What's new

Bangladesh protests Pakistan Parliament resolutions

Really this song sounds crap. And use of such words always work on Bangladeshis like charm, like the phrase: Digital Bangladesh. India is far ahead in digitalization and technology than BD, would Indians care if their politicians use such phrase?! Now the new word is being used which is "Shonkha loghu", lol.

Urdu could make the communication easier and then bring more unity between two wings, but these BAL, Many Hindus, and leftists never wanted united Pakistan. I am sure they will not utter a sound if all Bangladeshis start talking in Hindi gradually; they are very mean minded.
the strange thing is Urdu/Hindustani was already used as inter-province communication in S. Asia for decades and centuries. no one needed to re-invent the wheel. in Bengal, Urdu (besides Farsi) was the language of the educated. Non-Muslims practiced it as well. having it as the one state language would only reinforce this custom. it would never 'stop' anyone from practicing their own provincial language because that would be impossible even if a world superpower tried to and it was never meant to 'stop' literary work in any provincial language

@khair_ctg , this language issue like the unfair economic treatment issue between two wings, was blown out of proportion, in my opinion, to rile up the Hujuge Bangali and brainwash our people, starting with the leaders and then using these leaders, the masses, to prepare them for "independence" and eventual breakup of Pakistan.

I really don't know the details of how things were done back then, but if it was up to me, I would do it like this:

- Use English as the official language (for official work)
- keep all others Bengali, Punjabi etc., including Urdu as provincial language, keeping them as official languages for regions where they were mother tongue. So in this scheme, only Karachi city would get Urdu as their official language, as the majority there I believe are migrants and Urdu speakers

Just because Bengali speakers were majority, they had no right to impose their language on entire Pakistan, just like Urdu speakers had no right to establish their language as the official or state language, forcing people to learn it, even if they did not want to.

Having said that, if Pakistan stayed intact, then I believe Urdu would automatically become the "unofficial" common language, just like it used to be in all of South Asia, before the partition of 1947, as it was somewhat understood by majority speakers in both Western and Eastern wing.

Of course Indians did not like Muslim rule influenced Urdu, so they created a new sanskritized version called Hindi and changed the script to Devnagari, just so they can utilize this living common language. Hindi is a project that keeps evolving with dropping of original Persian, Turkic and Arabic words of Urdu, replacing them with Sanskrit words.

English as the only official language, should have been the only language that people in Pakistan were forced to learn, and most educated people knew it anyways. This should have made them more globally aware and productive in international business, trade, education, jobs etc.

In the Indian sponsored brainwashing of our leaders, the Kolkata intellectual class, along with East Pakistan elite and educated Hindu's, I believe played a major role, using the common language and script as a weapon to influence their relatively more unsophisticated minds via literature, news media etc. That is why I support introducing both Arabic and English alphabets, in addition to the original Bangla alphabets, as additional options available for people who want to use them, so we can slowly phase out and take away at least this common alphabet weapon from their arsenal. And for Bengali, we should start dropping as many Sanskrit words as possible in phases and replace them with Arabic and English loan words.

Hindi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Indian constitution, adopted in 1950, declares Hindi shall be written in the Devanagari script and will be the official language of the Federal Government of India.[6] However, English continues to be used as an official language along with Hindi. Hindi is also enumerated as one of the twenty-two languages of the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India, which entitles it to representation on the Official Language Commission.[7] The Constitution of India has effectively instituted the usage of Hindi and English as the two languages of communication for the Union Government. Most government documentation is prepared in three languages: English, Hindi, and the primary official language of the local state, if it is not Hindi or English.

The dialect upon which Standard Hindi is based is khadiboli, the vernacular of Delhi and the surrounding western Uttar Pradesh and southern Uttarakhand region. This dialect acquired linguistic prestige in the Mughal Empire (17th century) and became known as Urdu, "the language of the court". In the late 19th century, the Hindutva movement started to standardize Hindi as a separate language from Urdu. In 1881 Bihar accepted Hindi as its sole official language replacing Urdu and thus became the first state of India to adopt Hindi.

After independence, the government of India instituted the following conventions:[original research?]

• standardisation of grammar: In 1954, the Government of India set up a committee to prepare a grammar of Hindi; The committee's report was released in 1958 as "A Basic Grammar of Modern Hindi"
  • standardisation of the orthography, using the Devanagari script, by the Central Hindi Directorate of the Ministry of Education and Culture to bring about uniformity in writing, to improve the shape of some Devanagari characters, and introducing diacritics to express sounds from other languages.
The Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi as the Official Language of the Union on 14 September 1949. Hence it is celebrated as Hindi Day.

Last edited:
@khair_ctg , this language issue like the unfair economic treatment issue between two wings, was blown out of proportion, in my opinion, to rile up the Hujuge Bangali and brainwash our people, starting with the leaders and then using these leaders, the masses, to prepare them for "independence" and eventual breakup of Pakistan.

I really don't know the details of how things were done back then, but if it was up to me, I would do it like this:

- keep all others Bengali, Punjabi etc., including Urdu as provincial language, keeping them as official languages for regions where they were mother tongue. So in this scheme, only Karachi city would get Urdu as their official language, as the majority there I believe are migrants and Urdu speakers

Just because Bengali speakers were majority, they had no right to impose their language on entire Pakistan, just like Urdu speakers had no right to establish their language as the official or state language, forcing people to learn it, even if they did not want to.

Having said than, if Pakistan stayed intact, then I believe Urdu would automatically become the "unofficial" common language, just like it used to be in all of South Asia, before the partition of 1947, as it was somewhat understood by majority speakers in both Western and Eastern wing.

Of course Indians did not like Muslim rule influenced Urdu, so they created a new sanskritized version called Hindi and changed the script to Devnagari, just so they can utilize this living common language. Hindi is a project that keeps evolving with dropping of original Persian, Turkic and Arabic words of Urdu, replacing them with Sanskrit words.
unique proposition but interestingly it was the same thing my father said about English. and i totally agreed with the highlighted part

did he make a mistake or many Bengalis made a mistake? what makes you think 99.9% of Dhaka "couldn't speak Urdu"? do i have to start teaching you now about Urdu or Hindustani's history in Bengal? there is still an entire community in Puran Dhaka, and some of them of course settled in new Dhaka and elsewhere as well, that are Urdu speakers. and these are ethnic Bengalis that i am talking about. i have every reason to believe a bunch of leftists started movements and started crap slogans like "ora amar mukker vhasa kare nite chay". when people distort facts like that, what else do you call them but "enemies"? do you call them "factually challenged" or what "self-respect-deficient" or maybe "nationality-confused"??

Urdu is a subcontinental cross-provincial language and if there was one language that could be state language of United Pakistan, it was Urdu and Urdu alone. but Bengali was unfairly made another state language in 1956 - why? even if you were right - in an extreme hypothetical scenario - that 0.1% of Dhaka "could speak Urdu", because of the extent of it's use in entire subcontinent, there was no problem if Urdu was the only medium for cross-provincial communication and hence it was the only state language. being the only state language, it would only be corroborating a custom that was being followed for a long time and is followed today i.e. Urdu was a neutral language for people with different provincial languages, like a Gujarati person with Bengali person, Punjabi with Sindhi, and so on. and if your fact distortion of "0.1% of Dhaka" was true, works like Dewan, Miftah ul Adab, Siratunnabi, Gulzar-e-Naat, Tawarikh-e-Jahangirnagar, Hayat-e-Sukrat and weeklies and montlies like Ahsan ul Kasas and Jadu wouldn't come out of Dhaka. and this is mostly the colonial period, excluding the time of independent Mughal era, and post-1947 when the Urdu literary works got further boost as non-Bengali migrants from India settled. and these few works i mentioned were just out of Dhaka, not other parts of East Bengal or Bengal. there was a tremendous amount of Urdu work coming out of Calcutta during British rule.

