What's new

Bangladesh protests Pakistan Parliament resolutions

Jinnah didn't agree with Bengalis demand hence Bengalis don't like Jinnah.

Demand refused by Jinnah
  1. Bengali will be:
    1. the medium of instruction in East Pakistan;
    2. the court language of East Pakistan; and
    3. the official language of East Pakistan.
  2. Urdu and Bengali will be the two official languages of the Central Government of Pakistan.
  3. Bengali will be the first language for the purpose of education in East Pakistan which will be learnt by 100 percent of people;
    1. Urdu may be treated as the second language or inter-wing language in East Pakistan which can be taught as a second language to those people who will be working in West Pakistan. It will be more than adequate if Urdu is learn by only 5% to 10% of population of East Pakistan. Urdu may be taught in higher classes at the secondary school level in East Pakistan; and
    2. English will be the third or international language of East Pakistan.
  4. Both English and Bengali will be used for a few years as the official languages in East Pakistan."
Pakistaner Rashtra Bhasha: Bangla Na Urdu? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So do enlighten us, Same thing was applied on West Pakistan, on all it's four provinces, but they didn't rebelled why???? Urdu was a symbol of nationalism so all pakistani's can unite on one thing instead of promoting racism.

Urdu which they could speak and write was a foreign language, but English is their master's language.

Dont put your heed on him, all Bangladeshis who are connected to dish cable knows and like Hindi, also many Bangladeshis practice Hindi, and they do not have any problem in that, all they have problem with Urdu as it has a close relation with PK. Nothing else.

I am talking bout Muslims of Subcontinent as a whole. What has Muslims of Pakistan has to do with it? Or you mean only Muslims of Pakistan are true muslims else all are farce? What?

You are so authoritatively saying Pakistani muslims are ISLAM=ARABIC=URDU blah blah. Than you tried to equate culture and Islam in Pakistan.

You need a proper schooling about culture in Pakistan.

Fresh beginning will take time bro. For that PAK also has its fair share of work. For eg. PAK gov,establishment, diplomats, intellectuals did criminal negligence in debunking some 71 myths such as 3 million death internationally. It was indians that shaped 71 history. Diplomatically PAK should debunk such myths and help pro-BD intellectuals establish facts so that both countries can reconcile with their respective history. Both BD and PAK can have their versions of hisotry but keeping facts intact and not giving room for animosities to be flared by 3rd parties. That would be the biggest contribution PAK can do to the victims of 71 (both bengalis and non-bengalis) IMHO.

Having said that, PAK should be cautious abt how to deal with awami BD. I say keep a small profile and don't give ammunition to a already politically ruined Hasina. BAL will be ousted soon inshallah and after that BD would need a long reconciliation process to cope with the violence and death of the last 5 years. Pray for BD so that we can both move forward.

I wish all the best to my Bangali brothers and sisters and hopefully as you have stated, things will move towards it and no third party will inshallah be able to come in between us...

So do enlighten us, Same thing was applied on West Pakistan, on all it's four provinces, but they didn't rebelled why???? Urdu was a symbol of nationalism so all pakistani's can unite on one thing instead of promoting racism.

The reason is British promoted Urdu as an official language in Punjab while they didn't promote Urdu in Bengal.

I doubt even 10 BDians can write Urdu.

English is an int'l language. So this is not the same thing but even today you go in BD and speak in English. Most people can't speak English properly. Even my skill in English is not good at all. I studied in Bangla medium where everything was in Bengali apart from one English book.

If English is an International language, Urdu was national language back then. Bengali language was a regional language. If promoting Urdu language in West Pakistan hasn't diminished or destroyed Punjabi,Sindhi,Baluchi,Pushto than how could have it destroyed bengali language????

I guess Benglias doesn't know what UNITY is.

Dont put your heed on him, all Bangladeshis who are connected to dish cable knows and like Hindi, also many Bangladeshis practice Hindi, and they do not have any problem in that, all they have problem with Urdu as it has a close relation with PK. Nothing else.

BAL is in good position now probably, to win elections, Hasina has nonetheless moved people on their sentiment, successfully disbanded opposition party JI. seems winning moves ?

The reason is British promoted Urdu as an official language in Punjab while they didn't promote Urdu in Bengal.

Pakistan is not Punajb, We had Baluchi,Sindhi,Pashto, Punjabi in pakistan. But no one cared and understood the requirement of URDU as a language to communicate with other races in Pakistan. It's not about British promoting urdu language. You are comparing apple and oranges

You are so authoritatively saying Pakistani muslims are ISLAM=ARABIC=URDU blah blah. Than you tried to equate culture and Islam in Pakistan.

You need a proper schooling about culture in Pakistan.
He He. I never said but unquoted some Pakistani who was trying to justify all Muslims of Subcontinent speak one language called Urdu. Infact I strongy believe that Language shud be kept away from Religion and given equal importance. And rightly as you see in Pakistan, the majority language spoken is Punjabi and not Urdu. No one can force any paticular language on people. Those who do are called unvisionary like Jinnah.Period.

They'd do anything for votes and money.
On a side-note protesting against pakistan is one thing...burning the effigy of Quaid is another. If they hate Quaid, they should show that in action and not in words, and undo what the Quaid did...merge with India. They should undo their independence..before burning Quaid's effigies.

If English is an International language, Urdu was national language back then. Bengali language was a regional language. If promoting Urdu language in West Pakistan hasn't diminished or destroyed Punjabi,Sindhi,Baluchi,Pushto than how could have it destroyed bengali language????

I guess Benglias doesn't know what UNITY is.

Did East Pakistan have any other language apart from Bengali to make Urdu as national language and Bengali as 'regional' language? So you agree that East Pakistan was treated as a colony to West Pakistan?

Lets face it I have never heard anyone mentioning anything about bangladesh in private or public gatherings in Pakistan. We have ignored it for so long lets keep that
going, for us Bangladesh is like bhotan or Bolivia, out of our minds totally.

Pakistani establishment must have a reason to let Bangladesh go loose.

99% of the Pakistani people couldn't care less about Bangladesh.
It doesn't bother them they Bangladesh is seperated. And it shouldn't anyway.

In fact everytime something bad happened in bangladesh, we would have prayers for these people in masjids.

He He. I never said but unquoted some Pakistani who was trying to justify all Muslims of Subcontinent speak one language called Urdu. Infact I strongy believe that Language shud be kept away from Religion and given equal importance. And rightly as you see in Pakistan, the majority language spoken is Punjabi and not Urdu. No one can force any paticular language on people. Those who do are called unvisionary like Jinnah.Period.

Not un-visionary but a true visionary who understood, If promoting one regional language, would create tensions and riots would erupt on basis of language.

Did East Pakistan have any other language apart from Bengali to make Urdu as national language and Bengali as 'regional' language? So you agree that East Pakistan was treated as a colony to West Pakistan?

See instead of see through the reasoning, the corrupt ideology is still persisting in your mind and due to this corruption, english seems perfect to you but Urdu equates to Jinnah treating you as colony and oppressed you. Wah reh.

Not un-visionary but a true visionary who understood, If promoting one regional language, would create tensions and riots would erupt on basis of language.

By the way, URDU too is a regional language of muslims of North India, specifically from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. No south Indian muslim other than Hyderabadis ever spoke Urdu. Which world are u in?

BAL is in good position now probably, to win elections, Hasina has nonetheless moved people on their sentiment, successfully disbanded opposition party JI. seems winning moves ?

what elections? :lol: BNP lead Opposition alliance and most other major smaller parties have already boycotted it. Intl community (all major power except India) also boycotted it. Its a one-party election where the only contending party is BAL. BAL fears the imminent defeat that awaits them should a free and fair election take place. That's why they abolished CT system and trying to go for 1 party facism.

As for anti-PAK sentiments, it would never save them. They have overused it. Together with all the corruption scams, indian subservience, abduction and killings, massacre of ulemas and islamic activist, politically they r long dead in the electoral map. Anti-pak sentiment @ best is an emergency oxygen to a BAL already in comma.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom