What's new

Bangladesh T96G?

ProsperBD

Reaction score
Bangladesh have bought the Type96G Main battle tanks.
I was hoping for more information on defence.pk, the admin of bdmilitary has said this.. Type 96G MBTs are modified to meet Bangladesh Army's requirements and so according to those requirements more powerful Ukrainian KMDB 6TD-2 6-cylinder diesel engines were purchased. Those powerpacks produce 1,200 hp (890 kW).-BDM1A1
check the bdmilitary forum for more information..

Do any Bangladeshi members no anything about this?

Well I've heard they received 9+- Type96G for testing and training purpose. Can't provide the source though. Anyways they'll replace the existing setup eventually within the next 6-7 yrs. Probably the type 59's will be replaced. There was a news that the army would go for Yatagan MBT but maybe they have opted for 96.

Edit: Apparently 100 type96g was ordered with ukranian engines but no confirmed source as usual

Bangladesh have bought the Type96G Main battle tanks.
I was hoping for more information on defence.pk, the admin of bdmilitary has said this.. Type 96G MBTs are modified to meet Bangladesh Army's requirements and so according to those requirements more powerful Ukrainian KMDB 6TD-2 6-cylinder diesel engines were purchased. Those powerpacks produce 1,200 hp (890 kW).-BDM1A1
check the bdmilitary forum for more information..

Do any Bangladeshi members no anything about this?

bdmilitary forum is very professional forum and their information seem very authentic as most of its members are link with bd military apparatus .
it will be very helpful if any pdf member have their membership and can share some information regarding Bangladeshi military .the main problem is they don't accept free id like yahoo gmail . :eek:

bdmilitary forum is very professional forum and their information seem very authentic as most of its members are link with bd military apparatus .
it will be very helpful if any pdf member have their membership and can share some information regarding Bangladeshi military .the main problem is they don't accept free id like yahoo gmail . :eek:

you can use email ID provided by your ISP...i use my bsnl Id whenever free ID is not allowed.

you can use email ID provided by your ISP...i use my bsnl Id whenever free ID is not allowed.

Thanks for sharing. i am not sure my zoom ultra provide such facility .:hitwall: i will check it

Thanks for sharing. i am not sure my zoom ultra provide such facility .:hitwall: i will check it

usually ISPs provide one or two email accounts...if they have not provided then do ask to their customer care.

I have checked BDMIlitary Forum. Finally, everyone agreed that T96G is not to be procured, but its 6-cylinder 6DT diesel engines will be. T96G is very heavy at 41.5 ton and is not good for our terrain.

However, the 6DT engine is a work horse with an output of 120 hp or 89 kw. Less than 100 units will be bought and will be assembled in other older tanks that will become our MBTs, lightweight but equipped with powerful engines.

I have checked BDMIlitary Forum. Finally, everyone agreed that T96G is not to be procured, but its 6-cylinder 6DT diesel engines will be. T96G is very heavy at 41.5 ton and is not good for our terrain.

However, the 6DT engine is a work horse with an output of 120 hp or 89 kw. Less than 100 units will be bought and will be assembled in other older tanks that will become our MBTs, lightweight but equipped with powerful engines.

A tank of 41.5 tonnage is not that heavy, it falls in the same category of T-72 (41.5) and T-90(46.5). So what kind of tank is Bangladesh looking for?

Are you sure its only 120 HP?:undecided:: even a corolla gt is more than that.

The type 96G is the primary main battle tank of the PLA and has some 2000-2500 in service. The type 99s are reserved for elite units and only around 500 are in service.

The type 96G approaches the baseline 99s in protection, firepower, mobility, and sensors.

ZTZ96A_Type_96A_main_battle_heavy_tracked_armoured_vehicle_China_Chinese_army_PLA_640.jpg

O! my bad that should provide some mighty acceleration provided the tank is light. In a flat terrain thats more desirable than heavy tanks.

What is other bd forums where registering is not so pain in rear end?

Back
Top Bottom