Please stop the misinformation and unnecessary hatred. what's your take on this or if you wanted to add anything
@Syed Naved @Saiful Islam @kalu_miah @genmirajborgza786 @Al-zakir @Skies @Md Akmal

I can assure you that most Bangladeshis can speak Urdu, "amar shunar Bangla" but what is happening now in Bangladesh, everyone is incorporating Hindi words into Bangla, even the regional dialects of Bangla. If you can speak Hindi then I can assure you that it's not hard to speak Urdu.

I forgot his name but a few quick searches you will find it, a Bangali Deobandi Shiekh who was a student of Hussain Ahmad Hanafi, and he translated Bukhari into Urdu and explained Bukhari in Urdu, and this same translation is still popular in Pakistan.

IamNOTBengali seems to take in things he likes to see.

Having said that, if Pakistan stayed intact, then I believe Urdu would automatically become the "unofficial" common language, just like it used to be in all of South Asia, before the partition of 1947, as it was somewhat understood by majority speakers in both Western and Eastern wing.

I also wanted to add that no one, including native urdu-speakers, could actually force urdu/hindustani in a land where it naturally existed. although propaganda and political rhetoric presented it like "an alien language being imposed on us" to many gullible Bengalis. "force" may have been a correct word for Pushtuns in the west. but heck even many Afghanis today speak some Urdu/Hindustani, especially the ones from Kabul

I can assure you that most Bangladeshis can speak Urdu, "amar shunar Bangla" but what is happening now in Bangladesh, everyone is incorporating Hindi words into Bangla, even the regional dialects of Bangla. If you can speak Hindi then I can assure you that it's not hard to speak Urdu.

I forgot his name but a few quick searches you will find it, a Bangali Deobandi Shiekh who was a student of Hussain Ahmad Hanafi, and he translated Bukhari into Urdu and explained Bukhari in Urdu, and this same translation is still popular in Pakistan.

IamNOTBengali seems to take in things he likes to see.
i'm not sure about Hindi because regional dialects are more similar to Urdu/Hindustani anyways. i know that from my chatgaiya and noakhailla. but adding sanskrit words into our Bangla has been going on for some time now

Last edited:
@khair_ctg

Kalu Bhai. can you blame them for doing this?

I do not blame them. As a matter of fact, I respect them because they value their cultural identify. They are Hindu, hence they are replacing them with Sanskrit. I as a Muslim do not blame them at all.

In Pakistan, They heavily Arabized/personalized Urdu vocabulary. They are also proud of their cultural and religious identity. They place Islam over anything else(at-least when comes to identity).

Bangladesh is different. We are F#CK#D up(excuse my language) nation with F#UC#D up attitude. We actually replacing our original Farsi/Arabic words with Sanskrit, and gradually adopting all kinds of Hindu culture as our own while giving up Islamic culture by treating as foreign element . Why is it that we claim our self as Muslim yet we like Hindu related stuff. Nationally, not individually.

Let me give you some example:

Culture/religious: There is an attempt to make Boishakhi Mela bigger than Eid. As a matter of fact, dhoti loving Islamic name murtids in Bd celebrate it with more enthusiasm then Hindus in west Bengal.

Language: Assalamualikum-Khuda hafeez no longer aired in television. Persian words Khushamdeed is gone for good and it was replaced by Sawgatam(Sanskrit). Arabic words Salam/Du'a is becoming shubechaa/partona and so on.

Can you say we are true to our-self?

did he make a mistake or many Bengalis made a mistake? what makes you think 99.9% of Dhaka "couldn't speak Urdu"? do i have to start teaching you now about Urdu or Hindustani's history in Bengal? there is still an entire community in Puran Dhaka, and some of them of course settled in new Dhaka and elsewhere as well, that are Urdu speakers. and these are ethnic Bengalis that i am talking about. i have every reason to believe a bunch of leftists started movements and started crap slogans like "ora amar mukker vhasa kare nite chay". when people distort facts like that, what else do you call them but "enemies"? do you call them "factually challenged" or what "self-respect-deficient" or maybe "nationality-confused"??

Urdu is a subcontinental cross-provincial language and if there was one language that could be state language of United Pakistan, it was Urdu and Urdu alone. but Bengali was unfairly made another state language in 1956 - why? even if you were right - in an extreme hypothetical scenario - that 0.1% of Dhaka "could speak Urdu", because of the extent of it's use in entire subcontinent, there was no problem if Urdu was the only medium for cross-provincial communication and hence it was the only state language. being the only state language, it would only be corroborating a custom that was being followed for a long time and is followed today i.e. Urdu was a neutral language for people with different provincial languages, like a Gujarati person with Bengali person, Punjabi with Sindhi, and so on. and if your fact distortion of "0.1% of Dhaka" was true, works like Dewan, Miftah ul Adab, Siratunnabi, Gulzar-e-Naat, Tawarikh-e-Jahangirnagar, Hayat-e-Sukrat and weeklies and montlies like Ahsan ul Kasas and Jadu wouldn't come out of Dhaka. and this is mostly the colonial period, excluding the time of independent Mughal era, and post-1947 when the Urdu literary works got further boost as non-Bengali migrants from India settled. and these few works i mentioned were just out of Dhaka, not other parts of East Bengal or Bengal. there was a tremendous amount of Urdu work coming out of Calcutta during British rule.

Please stop the misinformation and unnecessary hatred. what's your take on this or if you wanted to add anything
@Syed Naved @Saiful Islam @kalu_miah @genmirajborgza786 @Al-zakir @Skies @Md Akmal

Does that Indian imported dog know that Farsi was official language of Bengal until 1838? Bhaktiyar Khilji, khan Jahan ali, Muslim sultanate of Bengal, Ali Vardi Khan, Siraj-ud-dawala to Dacca Nawab were either Farsi/Urdu speaker. If some one deny that Farsi/Urdu is not part of our heritage then we can call that person pure Bastard/Haraami. Am I wrong on this?

Qomi Madrasah still teach Urdu/Farsi.

Last edited:
Kalu Bhai. can you blame them for doing this?

I do not blame them. As a matter of fact, I respect them because they value their cultural identify. They are Hindu, hence they are replacing them with Sanskrit. I as a Muslim do not blame them at all.

In Pakistan, They heavily Arabized/personalized Urdu vocabulary. They are also proud of their cultural and religious identity. They place Islam over anything else(at-least when comes to identity).

Bangladesh is different. We are F#CK#D up(excuse my language) nation with F#UC#D up attitude. We actually replacing our original Farsi/Arabic words with Sanskrit, and gradually adopting all kinds of Hindu culture as our own while giving up Islamic culture by treating as foreign element . Why is it that we claim our self as Muslim yet we like Hindu related stuff. Nationally, not individually.

Let me give you some example:

Culture/religious: There is an attempt to make Boishakhi Mela bigger than Eid. As a matter of fact, dhoti loving Islamic name murtids in Bd celebrate it with more enthusiasm then Hindus in west Bengal.

Language: Assalamualikum-Khuda hafeez no longer aired in television. Persian words Khushamdeed is gone for good and it was replaced by Sawgatam(Sanskrit). Arabic words Salam/Du'a is becoming shubechaa/partona and so on.

Can you say we are true to our-self?
yes all that is 100% true on television and more.. for departing, "shubharatri" instead khoda hafez, let alone proper salam or Allah hafeez, because otherwise it would sound "too Muslim". then "shubrobhat" instead of salam WTH!

yes all that is 100% true on television and more.. for departing, "shubharatri" instead khoda hafez, let alone proper salam or Allah hafeez, because otherwise it would sound "too Muslim". then "shubrobhat" instead of salam WTH!

