What's new

Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

With dew respect , you have no idea about a muslim family!! Girls women are even more religious than male counterparts!! And please i consider you all high educated....kindly take the note those guys are protesting to save laws of Quran.... there is no relation of women's rights here!!

With some more 'dew' respect.. Them being religious has nothing to do with them remaining silent in the face of inequality.

I think everybody here will agree that there should be equal rights for men and women,irrespective of the country.

Who denied this... in Bd woman has equal right in every cases..... try to make your country's woman status good. N stop this evil practice and prejudice to abort a child if it is a woman/ female.

'Literacy rate' the world over implies ability to read and write. So if your government chooses to follow some random procedure it's not our fault. Link me to a source for your info please

Well its not a random thing. Every government makes their own definition for instance in United States it is 8th standard to be called a person to be literate. I uploaded the full report of BD (including the questionary they ask in field test, reading, writing, arithmatic, comprehension and IQ) of 2008 somewhere in this forum few months back. Just look around. I dont have the report with me anymore. But will look for the most up to date one once i have some time.

'Literacy rate' the world over implies ability to read and write. So if your government chooses to follow some random procedure it's not our fault. Link me to a source for your info please

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

That is hardly what defines rights for women. In the end we talk about the woman on the ground not the powerful elite

i just showed an example!! and about woman on the ground----------- textile industry is the backbone of BD economy. . and woman are the workers there!! they earn almost same or even more than ther counterparts!! Money gives them power!! And micro credits are normally given to women leading to same result. . . . I personally think womwn are in better position in BD than their neighbours!!

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Who denied this... in Bd woman has equal right in every cases..... try to make your country's woman status good. N stop this evil practice and prejudice to abort a child if it is a woman/ female.

Brother, leave india alone!!

Before you quote literacy rate you should include the definition of literacy as wel.
In BD its 5th standard and 15 years and above age group but in India its only reading and writing above the age of 7.

Bangladesh literacy standard is age 15 and over and can read and write. It's same as India only in Indian case the age is 7 and over. There is no basic mathematics test has been taken in both the countries.

With some more 'dew' respect.. Them being religious has nothing to do with them remaining silent in the face of inequality.

man, typing error!! you should understand dis!! and thax for teaching!!

With dew respect , you have no idea about a muslim family!! Girls women are even more religious than male counterparts!! And please i consider you all high educated....kindly take the note those guys are protesting to save laws of Quran.... there is no relation of women's rights here!!

Mate I never said anything about Muslims. I was just talking about people who protest against equal rights for women. I have reiterated that few times already. BTW your prime minister said that the laws aren't against laws of the Quran.

I think thats the standard for Adult literacy. Overall literacy is,

Information on literacy is canvassed regarding every individual in the Census. For the purposes of Census, a person aged seven and above, who can both read and write with understanding in any language, is treated as literate.

Same criterion has been retained in the Censuses of 2001 and 2011. It should be clearly understood that it is not necessary that to be treated as literate, a person should have received any formal education or acquired any minimum educational standard.

http://censusindia.gov.in/2011-prov-results/data_files/Final%20PPT%202011_chapter6.pdf

We are taking steps to prevent that. And eventuallly there shall be success. Our sex ratio rose to 940 this year btw. So you can see signs of success.

Mate I never said anything about Muslims. I was just talking about people who protest against equal rights for women. I have reiterated that few times already. BTW your prime minister said that the laws aren't against laws of the Quran.

So why they are protesting??? the cause is islam related!! and yeah Hasina is liar!!

For your Info this protest is not about womans right but for not to implement any law against quran. This is western media that has added the spice. Yesterday I have also seen a news where hasina said she will not implement any law going against quarantine and sunnah. This issue is not the only reason for protest. This mullah group also asked right for issueing fatwa which is ban in bangladesh. Western media can do one thing only. ..slendering islam. They also did not mention bjp boycotted this strike and this group is very tiny and small and has no representation in assembly.

:) The western NGOs driven morons failed to mentioned that it was Islam who has given inheritance rights to women both in properties of parents and of husband unlike the West where women got the rights after so many centuries.

anyway seems BD is going to implement some other religion on its people one day in a bid to prove itself "secular" sorry state of affairs. cur

Before you quote literacy rate you should include the definition of literacy as wel.
In BD its 5th standard and 15 years and above age group but in India its only reading and writing above the age of 7.

So the total pool of people for literacy rate is only the people who are over 15 years as well right? Crude literacy rate and Effective literacy rate. So the cut off age doesn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom