What's new

Bangladesh protest against women's rights left one dead

So no big mouth Indians here to answer my question. :undecided:

Its not a matter of "may be"....you need to be sure...whether Egypt and Iran has female fighter pilots or not...and as for Bangladesh correct me if i am wrong it still doesn't have female fighter pilots...it only has civilian ones

I can give you many example of female pilot in Bd... this link is one example. ....

::: Star Weekend Magazine :::

Broad your mind instead of steryo typing your mind.

wow....such ignorance. "Tribal taleban culture"

i happen to come from the tribal areas....and with all due respect, compare the # of rapes or crimes against women there than occurs anywhere in your country. It is more conservative, as it is an honour-based society. However to equate tribal culture with that of "taleban" is due either to ignorance or just plain stupidity -- perhaps both.

and again, we could damn care less about stereotypes. Makes little to no difference for Pakistanis.

I am not denying th. at there aren't issues in Pakistan, among them crimes against our women. But it is people with ulterior motives who want to exploit the situation and exaggerate it just to suit their needs.

First, you cannot compare the rapes in India with your country because in India rapes can be reported.

Are you telling me the Talibans treat their women with respect and equality? You could know better but the gang rape victims, female mutilation, stoning etc happen in Taliban areas.

What amazes me is how these people manage to face their mothers and sisters once they get home. Conversation at the dinner table would be like, "Mother: So how was your day son", "Son: Oh great mum just went to protest against equal rights for women", "Mother: Oh cool son, here have some more Haleem" . Pathetic, I would shoot each one of them if it was up to me.

O.K so why don't you answer my question. Do you have a separate inherited law for Muslim citizen? If so then how do you view your Muslim citizen and why don't your secular government change the law if you think it is not right.

Now shove your garbage back.

I asked a question to Indians. Is there any seperate inherited law for it's Muslim citizen? Is there any Indian to answer my question.

Its not about answering you or not, people who have knowledge in this regards will reply to you. Learn to google.

Different religious groups in India subscribe to different laws. Hindus have their own codified law (Hindu Succession Act) as well as a part uncodified, Muslims have their own textual law of inheritance (Islamic Law on Succession), Parsees come under the Indian Succession Act, as do Christians, as well as others (e.g. spouses with different religions married under The Indian Marriage Act).

Kudos to India and Pakistan for making it to this section of the rankings:

Countries with women's literacy rate less than 70 per cent of men's:

India 65 per cent
Morocco 60 per cent
Pakistan 55 per cent

Which basically means: india has 6.5 literate women for every 10 literate men and pakistan has 5.5 literate women for every 10 literate men. You guys deserve such top honor! :D

Guys the taliban culture is only in the tribal areas in Pakistan, this is a big mis conception about Pakistan, yes its extreme but its in tribal areas, the majority of poppulation is moderate which can be seen from the fact that there are women as politicians, speaker national assembly, many foreign ambassadors, troops in the army, air force pilots ....so generalization is a bad thing...
Comparisons will lead to further debates...so i think they should be avoided.

Again as apocolypse posted the link, the fact says its is tribal areas so we should consider the fact that tribal areas
are just 2 percent of Pak's poppulation, moreover targetting of female politicians (indirectly mentioning Benazir bhutto) is mentioned...sir she was killed with the involvment of the govt..,.not by extremists...the govt did a false flag op and US supported it ...everyone knows...u would be a fool if u believe the official story !!!

while i agree with you to some extent --we are people who quite frankly are not self conscious. We are at peace and we know who we are and what we represent. Some medias around the world have agenda and thrive off mis-information. Facts and realities on the ground in Pakistan speak for themselves

women enjoy many rights in Pakistan; there have been individual lapses -- but I would say in all of South Asia Pakistan is ahead of most in terms of women's rights

Regarding woman right it is bangladeshi woman who are enjoying better right then both pakistan and india... if you look at the full society of Bd steryotype against woman is almost bill.. just look at india where parent abort their children if it is woman... so steryo type against woman start before their birth... pakistan is also not behind. Some region even does not allow woman to go to school. But look at Bd here woman is enrolled in school is more then boys.. which ia unparalleled in south asia.

O.K so why don't you answer my question. Do you have a separate inherited law for Muslim citizen? If so then how do you view your Muslim citizen and why don't your secular government change the law if you think it is not right.

