What's new

Bangladesh Plans to Buy 24 Russian Jet Trainers

We have 8 4th generation fighter aircraft, 56 3rd generation Fighter aircraft. Negotiating for 32 to 48 4.5 generation fighter aircraft.
We have 8 counter terrorism Jet, 12 Multi-engine JET trainer, 24 Primary trainer and 60+ other aircraft.
We are looking forward to 16 counter terrorism YAK-130 and 8 Training YAK-130. along with 32 Primary trainer and several transport aircraft and Helicopter including gunships...

can you provide a reliable source of that marked part??couldn't find any..

1. You are thinking present condition while we are thinking of future.
2. yes they can be used as light attack in future.
3. you are saying Toyota corolla 2012 and Toyota corolla 1990 are same (because they are tagged with corolla name :disagree:)

It probably will if we get 2 squadron. our albatros need replacement, we need a squadron to replace them a light attack. It would be great if the other squadron is used as trainer aircraft.

Very nice aircraft btw

Last edited by a moderator:
reply of first point..

i'm not implying anything..i'm just asking.actually,most of the countries keep Advanced trainer jets in a proportion of 1:4,1:5,1:6 with fighter jets..thats what i'm saying..by the way,how many new aircrafts BD is purchasing??somewhere I read that they wants to buy Su-27(not sure though)anyway,good decision..

reply of 2nd point..

I doubt it can be used as light attack jet as Yak-131(the version of Yak-130 going to be used as light attack jet) failed..read this..

Russia to Field New Ground Attack Jet | Defense | RIA Novosti

and for the 3rd point..

don't understand why you stated that..elaborate please..
1. I got same news that BD is going for Su27
2. I Have no idea.
3. i stated that because in your previous post you said F-7BG or F-7BGI are mig 21 fighter jets.

Ok here is another russian news link:

Бангладеш купит две дюжины учебных самолетов Як-130

Бангладеш рассматривает возможность закупки 24 российских учебно-боевых самолетов Як-130. Об этом, как сообщает ИТАР-ТАСС, заявил заместитель генерального директора госкомпании «Рособоронэкспорт» Виктор Комардин. По его словам, власти Бангладеш намерены приобрести эту технику в счет экспортного кредита в размере миллиарда долларов, предоставленного Россией в январе 2013 года.

Как ожидается, переговоры о поставке учебно-боевых самолетов начнутся весной текущего года. В случае, если стороны подпишут контракт, поставлять самолеты будет корпорация «Иркут». По словам Комардина, Бангладеш составил список вооружений и военной техники, которые намерен приобрести в счет экспортного кредита, однако подробности этого списка являются государственной тайной. Ранее сообщалось, что на российский кредит Бангладеш может закупить бронетранспортеры БТР-80.

Соглашение о предоставлении Бангладеш кредита в размере миллиарда долларов было подписано 15 января 2013 года в ходе встречи президента России Владимира Путина с бангладешским премьер-министром Шейх Хасиной. Вскоре после подписания соглашения стало известно, что Бангладеш интересуется возможностью закупки техники для сухопутных войск, зенитных ракетных комплексов и многоцелевых вертолетов Ми-17. Кроме того, Шейх Хасина заявляла, что Бангладеш намерен создать собственный подводный флот.

source: http://lenta.ru/news/2013/03/27/yak130/

can some one please translate it in english plz :undecided:
@Evgeny translate it for us plz :D

1. I got same news that BD is going for Su27
2. I Have no idea.
3. i stated that because in your previous post you said F-7BG or F-7BGI are mig 21 fighter jets.

Ok here is another russian news link:

Бангладеш купит две дюжины учебных самолетов Як-130

Бангладеш рассматривает возможность закупки 24 российских учебно-боевых самолетов Як-130. Об этом, как сообщает ИТАР-ТАСС, заявил заместитель генерального директора госкомпании «Рособоронэкспорт» Виктор Комардин. По его словам, власти Бангладеш намерены приобрести эту технику в счет экспортного кредита в размере миллиарда долларов, предоставленного Россией в январе 2013 года.

Как ожидается, переговоры о поставке учебно-боевых самолетов начнутся весной текущего года. В случае, если стороны подпишут контракт, поставлять самолеты будет корпорация «Иркут». По словам Комардина, Бангладеш составил список вооружений и военной техники, которые намерен приобрести в счет экспортного кредита, однако подробности этого списка являются государственной тайной. Ранее сообщалось, что на российский кредит Бангладеш может закупить бронетранспортеры БТР-80.

Соглашение о предоставлении Бангладеш кредита в размере миллиарда долларов было подписано 15 января 2013 года в ходе встречи президента России Владимира Путина с бангладешским премьер-министром Шейх Хасиной. Вскоре после подписания соглашения стало известно, что Бангладеш интересуется возможностью закупки техники для сухопутных войск, зенитных ракетных комплексов и многоцелевых вертолетов Ми-17. Кроме того, Шейх Хасина заявляла, что Бангладеш намерен создать собственный подводный флот.

source: Lenta.ru:

can some one please translate it in english plz :undecided:
@Evgeny translate it for us plz :D

lol...thats where google translate comes handy.. :P

Bangladesh is considering the purchase of 24 Russian combat training aircraft Yak-130. On this, as reported by ITAR-TASS, the Deputy Director General of the state company "Rosoboronexport" Victor Komardin. According to him, the government of Bangladesh intend to purchase this vehicle in respect of export credit in the amount of one billion dollars, provided by Russia in January 2013.

As expected, the negotiations for the supply of training and combat aircraft will begin this spring. If the two sides will sign a contract to supply aircraft to Corporation "Irkut". According Komardina, Bangladesh made a list of weapons and military equipment, which is intended to get at the expense of export credit, but the details of this list is a state secret. Earlier it was reported that the Russian loan, Bangladesh could buy BTR-80.

The agreement to provide Bangladesh a loan of one billion dollars was signed January 15, 2013 at a meeting of Russian President Vladimir Putin with Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Shortly after the agreement became known that Bangladesh is interested in the possibility of purchasing equipment for land forces, air defense missiles and attack helicopters Mi-17. In addition, Sheikh Hasina declared that Bangladesh is going to create its own submarine fleet.

one modification..Mi-17 isn't attack helo..
joy guru,enjoy guru.. :omghaha:

High seated person in Bangladesh are looking for alternative incomes. These planes are useless for Bangladesh.

The border which it shares is with India; and these weapons are useless against India. These deals involved vast amounts of money and a last percentage is earned as kickbacks.

We use our Mi-17 as attack helis ;)

well,then we can discount your attack helo fleet in case there is a Indo-Bangladesh war as Mi-17 isn't much help during war,especially against a air defence system and manpad..I lacks agility that gunships generally have..we learnt that in a hard way..hope you'll learn that soon.. ;) by the way,is Bangladesh buying Mi-17 V5??
@BDforever

you add a machine gun and stab wing equipped with unguided rocket pod,and it'll have enough attack capability,but thats not an attack helo,thats what i tried to say..got it??

and there is difference between 'attack capability' ( which i mentioned ) and 'attack' words :rolleyes:

Mi-171SH which BAF operates as close air support can only be armed with rocket pods, and not with guided ATGMs like the Indian Mi-17 V5s.

Back
Top Bottom