What's new

Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

So why they are protesting??? the cause is islam related!! and yeah Hasina is liar!!

People who have different point of view aren't necessarily liars. I don't see the motivation for these women to go out and lie to the world.

ShochetonNari030411-02.jpg

Do you really wan't to be associated with people like these?

But IOJ chairman Mufti Fazlul Haque Amini, who gave the strike call, has contended that Islam says ‘woman can never be equal to man’.

http://www.inewsone.com/2011/04/04/opposition-strike-in-bangladesh-over-equal-status-for-women/40845

Mate I never said anything about Muslims. I was just talking about people who protest against equal rights for women. I have reiterated that few times already. BTW your prime minister said that the laws aren't against laws of the Quran.

This not a protest for against equal rights. infact it is a protest against sugar coated lies of anti-Islam people who are changing Islamic inheritance laws dubbing their attempt as an attempt for equal rights for women.

the Islamic inheritance laws are very clear wherein women get share in property of parents as well as husband

So the total pool of people for literacy rate is only the people who are over 15 years as well right? Crude literacy rate and Effective literacy rate. So the cut off age doesn't really matter.

For India it's 7. From the link you provided

Bangladesh literacy standard is age 15 and over and can read and write. It's same as India only in Indian case the age is 7 and over. There is no basic mathematics test has been taken in both the countries.

Well thats what Wiki told you.
Here I found the survey reoprt of 2008. Just see the questionarie they ask which are of 5th standard. They will not explicitly say its 5th standard as anybody who may or may not possess 5th standard certificate may or may not be literate. Even with 5th standard completed person could be found illiterate by the age of 15 after he drops out at the age of 11 after the completion of primary eduction. Thats why they took 15 year above age group to see how many could remain literate after a gap of 5 years of no schooling.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12688717/Bangladesh-Literacy-Assessment-Survey-2008

This not a protest for against equal rights. infact it is a protest against sugar coated lies of anti-Islam people who are changing Islamic inheritance laws dubbing their attempt as an attempt for equal rights for women.

the Islamic inheritance laws are very clear wherein women get share in property of parents as well as husband

Jana Baji you are woman, tell me if you support this,
But IOJ chairman Mufti Fazlul Haque Amini, who gave the strike call, has contended that Islam says ‘woman can never be equal to man’.

Who denied this... in Bd woman has equal right in every cases..... try to make your country's woman status good. N stop this evil practice and prejudice to abort a child if it is a woman/ female.

Firstly,the very first post which started this thread says different.

Under Bangladeshi law, a woman normally inherits half as much as her brother.

Secondly,if you wish to talk about female intanticide in some other country,please go ahead and start a separate thread.I can assure you that nobody will stop you.In this thread,stay on topic.

So the total pool of people for literacy rate is only the people who are over 15 years as well right? Crude literacy rate and Effective literacy rate. So the cut off age doesn't really matter.

Yes it matters as primary enrollment rate in BD is more than 98%. So if you take this 7-15 years age (which are almost 100% literate) group then the literacy rate will shoot the sky. But does not matter as they did not complete 5th grade standard yet.

Jana Baji you are woman, tell me if you support this,

roy honestly speaking i never follows these "molvis" at all what they say. whenever i have some doubt over such statements by them i just open the Quran and read what it says there. what can be more equality then the statement in Islam that "heaven is under the feet of a mother"

The Last Prophet of Allah (PBUH) used to stand up in respect whenever his daughter Bibi Fatima comes to her father's house, he used to lay down his shawl for her to sit on it.

The Prophet said " A man who has two daughters and he raised them well with giving them all kinds of necessity of life, gave them good education and treated them well will be with me in heaven as two fingers are jointed with each other"

now tell me Roy do we need to go to some hardliner molvies or should we listen to Our Prophet (PBUH) and Quran?

Time and again Quran stated rights of women in almost every sphere of life and talked about rewards and punishment in hereafter according to own actions both for males and females equally

Yes it matters as primary enrollment rate in BD is more than 98%. So if you take this 7-15 years age (which are almost 100% literate) group then the literacy rate will shoot the sky. But does not matter as they did not complete 5th grade standard yet.

Its a big shame for both India and Pakistan that we are lagging behind BD in literacy. we must accept the fact

Its a big shame for both India and Pakistan that we are lagging behind BD in literacy. we must accept the fact

You can accept that all you want. India is wayy ahead. If bangladesh were so much better in education how come they lag behind India (understatement) in every scientific field? When was the last time you heard of a good bangladeshi research paper? Or a reputed Bangladeshi university (of IIT standards).
Truth is they lag behind. And these nationalists do not feel it now, but this lack of scientific progress will pinch them HARD in another 15 years

I asked a question to Indians. Is there any seperate inherited law for it's Muslim citizen? Is there any Indian to answer my question.
yes .. they have own personal laws

You can accept that all you want. India is wayy ahead. If bangladesh were so much better in education how come they lag behind India (understatement) in every scientific field? When was the last time you heard of a good bangladeshi research paper? Or a reputed Bangladeshi university (of IIT standards).
Truth is they lag behind. And these nationalists do not feel it now, but this lack of scientific progress will pinch them HARD in another 15 years

Scientific Research needs lots of money, facilities, super laboratories ..... BD lacks them!! BD has improved a lot in the field of agricultural science!!

5th grade is only required in handful of countries like UK, Antigua and Barbuda etc according to CIA factbook. Not even for US.

Primary enrollment is almost 100% for India as well, would you site a source for BD?

India is not waayyyy ahead of Bangladesh in terms of elementary education. India education tends to be elitist. We must accept that.

Back
Top Bottom