Indian Muslims are free to choose whichever law they want to follow. At the end of the day it comes down to individuals. If they respect their women folk enough they ll give them equal rights.

The applicable law of inheritance depends on the personal law of the deceased. The personal law to which the deceased person subscribed applies to matters of inheritance in India. This law may be the textual law of the deceased’s religion, or the codified law of the nation to which the deceased belonged to at the time of death.

We can all see where the garbage is coming from.

Kudos to India and Pakistan for making it to this section of the rankings:

Countries with women's literacy rate less than 70 per cent of men's:

India 65 per cent
Morocco 60 per cent
Pakistan 55 per cent

Which basically means: india has 6.5 literate women for every 10 literate men and pakistan has 5.5 literate women for every 10 literate men. You guys deserve such top honor! :D

You really to need learn about the concept called "percentage":lol:. 65 percent means, 6.5/65 women out of every 10/100 woman is literate, and so on.:cheesy:

But you have to give credit to the indians for turning against their religion and putting a stop to burning widows with their dead husbands. Or was it the British who civilized them? Hmmm....

First, you cannot compare the rapes in India with your country because in India rapes can be reported.

media in Pakistan has become EXTREMELY powerful.

the reason some rapes go unreported is, unfortunately, because the women in those cases are too ashamed to even approach the police because they feel they have lost their dignity and honour --even though the crime was no fault of their own.

but when they do go reported, action is always taken. We do not tolerate violence/sexual crimes against women in the country

Are you telling me the Talibans treat their women with respect and equality? You could know better but the gang rape victims, female mutilation, stoning etc happen in Taliban areas.

you are implying that the tribal areas are taleban areas; therefore your argument automatically lost its validity. A mere sweeping generalization.

if you look at actual statistics, more rapes (per capita and in terms of raw numbers) take place in Punjab than in FATA or KP. And the number in Punjab (or all Pakistan) PALES in comparison to the number of rapes against women in your country

therefore, i would suggest that you address the social issues like this existing in your own country before commenting on those of others. Would be more in your interests to do so.

regards

You really to need learn about the concept called "percentage":lol:. 65 percent means, 6.5/65 women out of every 10/100 woman is literate, and so on.:cheesy:

Haha. Hope I'm not talking to a high school drop out. Read the article. The 65% is not a percentage of women's literacy rate, but it's a percentage compared to a base of 100% for men.

That's why I wrote it in laymen's term at the end. Besides, use some common sense. What does "Countries with women's literacy rate less than 70 per cent of men's" mean?. It's comparing the percentage against men's literacy rate. n00b.

Haha. Hope I'm not talking to a high school drop out. Read the article. The 65% is not a percentage of women's literacy rate, but it's a percentage compared to a base of 100% for men.

That's why I wrote it in laymen's term at the end. Besides, use some common sense. What does "Countries with women's literacy rate less than 70 per cent of men's" mean?. It's comparing the percentage against men's literacy rate. n00b.

My bad I just saw the percentage. But maybe its time to update your little anti-India database. Cause,

Interestingly, literacy rate improved sharply among females as compared to males. While the effective literacy rate for males rose from 75.26 to 82.14 per cent marking a rise of 6.9 per cent, it increased by 11.8 per cent for females to go from 53.67 to 65.46 per cent.

You do the maths for me and tell me of the percentage if below 70 or not.

As i said comparisons will result in further debate !!!! lol

Bangladeshi people in general don't know much about Pakistan, i had a bengali friend, he thaught Pakistan was like afghanistan, lol then once he watched slackistan trailer (a Pakistani movie), he couldn't believe it.
Then through more research he found out that there are fashion weeks in Pakistan too.
Once i told him that i was an addict of McDonnalds in my childhood days and got irritable bowl syndrome cuz of that, he got surprised that Pakistan has Mc Donalds (haha)...one day he came upto me and said he was extremely surprised when he came to know that there are Body Shop outlets in Pakistan (lol) and so on. Now his views about Pakistan have changed.

So do some research about Pakistan guys...just for fun watch this

IF U THINK THAT YOU KNOW PAKISTAN, THEN THINK AGAIN !!!

Pakistanis are an emotional nation as compared to other nations, thats why even
if a little incident takes place they start cursing their govt and get disheartened and become
pessimists...this is in their nature...and international media exploits this !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom