What's new

Bangladesh retracts assurances given to Gilani, Hina.

i'm extremely disappointed with the Bangladesh decision, as are many Pakistanis

especially give the fact that we've stood by them almost always on trade and commerce. . .i don't even know what they mean by ''aid for trade'' just because we are lobbying to have tariffs reduced (which incidentally, is a practice which the WTO strives for)

it's kind of ridiculous when the vote of a single country can have an impact on this trade agreement.....votes from so-called competitor nations should not count, for obvious reasons; they have a seperate panel for dispute resolution --if they take any offence or issue to the fact that we are working to end barriers to trade (in the interests of bringing revenues to companies which provide income to people in flood-affected areas)

huh bd is your biggest competitor for eu rmg market share...it doesnt make sense for them to starve themselves to feed you...its just national interest...

well done bd !

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

But weren't Indians earlier protesting against Pakistani arguments of Pakistan having 'preferential trade access to the EU/European markets'?

What happened to all that stuff about 'compete in the market on equal grounds'? Why no criticizm of Bangladesh's comparatively low tariffs on exports to the EU?

And similarly, arguments calling for Pakistan to limit Indian imports into Pakistan, or regulate them and apply higher tariffs, to protect local industry, should be supported by you and other Indians supporting the Bangladesh move.

I am pleasantly surprised by India's decision to not oppose the EU move - my comment was directed more towards specific members who had been arguing against preferential trade access for Pakistan and/or protectionist moves by Pakistan against imports from India to protect local industry.

because they are a LDC (least developed country) in wto terms...while you and us are not...

My point is that I see some of these members cheering the Bangladesh decision to deny Pakistan preferential access to the EU, and justifying their support by arguing that 'Bangladesh has every right to protect its interests'. These same members were also very critical of the GoI and MMS for approving the EU move.

What mms did was plain stupid and anti-national considering that we too have a huge rmg industry competing for the same market on which laks of livelihoods depended upon...thanks to bd...along with them our market is also saved...

if eu wants let them give pakistan aid...not rob peter (india,bd) to pay paul (pak)...

really disappointing. move by bangladesh after all pakistan has always stood by our side in the WTO & Int'l trade bangladesh should have reciprocated by voting for pakistan ,to be honest hasina & her emotinal tirade is now getting quite annoying & out dated.

really disappointing. move by bangladesh after all pakistan has always stood by our side in the WTO & Int'l trade bangladesh should reciprocate by by voting for pakistan

are you ok that lakhs and lakhs of your countrymen will have their livelihoods damaged if this deal went through ?

BD just deceived the Pakistan.........their govt....first was giving assurance that they will vote and at the very last momemt they change their decision.

Let me assure you, you can never expect anything good from the likes of Hasina.

are you ok that lakhs and lakhs of your countrymen will have their livelihoods damaged if this deal went through ?

I suggest you research things a bit before posting ignorant comments. Much of the cotton needed for Bangladesh's garment industry also come from Pakistan.

Hating a particular country does not constitute patriotism. In fact, it's merely a path of trolling.

no, well in fairness to them --i dont think they ever signalled that they would support any drop in tariffs to Pakistan.....it was quite clear from the beginning that they were opposed to any EU trade concession

it's nothing personal, strictly business

though in this case, it's disappointing since Pakistan has always stood by Bangladesh in the international arena

This is absolutely not true. BD lost preferential tariff concession in US market due to the objection of Pakistan backed by Srilanka and India in Doha round talk of WTO. Pakistan always oppose to any concession to BD in western countries. Pakistan bring Bangladesh as reference point while negotiating with the west which hurt our interest.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

really disappointing. move by bangladesh after all pakistan has always stood by our side in the WTO & Int'l trade bangladesh should have reciprocated by voting for pakistan ,to be honest hasina & her emotinal tirade is now getting quite annoying & out dated.

Pakistan is the only country which opposed Bangladesh in WTO. Get year record straight.

Well this arm twisting should be not practiced any further by the Asian countries. If it offers some one more profit that what others make we all have to support it.
BD might have taken a hit for the actions of Pakistan in the past, but enough is enough, lets start with a new page rather than scrible on a old page that is already torn to the max(i mean past)

BD is poorer than Pakistan and they have worked hard to build a good garment manufacturing sector. They have the right to protect their interest.

All their manufacturing sector is Garments.....and all those investors came from Pakistan they invested their money to Banglasdesh (Coz due to our corrupt govt.) we are facing loadshedding of electricity, and investors are taking their money to other poor countries.

I suggest you research things a bit before posting ignorant comments. Much of the cotton needed for Bangladesh's garment industry also come from Pakistan.

Hating a particular country does not constitute patriotism. In fact, it's merely a path of trolling.

oh mr...I have researched well enough..infact we(my family) have three exporting units servicing turkey,eu and US in textile capital of India - tirupur and certainly my knowledge in this is more than you can ever think of....

we also get some of our cotton from pak and egypt..but the rmg that gets manufactured in our countries, even though from the same cotton are in direct and tight cmpetition in those countries and any such move to give a ppreferred quota will drectly undercut the other's markets...

now coming to your case....yes you may get their cotton from them...but certainly you do pay for that and the transaction isover with that.....after that what happens is your respoonsibility....

you guys have special quotas in eu because you are a ld country....now if pak gets the quota your market will be eroded and all the workers servicing that export orders will be rendered workless....

your lecture for pak may be ok...but dont let that exceed the love for your own country......a friendly advice...

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

This is absolutely not true. BD lost preferential tariff concession in US market due to the objection of Pakistan backed by Srilanka and India in Doha round talk of WTO. Pakistan always oppose to any concession to BD in western countries. Pakistan bring Bangladesh as reference point while negotiating with the west which hurt our interest.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Pakistan is the only country which opposed Bangladesh in WTO. Get year record straight.

i may hate pak alright...but these comments are genuinely in appreciation of bd and hasina who has looked out after the interests of bd above anything else...kudos to her....she also saved our market...thanks hasina....:tup:

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Well this arm twisting should be not practiced any further by the Asian countries. If it offers some one more profit that what others make we all have to support it.
BD might have taken a hit for the actions of Pakistan in the past, but enough is enough, lets start with a new page rather than scrible on a old page that is already torn to the max(i mean past)

dude what foolishness is this ? :angry:

do you our textile industry will be directly hurt if this had gone through..consider lakhs of jobs saved in tirupur due to the move by bd.....

again cheers hasina...

your lecture for pak may be ok...but dont let that exceed the love for your own country......a friendly advice...

Not at all.

As a dedicated Capitalist myself, I do respect and encourage healthy competition. For without competition, firms become ineffective at providing high quality products. And this is why Bangladeshi ready-made garment products are generally of high quality.

Not at all.

As a dedicated Capitalist myself, I do respect and encourage healthy competition. For without competition, firms become ineffective at providing high quality products. And this is why Bangladeshi ready-made garment products are generally of high quality.

So........do you intend killing your own market?

dude what foolishness is this ? :angry:

do you our textile industry will be directly hurt if this had gone through..consider lakhs of jobs saved in tirupur due to the move by bd.....

again cheers hasina...

Brother, are you talking out of your full conciousness, I am from Kangayam, and I know what the Tirupur knitwear industry owners have done. They have brought more harm than more good. they have employeed over 1 lak labours, but they have striped the lively hood of over 20 lak farmers by polluting the River Noyal and other water bodies.
The Kniteware industry owners to get thier a$$ into a brand new BMW, and Mercedes have already does us irrecoverable damage. That is the reason that the SupremeCourt of India is handling the pollution case on behalf of the Farmers and has issued strickt orders to close every Dyeing and Bleaching Industry that has not implement ZETP(Zero Efuluent Treatment Plant).
I myself a farmer, know how much harm has been made.
As the Dying and Bleaching industries are closed most of the operations in Tirpur, we have to leave a better place for the comming generations, not to destroy the environment.
Because of the Suprem Court order only, India planed to move the Kniteware industry to BD in the first place, because the pollution that they do in the giver ganges at it mouth is directly disipated into the sea, and the sea is highly basic in chemical and is capable of disolving the harmful chemicals.

I hope you got it.
I am against the Garments Industry in Tirupur, you might be for it, but the Suprem Court of India is against it and are with farmers like me.

Brother, are you talking out of your full conciousness, I am from Kangayam, and I know what the Tirupur knitwear industry owners have done. They have brought more harm than more good. they have employeed over 1 lak labours, but they have striped the lively hood of over 20 lak farmers by polluting the River Noyal and other water bodies.
The Kniteware industry owners to get thier a$$ into a brand new BMW, and Mercedes have already does us irrecoverable damage. That is the reason that the SupremeCourt of India is handling the pollution case on behalf of the Farmers and has issued strickt orders to close every Dyeing and Bleaching Industry that has not implement ZETP(Zero Efuluent Treatment Plant).
I myself a farmer, know how much harm has been made.
As the Dying and Bleaching industries are closed most of the operations in Tirpur, we have to leave a better place for the comming generations, not to destroy the environment.
Because of the Suprem Court order only, India planed to move the Kniteware industry to BD in the first place, because the pollution that they do in the giver ganges at it mouth is directly disipated into the sea, and the sea is highly basic in chemical and is capable of disolving the harmful chemicals.

I hope you got it.
I am against the Garments Industry in Tirupur, you might be for it, but the Suprem Court of India is against it and are with farmers like me.

mate im from muthur near kangayem on the route to kodumudi and i know the issue....

im asking for the sake of lakhs and lakhs of labourers whose livelihood depends on the textile export business....

what you are saying makes no sense because instead of treting the problem you are asking for the blanket closure of all units...they should be made to build efflunt treatment plants so that both agri and textile industry prosper...tirupur contributes more than billion dollars annually to our exports...it would be a diaster shutting it down for the entire region and the economy of both kongunad and tamilnadu....

p.s.; are you a kounder ?....im 99% sure yes..because kangeyam is our kottai :smokin:

no, well in fairness to them --i dont think they ever signalled that they would support any drop in tariffs to Pakistan.....it was quite clear from the beginning that they were opposed to any EU trade concession

it's nothing personal, strictly business

though in this case, it's disappointing since Pakistan has always stood by Bangladesh in the international arena

stood by how in the ' international arena'... ?

mate im from muthur near kangayem on the route to kodumudi and i know the issue....

im asking for the sake of lakhs and lakhs of labourers whose livelihood depends on the textile export business....

what you are saying makes no sense because instead of treting the problem you are asking for the blanket closure of all units...they should be made to build efflunt treatment plants so that both agri and textile industry prosper...tirupur contributes more than billion dollars annually to our exports...it would be a diaster shutting it down for the entire region and the economy of both kongunad and tamilnadu....

p.s.; are you a kounder ?....im 99% sure yes..because kangeyam is our kottai :smokin:
Its not feasible to do Garments business with out poluting the water bodies,
I had watched the endless greed of the Garment owners intrest for money and their attitude for polluting the waters.
The labours can find alternative jobs only and if only the Dyeing owners are not capable of implementing ZETP. if they are not then its good for the comming generations if the plants are closed.

I am from the caste that you have mentioned, but I am for the caste system abolishment.
The resaon whay we lost the battle in SL is because of the caste system in TN that divided us from standing united against a genocide of our very own brothers and sisters.

Back
Top Bottom