What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't doubt. They are not equivalent aircraft. If F-7BGI is like F-16 block 15 then JF-17 is F-16 block 60/62. But what i meant is both the aircraft are derivatives of Chengdu J-7.

:no: :no: :no:

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

For one, i doubt the F-7 has the same payload carrying capacity as JF-17/FC-1 neither doe it have the same amount of Hard points, secondly, the F-7 radar does not have the same range as that of the JF-17/FC-1.

JF-17/FC-1 BLK2 will be equipped with AESA and IRST, along with many more upgrades, which i doubt the F07's will be receiving.

The current JF-17's systems aren't even fully integrated. How would they equip blk 2 with AESA radar? What's the time frame?

Don't doubt. They are not equivalent aircraft. If F-7BGI is like F-16 block 15 then JF-17 is F-16 block 60/62. But what i meant is both the aircraft are derivatives of Chengdu J-7.

Heh heh.. Not its not.. :)

all this is BS first link not working secound link forum member leon write spacifecations without any link and last one is page of web which cover chines fighters . now let me tell you F-7 of bangladesh has nothing special but its f-7 like other models .all these names PG BG NM K GS TG are for users . jf-17 carry c-802 missile which is even big then f-7 overall. you guys need something to proud of so it was 2008 2009 you guys say our mig-29 are world best mig-29 and now you come to F-7 LOLZ latter it will be A-5 which we already parked in corner . funny thing you guys compare that junk with JF-17 for satisfy your ego .

still waiting for your pics ?

you bring these spacifecations of F-7PG?
have some shame let me show you some thing now
F7
Radar Range:- 30-35 KM.
Speed:- 2.0 Mach
Loaded weight: 7,540 kg
Combat radius: 850 km
Air-to-air missiles(WVR): PL-2, PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550, AIM-9
Air to Ground:- Drop Tanks, Unguided Bombs.
Role:- Interceptor
Cost:- $6 to 8 Million

were the hell are GBU? CLUSTER BOMBS?

loaded with GBUs
56181_81560420_laser%20bombe.jpg

sidewinders
Chengdu_F-7_Pakistani_Air_Force.jpg

f7pg_sept7.jpg

a-paf-f-7p-with-its-armament-of-aim-9p-and-hajra-anti-armour-bombs-at-front.jpg

an-f-7pg-with-its-armament-at-the-samungli-air-base-in-pakistan.jpg

CLUSTER BOMBS
f7b.jpg

f7c.jpg

f7f.jpg

all this is BS first link not working secound link forum member leon write spacifecations without any link and last one is page of web which cover chines fighters . now let me tell you F-7 of bangladesh has nothing special but its f-7 like other models .all these names PG BG NM K GS TG are for users . jf-17 carry c-802 missile which is even big then f-7 overall. you guys need something to proud of so it was 2008 2009 you guys say our mig-29 are world best mig-29 and now you come to F-7 LOLZ latter it will be A-5 which we already parked in corner . funny thing you guys compare that junk with JF-17 for satisfy your ego .

still waiting for your pics ?

you bring these spacifecations of F-7PG?
have some shame let me show you some thing now

were the hell are GBU? CLUSTER BOMBS?

loaded with GBUs
56181_81560420_laser%20bombe.jpg

sidewinders
Chengdu_F-7_Pakistani_Air_Force.jpg

f7pg_sept7.jpg

a-paf-f-7p-with-its-armament-of-aim-9p-and-hajra-anti-armour-bombs-at-front.jpg

an-f-7pg-with-its-armament-at-the-samungli-air-base-in-pakistan.jpg

CLUSTER BOMBS
f7b.jpg

f7c.jpg

f7f.jpg

It is possible that F-7BGI will be BVR capable alongwith all other supporting amenities. JF-17 may be a superior plane, but BAF wants to buy planes that are much superior to JF-17 or Mig-29 in the long run, may be after 5 years from now. The purpose of buying F-BGI is to replace A-5s only. An airforce requires planes that serves different purposes. Moreover, BAF is used to F-7 planes because it has one or two sq. of this plane.

BAF wants to select planes from F-16/35, Su-27/30/35 and some other european planes as its mainstay planes in the future. BAF cannot buy now any of these planes for reasons that it has shortage of budget and it has not yet built a proper infrastructure for any of these 4.5+ jets. But, BAF have no reason to buy JF-17 because it wants to buy a little superior plane in the future.

They wanted a 'stop gap' for the A-5s with cheap planes. And the F-7 was the answer :coffee: JF-17 would have been more expensive, even though it is technically superior. Also, because of Hasina :D

It is possible that F-7BGI will be BVR capable alongwith all other supporting amenities. JF-17 may be a superior plane, but BAF wants to buy planes that are much superior to JF-17 or Mig-29 in the long run, may be after 5 years from now. The purpose of buying F-BGI is to replace A-5s only. An airforce requires planes that serves different purposes. Moreover, BAF is used to F-7 planes because it has one or two sq. of this plane.

