to fill the gap of this 10-15yrs they have ordered for 16 F-7BGI @ $8.5mln/unit which shall within this 10-15 yrs work as replacement aircraft for the remaining 8F-7MB and 7 A5C both of which were introduced in BAF more than 30 years ago. JF-17 would cost $20mln which is too much for stop-gap aircraft.

Examples of true 4 generation fighter aircraft:
Chengdu J-10, Shenyang J-11, Mikoyan MiG-29/MiG-29M, Mikoyan MiG-31, Sukhoi Su-27/Su-30, Sukhoi Su-33 (navy), Saab JAS 39 Gripen, Panavia Tornado ADV, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F/A-18 Hornet, F-15 Eagle, Mitsubishi F-2.

Examples of true 4++ generation fighter aircraft:
Mikoyan MiG-35, Sukhoi Su-35, Saab JAS 39 Gripen NG, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16 Block 60/62/MMRCA, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet (navy), F-15SE Silent Eagle,

I would say JF-17, HAL Tejas, HESA Saeqeh, IAI Kfir (C.10 and C.12) are 3++ generation fighter aircraft.

I'm not anti JF-17. JF-17 is a good 4 generation fighter aircraft when compared with the 3rd generation fighter aircraft. However, when compared to other 4th generation aircraft it doesn't stand a chance. Our Pakistani friends are just keep on denying that fact and also the history of the JF-17.

Assuming that the JF-17 would be fully integrated, are you speaking from experience I assume?

And, they want other country to do a mistake and buy JF-17 to compete against the true 4&4++ generation fighter aircraft.

Since when did any country buy it? The JF-17 is not even fully integrated yet.

You may buy JF-17 to counter J-7, HAL Tejas, KFIR, FCK-1 but when your neighbors has Mig-29, Mirage-2000 and SU-30MKI you must plan to buy True 4/4++ generation fighter aircraft. So did BAF. The BAF has an ongoing plan to include 20-30 fighter aircraft (Under consideration: Mig-29CMT, F-16Block50/52+, JAS-39, SU-30MK) with in 10-15 years. A procurement of this type for a developing economy needs time. And to fill the gap of this 10-15yrs they have ordered for 16 F-7BGI @ $8.5mln/unit which shall within this 10-15 yrs work as replacement aircraft for the remaining 8F-7MB and 7 A5C both of which were introduced in BAF more than 30 years ago. JF-17 would cost $20mln which is too much for stop-gap aircraft.

Your point being? Your error was that YOU assumed that the JF-17 is a derivative of the F-7, which it isn't.

Examples of true 4 generation fighter aircraft:
Chengdu J-10, Shenyang J-11, Mikoyan MiG-29/MiG-29M, Mikoyan MiG-31, Sukhoi Su-27/Su-30, Sukhoi Su-33 (navy), Saab JAS 39 Gripen, Panavia Tornado ADV, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F/A-18 Hornet, F-15 Eagle, Mitsubishi F-2.

Examples of true 4++ generation fighter aircraft:
Mikoyan MiG-35, Sukhoi Su-35, Saab JAS 39 Gripen NG, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16 Block 60/62/MMRCA, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet (navy), F-15SE Silent Eagle,

What is that? A shopping list for Norway?

I would say JF-17, HAL Tejas, HESA Saeqeh, IAI Kfir (C.10 and C.12) are 3++ generation fighter aircraft.

And factually incorrect.

sorry,china is never an English-speaking country.
If you don't believe me, you can ask other chinese members about it

There is a hell difference between j7 and jf17.

Please see the pic below and tell me if you dont see any similarity:

1681192.jpg

chengdu_grumman_super_7_1.jpg

FIGHT_51108.jpg

JL-9+1240837+uu.jpg

FTC-2000_0476net.jpg

FC_1_04_1.jpg

jf-17-drawing.jpg

04.jpg

jl9_l1.jpg

bf99104450.jpg

Oh.....nooooo...... they look very much the same...... oh no.....it is a derivative of J-7..... can't believe it!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom