What's new

Bangladesh to become the 2nd biggest economy in SA

Except for 5-6 Indian states states all other states of 22-23 states haves higher per capita GDP vis a vis BD where majority of Indians live...

N if u wanna compare Industrial capacity, exports or forex reserves even in relative terms ur most invited...:agree:

India's top 25 states with highest GDP - Rediff.com Business

Again epic fail... but yes based on 1995 base year may be.

But for now even with present 1995 base year gdp UP and bihar where more then 25% of the Indian lives has lower per capita gdp.

But for now even with present 1995 base year gdp UP and bihar where more then 25% of the Indian lives has lower per capita gdp.

Your nations economists doesnt know that 1995 base GDP calculation is outdated???
Stop speculating kid!!!!

Before 2012 Indias GDP was calculated using 1999 base...dat makes it outdated??

Your post is full of wishful thinking and speculation.So I can only wish you goodluck.And keep your speculation going.We will see what happens after two years:lol:

Why 2 year!!! That I said only for the GDP part. Go and check sub categories of the HDI. India is lagged behind Bangladesh in most of those. Anyway thanks for wishing.

Your nations economists doesnt know that 1995 base GDP calculation is outdated???
Stop speculating kid!!!!

It is done intentionally to get specific advantage for export and to remain in LDC. Bangladesh has already lots of pressure from other countries to quit LDC as most of the export among the LDC countries originated from Bangladesh.

Guess what??75% of Indians live in states with higher per capita income than Bangladesh by your own admmission!!:woot:
But seriously this is no comparison, as a dollar can buy far more in India than in Bangladesh............Raw comparison of data is a very childish thing to do. If you want to make a point on knowledgeable members and not just newbies, I suggest you brush up your economics and fundamentals first.

Why 2 year!!! That I said only for the GDP part. Go and check sub categories of the HDI. India is lagged behind Bangladesh in most of those. Anyway thanks for wishing.
prove it!!!
Which sub catogories....
I am expecting smashing statements like"Naturaly healthcare in Bangladeshis more advanced than India" and other baseless facts

Stop speculating kid!!!!

Before 2012 Indias GDP was calculated using 1999 base...dat makes it outdated??

No India measure GDP based on 2005 base year.

Outdated or not depends on how it was defined and how many new industries have emerged since then. For Bangladesh most of the big industries which is contributing to economy has emerged after 1995 which was not defined on the 1995 base year GDP. Thats why it is outdated and is not reflecting the real GDP.

It is done intentionally to get specific advantage for export and to remain in LDC. Bangladesh has already lots of pressure from other countries to quit LDC as most of the export among the LDC countries originated from Bangladesh.
But doesn't being in LDC do Bangladesh more harm than good?? FDI will be limited, few would be willing to foray, and invest in an LDC..........Hopefully the GoB would utilise the latest base year , next year onwards.
This will help increase employment and incomes, as obviously Aid is far better than Trade. I don't suppose Bangladeshi people like being called citizens of an LDC either........

prove it!!!
Which sub catogories....
I am expecting smashing statements like"Naturaly healthcare in Bangladeshis more advanced than India" and other baseless facts

Why dnt you go and sub divide it and see it. Yes in all the sub category of health in HDI Bangladesh is ahead of India.

So you're manipulating the system for an unfair trade advantage ? I wonder if you also paid for this :azn:

No India measure GDP based on 2005 base year.

Outdated or not depends on how it was defined and how many new industries have emerged since then. For Bangladesh most of the big industries which is contributing to economy has emerged after 1995 which was not defined on the 1995 base year GDP. Thats why it is outdated and is not reflecting the real GDP.

2004 estimates are used T from FY 2011-2012 onwards

Why dnt you go and sub divide it and see it. Yes in all the sub category of health in HDI Bangladesh is ahead of India.

where can I get info on these???

No one want to compare with bangladesh 49% below poverty line and
0 infrastructure....dats why they are begging before chinese....:woot:

''Bangladesh is one of the world's most densely populated countries with 150 million people, 49 percent of whom live below the national poverty line. In addition, child malnutrition rate rates of 48 percent, the second highest in the world, in condition that is tied to the low social status of women in Bangladeshi society.''

I HAVE NO INTENTION TO TROLL, JUST WANNA SHARE, look what i found

in a renowned travel forum- m

German traveller henrik asked

Hi, how would you compare Dhaka to Kolkata? I spent interesting (if not relaxing) time in Kolkata (but not Delhi or Mumbai) and wonder how Dhaka would be by comparison? I also did tourist time in less usual cities such as Freetown, Banjul, Dakar, Kuala Lumpur, Naples or Tehran. I like walking around, inhaling atmosphere, drinking coffee with a view, I like to be in open air and am not a typical museum buff. I need refuges too and am a bit allergic to hassles, stress and touts (and aware that thus I'd better stay in Stockholm).

If I decide for Dhaka, I would certainly want to see some more of the country (in the coming December and January). To be honest, splendid beaches with atmospheric accommodation would rank high (not important to see "the longest beach"). I have no interest though to see all must-sees from north to south. I can happily spend a month there only in the south (just for instance); upon departure, and also a month later, I would not feel as if I missed something.

to which Australian Zoltan replied

Very different from each other.

India tends to have a lot more of the up-front beggars coming to you and asking for handouts. This is very rare in Bangladesh. You would certainly be looked at but not as if you were in a zoo like a caged animal.

The air in Dhaka can vary between very good and a bit polluted - depends on the amount of traffic and the air flow.

If you want a great beach area to visit, St. Martin's Island is (imho) the one to go for. I didn't think much of Cox's Bazaar. In another message, Mahmud indicated that December is high season for C.B. and that may also be the case for S.M.I. so you may have to book early to guarantee a room somewhere.

Dhaka compared to... Kolkata etc. - Lonely Planet travel forum

well, it doesnt mean Bangladesh is richer, just wanted to show you mirror

These are the sub types-
A long and healthy life: Life expectancy at birth
Education index: Mean years of schooling and Expected years of schooling
A decent standard of living: GNI per capita (PPP US$)
Pray tell in which of these is BD ahead of India?? Stop picking false statements out of your head and posting..........

But doesn't being in LDC do Bangladesh more harm than good?? FDI will be limited, few would be willing to foray, and invest in an LDC..........Hopefully the GoB would utilise the latest base year , next year onwards.
This will help increase employment and incomes, as obviously Aid is far better than Trade. I don't suppose Bangladeshi people like being called citizens of an LDC either........

Look many country with much higher GDP is still in LDC... For example Angola with 5200 usd and guinea with 20200 usd. Bangladesh needs couple of more years until it makes a strong industrial base. Now most of the income coming from RMG and foreign remittance. Manufacturing industry is about to take off, IT, Pharmaceuticals, ship building are other emerging sector. We need to increase our export to a certain extent then we cn think of quilting LDC... But LDC countries are urging Bangladesh to quit LDC.

I HAVE NO INTENTION TO TROLL, JUST WANNA SHARE, look what i found

in a renowned travel forum- m

German traveller henrik asked

to which Australian Zoltan replied

Dhaka compared to... Kolkata etc. - Lonely Planet travel forum

well, it doesnt mean Bangladesh is richer, just wanted to show you mirror
Well Kolkata isn't exactly the premier city of India, as is the case of Dhaka, which is the biggest Income generator and has the best infrastructure in Bangladesh. If you want a true comparison of the premier cities of India and Bangladesh, I suggest Mumbai, or even Delhi.

Back
Top Bottom