BAF wants to select planes from F-16/35, Su-27/30/35 and some other european planes as its mainstay planes in the future. BAF cannot buy now any of these planes for reasons that it has shortage of budget and it has not yet built a proper infrastructure for any of these 4.5+ jets. But, BAF have no reason to buy JF-17 because it wants to buy a little superior plane in the future.

How u can think that Americans will give u F 35 and Russians will give u Su 35 , wat u think after 5years your budget can afford such expensive planes?

I don't know if you know this or not, but JF-17 is also a derivative of F-7 just like F-7BGI. China needed funding for their J-20 development and managed it with the funding made by PAF in FC-1 program. FC-1 (Super-7) was 80% developed when PAF invested in the program. China is taking delivery (last delivery 2009) of more J-7 but they are not introducing FC-1 in their service.....WHY!?!

Now just think, Bangladesh or Pakistan, which country is more crazy. LOL.....

I dissent from what you said,The desigen of JF17 does not come from F7. It was mainly influenced by the concept of USA F16.

How u can think that Americans will give u F 35 and Russians will give u Su 35 , wat u think after 5years your budget can afford such expensive planes?

Bangladesh won't be able to afford SU-35 anytime soon. Procuring the increasingly expensive F-35s is merely a pipe dream.

How does F-7BGI compare with IAF's MiG-21 Bisons?

Mig-21 BISON :

NATO Codename: Fishbed.

Indian Name: Trishul, Vikram, Bison.

Type: Single-seat, multi-role fighter.

Current versions in IAF service:

FL (Type 77); ?

M/MF (Type 96); Multi-role version with one R-11-300 turbojet with 13,688 lbs. of thrust. Has 4 pylons which can carry external fuel tanks, air-to-air missiles or twin barrel guns. Has a zero speed, zero altitude ejection seat. The MF variant has a R-11F2S-300 turbojet, otherwise similar to the 'M' variant.

Bis (Type 75); Advanced variant with further improved avionics indicated by the ILS antennae under the nose and on the fin tip. The airframe has a lifespan of 2,685 hours.

Bison; Most advanced variant with further improved avionics incl MFDs, HOTAS, RWRs and BVR Capability.

U/UM/US-Mongol(Type 66); Two seat trainer version with cockpits arranged in tandem, larger main wheels, one piece forward air brake and pilot boom repositioned above intake. Has no cannon armament. Has a broader-chord vertical tail surfaces and a under brake parachute housing, with a deeper dorsal spine and no dorsal fin fillet. One R-13 turbojet and 4 under-wing store pylons.

Accommodation: Bis; Pilot on zero/zero ejection seat with spring loaded arm at top which ensures that seat cannot be operated unless hood is closed. The canopy has a small rear view mirror, a flat bullet proof windscreen and and air-conditioned cabin. Armour plating forward and aft of cockpit. The Bison is equipped with a frameless windshield and a 'Bubble' Canopy.

Avionics: Bis;Standard avionics include automatic radio compass, IFF and a Sirena-3 RWR system. The gyro gun-sight maintains precision up to 2.75 g. Automatic ranging can be fed into gun-sight. Full blind flying instrumentation with attitude and heading indicators given by radio controlled gyro platform. The aircraft also has a search & track radar.

Engine: Depends on aircraft variant.

Maximum Speed: Mach 2.05

Service Ceiling: 15,250 meters (50,000 feet)

G Limit: ?

Combat Radius: Internal fuel - 1100 km; 683 miles.
.....................With internal fuel & four 250 kg. bombs - 370 km; 230 miles.
.....................With two 250kg bombs and drop tanks - 740 km; 460 miles.
.....................A ferry range with three fuel tanks - 1800 km; 1118 miles.

Armament: One twin-barrel 23mm GSh-23 gun with 200 rounds, in the belly pack. Has four under wing pylons for weapons or drop tanks. Can carry air-to-air missiles, rocket pods, bombs, drop tanks and other types of ordnance. In the case of the Bison, the aircraft can carry TV Guided bombs like the KAB 500.

Maximum External Stores Load: FL; 500 kg; 1102 lbs.
..........................................M/MF; 2000 kg; 4409 lbs.
..........................................bis version; 2000 kg; 4409 lbs.
..........................................U/UM/US version; 1000 kg; 2204 lbs.

Self Defence: Depends on the version of the aircraft.