Just shitty and pure garbage. Raise your voice and you will be label as extremist by Indian imported dogs. Alim ulama has been cornered by this anti-Islamic force. Alim ulama also screwed up. I don't understand what the hell is their problem. So called Muslim loving party called BNP failed us miserably. They had all the time in hand yet could not neutralized enemy forces. Bloody idiots.

Some time ego, I said Bangladesh is a country with Hindu head on Muslim body. We are totally screwed up and this has been happening because we adopted a langue that was shaped by Hindus. We gave up our Farsi, Musalmani Bangla/Urdu by replacing it with Tagorized Bangla. Lanat on us.

Does that Indian imported dog know that Farsi was official language of Bengal until 1838? Bhaktiyar Khilji, khan Jahan ali, Muslim sultanate of Bengal, Ali Vardi Khan, Siraj-ud-dawala to Dacca Nawab were either Farsi/Urdu speaker. If some one deny that Farsi/Urdu is not part of our heritage then we can call that person pure Bastard/Haraami. Am I wrong on this?

Qomi Madrasah still teach Urdu/Farsi.

I think majority of Bangladeshi's faught for language (bengali) in "Bhasha Anadolon". This was unique at that time .

" In 1948, the Government of the Dominion of Pakistan ordained Urdu as the sole national language, sparking extensive protests among the Bengali-speaking majority of East Bengal. Facing rising sectarian tensions and mass discontent with the new law, the government outlawed public meetings and rallies. The students of the University of Dhaka and other political activists defied the law and organised a protest on 21 February 1952. The movement reached its climax when police killed student demonstrators on that day. The deaths provoked widespread civil unrest. After years of conflict, the central government relented and granted official status to the Bengali language in 1956."

Bengali Language Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think in the history of mankind this was the first ocassion when people gave there life for the honour of their Monther Tongue. United Nation recognised the day 21st Feb as "International Mother Tongue Day". Finally East Pakistan got independence in the name of Bengali language. All over the world , I found Bengali/Bangladeshis are proud of there language.

You told "Arabic words Salam/Du'a is becoming shubechaa/partona and so on."----- This statement proves for sure that you are not a Bengali Speaking person. Probably you are a Bihari Muslim stuck in Bangladdesh against your will. Otherwise you were aware that both the words are Bengali and not Hindi. These words are not newly inducted and used in Bengali literature even by Najrul Islam, Mujtafa Ali, Rabindra Nath Tagore (Nobel Laureate) even in late 19th Century and early 20th Century. They also used Farsi words Gul, khub, Shabnam, Bagicha etc in Bengali Literature as they became Bengali words. These foreign words actually enriched the language.

And for your further information Bengali is a 1000+ year old language , older than both Hindi and Urdu. It came from Pali language in which majority Budhist Scriptures were written. The national song of India, national anthem of India, and the national anthem of Bangladesh were composed in the Bengali language.

"Why is it that we claim our self as Muslim yet we like Hindu related stuff. Nationally, not individually "---- British Muslim speaks in English, French Muslims speak in French, Spanish Muslims speak in Spanish, Thai Muslims speak in Thai ---similarly Bengali Muslims speaks in Bengali. Religion has no role in Mother Tongue. Please correct if I am wrong. In Thailand the name of main Airport is "Subarnabhumi" which is a Sanskrit word---they did not become Hindu for that.

By the way , I hope you are not claiming that your origin is not from this sub-continent and actually you are a descendant of Turk or Arabic :) :)

Last edited:
By the way , I hope you are not claming that your origin is not from this sub-continent and actually you are a descendant of Turk or Arabic

You seem to be new here, you are talking to a Sylheti Turk. :lol:

unique proposition but interestingly it was the same thing my father said about English. and i totally agreed with the highlighted part

No other language but Urdu made any sense; why should I as a Kashmiri born & bred in Punjab with either Koshur or Punjabi as 'my' languages be asked to relearn the Bengali Language that I've never been exposed to ? Why should a Pukhtoon ? A Baluch ? A Sindhi ? Or any of our dozens upon dozens of Linguistic Groups be asked to learn a language & then take it as the National Language of the country just because the Bengalis were in the majority ? Sounds like a Majoritarian Imposition than anything else !

And whilst none of us knew Bengali even by a long shot quite a few people from Bangladesh knew Urdu for it to serve as the only impartial choice to be our lingua franca; impartial because it is spoken as the Mother Tongue by less than 9% of Pakistanis even after all these years which means back then this would be even less.

English is a language that one needs for advancement in the world & it already exists as Pakistan's Official Language & Language for the Medium of Instruction but a National Language is supposed to foster a sense of Nationhood...a sense of Collectivity - What other language than that which was understand, in varying degrees, across the length & breadth of a United Pakistan than Urdu would've made sense to bring us together ?

So whereas we were wrong in a lot of things.....on the Language Issue, however, it was the Bengalis who were wrong !

You seem to be new here, you are talking to a Sylheti Turk. :lol:

Nice to see that Bangladeshis are also claiming Arabian and Turkish ancestry :eek:

So whereas we were wrong in a lot of things.....on the Language Issue, however, it was the Bengalis who were wrong !

Thats why UN declared 23rd Feb as " International Mother Tongue Day" to celebrate Bangladeshi wrong doing :)

Last edited:
Just shitty and pure garbage. Raise your voice and you will be label as extremist by Indian imported dogs. Alim ulama has been cornered by this anti-Islamic force. Alim ulama also screwed up. I don't understand what the hell is their problem. So called Muslim loving party called BNP failed us miserably. They had all the time in hand yet could not neutralized enemy forces. Bloody idiots.

Some time ego, I said Bangladesh is a country with Hindu head on Muslim body. We are totally screwed up and this has been happening because we adopted a langue that was shaped by Hindus. We gave up our Farsi, Musalmani Bangla/Urdu by replacing it with Tagorized Bangla. Lanat on us.
.....well this should be shocking to anyone, including me even if i account for the perpetual deterioration post-Siraj-ud-daula. indians for some reason are always desperate to oppose these facts whenever these are talked about (these aren't just opinions, these are facts), and an indian above has already done so. i liked how the above indian already certified Bengali Muslims as Bihari Muslim and because of that, also sincerely demanded that they are no longer Bangladesh nationals. ????
just tells me a lot about the indian/Hindu psyche that if they had prior perception of something and if that contributes to their status quo, they will try to enforce it by hook or crook and correction in light of new clear knowledge would be 'sinful'. it is also frightening to what length they will go to enforce their politics. the indians will try to put it that you are exaggerating and even i wish that was true. but all this is just reality

No other language but Urdu made any sense; why should I as a Kashmiri born & bred in Punjab with either Koshur or Punjabi as 'my' languages be asked to relearn the Bengali Language that I've never been exposed to ? Why should a Pukhtoon ? A Baluch ? A Sindhi ? Or any of our dozens upon dozens of Linguistic Groups be asked to learn a language & then take it as the National Language of the country just because the Bengalis were in the majority ? Sounds like a Majoritarian Imposition than anything else !

And whilst none of us knew Bengali even by a long shot quite a few people from Bangladesh knew Urdu for it to serve as the only impartial choice to be our lingua franca; impartial because it is spoken as the Mother Tongue by less than 9% of Pakistanis even after all these years which means back then this would be even less.

English is a language that one needs for advancement in the world & it already exists as Pakistan's Official Language & Language for the Medium of Instruction but a National Language is supposed to foster a sense of Nationhood...a sense of Collectivity - What other language than that which was understand, in varying degrees, across the length & breadth of a United Pakistan than Urdu would've made sense to bring us together ?

the proposition of English was with pure hindsight..sole state language status of Urdu would only serve as a continuation of age-old Urdu practice in Bengal and of course elsewhere. and it was even supposed to continue today 'unofficially' if it weren't for the political engineering.

Back
Top Bottom