What's new

Bangladesh Revolution News and Updates

IKB took the responsibility as CAS at 25 June,2012. If he gets retirement this year June, it'll be only one year meaning forceful retirement. Generally one chief comes for a period of 3 years.

On our land fair trial comes on gun point not from tribunal.

but with the kind of political turmoil which is going on the Army moving in should not be that hard, i mean another term of BAL is too dangerous a risk to take its better the Army moves in now & remove BAL from power & this can happen very easily i think it is the question of which of the TWO power will be backing it & who's backing the Army feels more comfortable with so it all come down to the million dollar question will it be the U.S or will it be China

@MBI Munshi @aazidane @PlanetSoldier @kobiraaz @Loki

whats yours take on in this

Last edited by a moderator:
but with the kind of political turmoil which is going on the Army moving in should not be that hard, i mean another term of BAL is too dangerous a risk to take its better the Army moves in now & remove BAL from power & this can happen very easily i think it is the question of which of the TWO power will be backing it & who's backing the Army feels more comfortable with so it all come down to the million dollar question will it be the U.S or will it be China

Don't know man...if army takes over, it has to be under someone with strong leadership because currently it's harder for them to survive there. International pressure, home politics, economic barrier...lots of hindrances are there.

@PlanetSoldier @genmirajborgza786

Army take over now-a-days is frowned upon, even to remove a murderous dictatorial regime like current AL govt. The best option is to have a true unarmed non-violent mass upsurge and then Army taking their side, shielding them from the firing line of politicized police and AL party thugs/goons/cadre. This way the whole world can support such moves both by public exercising their democratic right of un-armed non-violent protest and by the Army, basking in their glory of protecting democracy. Recent Arab Spring events in Tunisia and Egypt are good examples. Unlike Syria or Libya, the bulk of Army in Bangladesh belong to the majority 90% Muslim population without any sectarian divide, just like in Egypt and Tunisia.

If we look back at the coup in Thailand back in 2006, it was highly organized and extremely well planned. Interestingly, the US was critical of it, and China displayed support. This implied Chinese backing.

No sanctions were imposed by the West on Thailand either. And their economy was running smoothly, tourists coming in, and the rule of law was strong. Now that's what I call planning!

I know since I used to live there. And things went as if nothing happened!

For a successful coup to take place, it must be well planned. That is, any potential damage to the country that'd come afterwards must be avoided, or at least minimized.

I cannot say much about a coup in Bangladesh. But what I can certainly say is that it must be well planned. Especially against a strong government like Awami League with powerful backers (no pun intended).

If we look back at the coup in Thailand back in 2006, it was highly organized and extremely well planned. Interestingly, the US was critical of it, and China displayed support. This implied Chinese backing.

No sanctions were imposed by the West on Thailand either. And their economy was running smoothly, tourists coming in, and the rule of law was strong. Now that's what I call planning!

I know since I used to live there. And things went as if nothing happened!

For a successful coup to take place, it must be well planned. That is, any potential damage to the country that'd come afterwards must be avoided, or at least minimized.

I cannot say much about a coup in Bangladesh. But what I can certainly say is that it must be well planned. Especially against a strong government like Awami League with powerful backers (no pun intended).

Difference between BD and Thailand is like North and South poles. Thai peoples' patriotism is second to none in the world. I stayed there only 3 months, their love for motherland impressed me. Sinawatra became a villain to them probably handing over major share of a Thai telecom company to a Singaporean company. Their question was why a Thai company be sold to foreigners. From popular leader that guy turned into villain. Possibly corruption was another reason. Now look at our masses and political parties...did anyone demand fall of ruling govt. or completely ruined the life here protesting a corruption like Padma bridge scam? What would happen in Thailand in similar situation? Sinawatra brought revolutionary change in health section for poor people, he has large fan following...but he had to flee then.

Thai army organizes coup having loyalty to their king, 1st they visit and bow to him. It simply shows their loyalty to motherland. I was surprised to see that this nation everyday shows their tribute to homeland standing twice at 6am and 6pm. Whole the Bangkok city (don't know about outside) has bugle broadcast system where national anthem is played twice a day.

We're no match with them.

1. Witness the havoc that the wrath of two quarreling women can cause. One in power has sold her soul to her masters when she was their guest for 7 long years. The other, though a patriot, is blinded by her affection to her corrupt spineless sons.

2. Unless the military takes over situation will slide to a state when Hasina may find an excuse to call her masters to walk in. The military must not waste any more time in hearing this bakwas lectures of "democracy" and "institution building" bla bla. It has become incumbent on them to take over to save the nation from further bloodshed and destruction.

I would prefer any Begum over military. I think you haven't forget about 70Tk. per KG rice.

I would prefer any Begum over military. I think you haven't forget about 70Tk. per KG rice.

I personally liked the many initiatives taken by MUA/FUA govt. They failed to curb prices of essential commodities due to lack of co-operation from businessmen who were habituated in evading taxes and tariffs and stalled import once they had to pay the govt its due. In a country like BD with no precedence of good governance it has to be implemented piecemeal, otherwise 'Thog bachte gaon ujar' hobe.

Difference between BD and Thailand is like North and South poles. Thai peoples' patriotism is second to none in the world. I stayed there only 3 months, their love for motherland impressed me. Sinawatra became a villain to them probably handing over major share of a Thai telecom company to a Singaporean company. Their question was why a Thai company be sold to foreigners. From popular leader that guy turned into villain. Possibly corruption was another reason. Now look at our masses and political parties...did anyone demand fall of ruling govt. or completely ruined the life here protesting a corruption like Padma bridge scam? What would happen in Thailand in similar situation? Sinawatra brought revolutionary change in health section for poor people, he has large fan following...but he had to flee then.

Thai army organizes coup having loyalty to their king, 1st they visit and bow to him. It simply shows their loyalty to motherland. I was surprised to see that this nation everyday shows their tribute to homeland standing twice at 6am and 6pm. Whole the Bangkok city (don't know about outside) has bugle broadcast system where national anthem is played twice a day.

We're no match with them.

Taksin, and his party are still very popular among working class Thais. He was pretty corrupt too!

Their king = Godlike. They are fiercely loyal to their king. Now that's a real king! :D

Agreed, we are no match for them, but just citing as a reference when it comes to planning coups.

I think you haven't forget about 70Tk. per KG rice.

But...but...

I liked the caretaker alot. Yes many things went wrong but it isn't their fault. Its just goes to shows how corrupted of a nation we are. When gone in the right direction and laws are strict, our economy breaks.

I liked the caretaker alot. Yes many things went wrong but it isn't their fault. Its just goes to shows how corrupted of a nation we are. When gone in the right direction and laws are strict, our economy breaks.

Another important thing to note is the swing of public support/opinion for/of the CTG in that period. Once we realized that good governance had to come at a price we denied to pay that.

Army to play due role: Khaleda

Praising the peaceful role of Bangladesh Army in tackling the recent violence in Bogra, Khaleda hopes the army will play due role in due.

Last Update 24 March,2013 02:06:23 pm 1

Bogra: Praising the peaceful role of Bangladesh Army in tackling the recent violence in Bogra, BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Sunday hoped that the army would also play their due role in due time, reports UNB. “I thanked the army for not firing shots on the common people…They’ve the duty for the country. They can’t play the role of silent spectators. They can’t sit idle. They’ll play their due role in time,” she said. Khaleda said this while addressing a wayside rally at Matidali intersection of Bogra Sadar upazila on her way to Joypurhat. BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia who is on a two-day tour of Bogra and Joypurhat reached Bogra town on Saturday night to visit the violence-hit areas in the districts and meet the families of the victims. The opposition leader said, “Our army works for UN Peacekeeping Mission to maintain peace in foreign countries. If the peace doesn’t prevail in the country, then foreigners will say the Bangladesh army only work to maintain peace in foreign countries. It’s a matter of consideration and I’ll tell everyone to think about it.” Mentioning that the next course of action programmes will be announced tomorrow (Monday), Khaleda said, “We’ll paralyse the country, if necessary. I urge all professionals, both the civil and military ones, to get united.” In her 34-minute speech, the former premier said that the government is firing shots indiscriminately on the innocent people adding that they killed 170 people by carrying out ‘genocide’ and they have to face trial for this. “The genocide can’t continue… we have to stop it. The government which carries out killing has no power to remain in power,” she said. Khaleda observed that the government people are stuffing their pockets through looting and terrorist activities by not carrying out development activities in the country. Terming the government as the looter and killer one, Khaleda alleged that the government wants to remain in power ‘by selling out the country’. “The government is creating issues one after another to hide its failures.” Pointing out that no person, no matter which religion he or she belongs to, is safe in the hands of the present government, Khaleda said, “They (govt) hurled abusive words at bearded persons wearing hats… even the Biswajit belonging to the minority community, could not escape their persecution.” “The government only knows how to destroy and killing but they don’t know how to build. Their history is the history of looting and killing,” Khaleda observed. Reiterating her party stance once again, Khaleda said that no election would be held under this government adding that the election will be held under non-party caretaker government. Khaleda alleged that the government is killing her party men at a time when party is observing three days of mourning for the death of President Zillur Rahman. Khaleda termed the government as a stupid as the government announced public holiday in the afternoon, not for full day as part of a three-day national mourning following the death of President Zillur Rahman. In the rally venue, Khaleda donated tk one lakh each of the seven families who were killed in the recent violence in Bogra. The deceased are Titu Rahman, Abdullah Al Mamun Badal, Selim Miah, Babul Miah, Sabed Ali, Dulu Mollah and Ziaur Rahman.

Army to play due role: Khaleda | National | Rtnn.net

cross posted from another thread:

:rofl:our backbone less armed forces

I think the Army has backbone, it is the Jawans from 90% majority who are the backbone, not officers who are often bought and sold with money and personal interest. Despite Khaled Mosharref's counter coup in 1975, the Jawan's revolted to bring Zia to power. Same thing can happen again this time, only not to bring any Army general to power, but to bring a CTG to power in favor of democracy, a free and fair election:

The event can go down like this:

1. KZ has to unite all anti-India, pro-Bangladesh and pro-democratic forces within the country (BNP, Jamat, 18 party alliance, students, conscious general public, workers etc.)
2. There should be a plan for a non-violent demonstrations and sit in just like Tahrir Square around October or November to demand election under CTG. Facebook, Twitter and other internet based methods as well as SMS texts will have to be used to organize this united group. The best book on Nonviolent resistance will have to be translated to Bengali distributed and studied by all:
From Dictatorship to Democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This vidoe has to be seen by all:
The Power and Potential of Nonviolent Struggle by Gene Sharp - YouTube
3. Connections will have to be made with Egypt and Tunisian Arab Spring movement organizers
4. Once the movement reaches a full swing, then Bangladeshi people will decide which side they are on
5. Army Jawans will also have to decide which side they are on, after Police and AL cader starts their killing operations to suppress this non-violent movement for democracy to hold free fair election and prevent the dictatorial AL govt. to come back to power using a rigged election

So it is a test for Bangladeshi people and the Jawans, if they pass the test they will get democracy, if they fail, they will not. And KZ and her united groups will have no regrets, because they tried with all their power to help the country and perhaps the country was still not ready. Lets see how things turn out.

Back
Top Bottom