-------------------------------------------

JF-17

Specifications (JF-17/FC-1)

Data from Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

General characteristics

* Crew: 1
* Length: 14.0 m [74] (45.9 ft)
* Wingspan: 9.45 m (including 2 wingtip missiles) [74] (31 ft)
* Height: 4.77 m (15 ft 8 in)
* Wing area: 24.4 m² [74] (263 ft&#178
* Empty weight: 6,411 kg (14,134 lb)
* Loaded weight: 9,100 kg including 2× wing-tip mounted air-to-air missiles [6][75] (20,062 lb)
* Max takeoff weight: 12,700 kg [75] (28,000 lb)
* Powerplant: 1× Klimov RD-93 turbofan
o Dry thrust: 49.4 kN [2][8] (11,106 lbf)
o Thrust with afterburner: 84.4 kN [2][76] (18,973 lbf)
* G-limit: +8.5 g [2]
* Internal Fuel Capacity: 2300 kg (5,130 lb) [6]

Performance

* Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 [6][35] (1,191 knots, 2,205 kph)
* Combat radius: 1,352 km [2] (840 mi)
* Ferry range: 3,000 km [8] (2,175 mi)
* Service ceiling: 16,700 m [8] (54,790 ft)
* Thrust/weight: 0.99 [2][6]

Armament

* Guns: 1× 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel cannon (can be replaced with 30 mm GSh-30-2)
* Hardpoints: 7 in total (4× under-wing, 2× wing-tip, 1× under-fuselage) with a capacity of 3,629 kg (8,000 lb) external fuel and ordnance,
* Rockets: 57 mm, 90 mm unguided rocket pods [78]
* Missiles:
o Air-to-air missiles:
+ Short range: AIM-9L/M, PL-5E, PL-9C
+ Beyond visual range: PL-12 / SD-10
o Air-to-surface missiles:
+ Anti-radiation missiles
+ Anti-ship missiles: AM-39 Exocet
+ Cruise missiles: Ra'ad ALCM
* Bombs:
o Unguided bombs:
+ Mk-82, Mk-84 general purpose bombs
+ Matra Durandal anti-runway bomb
+ CBU-100/Mk-20 Rockeye anti-armour cluster bomb
o Precision guided munitions (PGM):
+ GBU-10, GBU-12, LT-2 laser-guided bombs
+ H-2, H-4 electro-optically guided,[7] LS-6 satellite-guided glide bombs [77]
+ Satellite-guided bombs [7]
* Others:
o Up to 3 external fuel drop-tanks (1× under-fuselage 800 litres, 2× under-wing 800/1100 litres each) for extended range/loitering time

Avionics

* NRIET KLJ-7 multi-mode fire-control radar [49]
* NVG compatible glass cockpit [6]
* Helmet Mounted Sights/Display (HMS/D)
* Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST)
* Externally mounted avionics pods:
o Self-protection radar jammer pod
o Day/night laser designator targeting pod
o Forward Looking Infra-Red (FLIR) pod​

Bangladesh won't be able to afford SU-35 anytime soon. Procuring the increasingly expensive F-35s is merely a pipe dream.

Agree with you brother, and more over BD don't need Heavy fighters. Heavy fighter's maintainance, operation are costly and per sorty time is more.

If BD can get cheaper F16s, It will be best deal for you ppl. F16 still a very good platform.
F16, Grippen, FC1, LCA are good choice for BD. MiG21 is not a good choice. MiG21 is Obsolete now.

But what I see here is BD is purchasing these MiG21 to maintain the depleting fleet. I am sure that some of old MiG21s are going to retire now and BD want to replace it. Its good move.

But when come new procurement, I suggest go for western machines (F16 or grippen), they are class apart.

Agree with you brother, and more over BD don't need Heavy fighters. Heavy fighter's maintainance, operation are costly and per sorty time is more.

If BD can get cheaper F16s, It will be best deal for you ppl. F16 still a very good platform.
F16, Grippen, FC1, LCA are good choice for BD. MiG21 is not a good choice. MiG21 is Obsolete now.

But what I see here is BD is purchasing these MiG21 to maintain the depleting fleet. I am sure that some of old MiG21s are going to retire now and BD want to replace it. Its good move.

But when come new procurement, I suggest go for western machines (F16 or grippen), they are class apart.

Bangladesh used to operate MiG-21s. They were retired back in 1999.

I've often recommended F-16s, it's a good choice for BAF. Gripen is good, but expensive.

Bangladesh used to operate MiG-21s. They were retired back in 1999.
I've often recommended F-16s, it's a good choice for BAF. Gripen is good, but expensive.

Looks like we are on the same note. By MiG21 I meant F7 (Derivative or developed from MiG21).

People are forgetting about B'desh MiG 29 UB
43120_1304213586.jpg

No one is forgetting it, But I think BDAF use it for Air-superiority role (India too use MiG29 for the same role). BDAF is looking for replacing old F7s (may be immediately) with some cost effective measure. F7s are used as point defense role.

In future if BDAF will look to replace MiG29(Air Superiority) they may go for F16 BLK60+, EFT, Su35BM, Grippen or some 5th Gen fighter. If they will replace F7s(point defense) they may go for F16 (Lower block), LCA, FC1.

They wanted a 'stop gap' for the A-5s with cheap planes. And the F-7 was the answer :coffee: JF-17 would have been more expensive, even though it is technically superior. Also, because of Hasina :D

I do not think, Hasina would have been a problem. BAF could have chosen FC1 fighter planes directly from China if it wanted to do so. JF-17 and FC1 are almost same. But, as you have said, BAF wanted to buy F-7BGI as a stop gap measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom