What's new

Bangladesh on January 5th and Afterwards

The 14% increase is on GDP per capita on nominal terms, it should be a lot higher (more than 30%) on GDP per capita on PPP terms which you are quoting, do try to acquire minimum sense of economics before you try to gloat next time.

Forget economics, you first try to acquire some sort of common sense before posting. I had to thwack you around to come to your senses.

And who is gloating. I was just responding with FACTS to some dumb out of air statement like " BD will outstrip India economically this decade". And not making absurd figures like 30% hike etc.

Give me proof which says that it will increase by 30%. And in the unlikey scenario that it is indeed 30%, BD would still lag behind India. And by some margin as well! You just have to do the Math, but ofcourse for it you need a bit more than common sense!

Forget economics, you first try to acquire some sort of common sense before posting. I had to thwack you around to come to your senses.

And who is gloating. I was just responding with FACTS to some dumb out of air statement like " BD will outstrip India economically this decade". And not making absurd figures like 30% hike etc.

Give me proof which says that it will increase by 30%. And in the unlikey scenario that it is indeed 30%, BD would still lag behind India. And by some margin as well! You just have to do the Math, but ofcourse for it you need a bit more than common sense!

Same comment, try to get minimum sense of economics before gloating here! And no need to reply me as I'm not interested arguing with a f@ckwit throwing useless tantrum without having any sense of what he's talking about.

Same comment, try to get minimum sense of economics before gloating here! And no need to reply me as I'm not interested arguing with a f@ckwit throwing useless tantrum without having any sense of what he's talking about.

Lol! You are not interested because you cannot reply to any of the points. Its a checkmate ;)

And for the record, regarding tantrums, you started it by calling me an ignorant fool. Next time onwards, dont try to bite more than you could chew. Goodbye!

^^:lol::lol:

BD will economically outstrip India this decade it seems. Stupidity has no bounds in this section

Only relevant part in last 1 and 1/2 page discussion is that indian game was to do maximum damage to Bangladesh economy. India has now culpability on that count, Bangladesh economically has suffered heavy blow.

Having said that getting back to the topic.

Opposition has called 48 hours strike on top of indefinite blockade currently being observed. And there is growing noise that illegitimate and illegal indian backed regime will now impose state of emergency for mass killing and arrest.

সোমবার থেকে ফের ৪৮ ঘণ্টার হরতাল
স্টাফ রিপোর্টার | ৫ জানুয়ারি ২০১৪, রবিবার, ৬:১১ | মতামত: ৮ টি নির্দলীয় সরকারের অধীনে নির্বাচন আয়োজন ও অনুষ্ঠিত নির্বাচন বাতিলের দাবিতে ফের ৪৮ ঘণ্টার হরতাল আহবান করেছে ১৮ দল। বিকালে সংবাদ সম্মেলনে বিএনপি চেয়ারপারসনের উপদেষ্টা এম ওসমান ফারুক এ ঘোষণা দেন। তিনি বলেন, দেশের মানুষ এক দলীয় নির্বাচন ঘৃণাভরে প্রত্যাখ্যান করেছে। এই নির্বাচন বর্জনের মাধ্যমে দেশের মানুষ সরকারকে জবাব দিয়েছে। হরতাল ঘোষণা করে তিনি বলেন, ১৮দলের অনির্দিষ্টকালের ধর্মঘটের সঙ্গে ৪৮ঘণ্টার হরতাল পালিত হবে। উল্লেখ্য নির্বাচন ঠেকাতে ১৮ দলের ডাকা ৪৮ঘণ্টার হরতাল শেষ হবে সোমবার ভোর ছয়টায়। ওসমান ফারুক দাবি করেন নির্বাচনে তিন থেকে পাঁচভাগ ভোট পড়েছে। দেশের মানুষ ভোট কেন্দ্রে যাননি সরকারের অত্যাচার নির্যাতনের প্রতিবাদে।
Daily Manab Zamin | সোমবার থেকে ফের ৪৮ ঘণ্টার হরতাল
জরুরি অবস্থা জারির চিন্তাভাবনা
05 Jan, 2014 বিএনপি-জামায়াত নেতৃত্বাধীন ১৮ দলের সর্বশেষ ৪৮ ঘণ্টার হরতাল পর্যবেক্ষণ করবে সরকার। এই হরতাল কর্মসূচিতে সহিংসতা হলে এবং এরপর আবারো হরতাল কর্মসূচি ঘোষণা করা হলে জরুরি অবস্থা জারি করা হতে পারে। এ ব্যাপারে সরকারের শীর্ষ মহল নীতিগত সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে বলে নির্ভরযোগ্য সূত্রে জানা গেছে।
বিডিটুডে.নেট:জরুরি অবস্থা জারির চিন্তাভাবনা

Last edited:
Whole world rejected to send election observer because of farcical election. BUT india send some to back Awami League. Here is indian observer making 180 degree from what really seen in polling center and lied to media.

১৮০ ডিগ্রি ঘুরে গেলেন ভারতের পর্যবেক্ষক: সন্তোষজনক ভোটার উপস্থিতি!
January 5, 2014 | Filed under: বিশেষ,রাজনীতি | Posted by: নিউজ ডেস্ক/মেহা

মেহেদী মো মাহবুব হাসান

নিউজ ইভেন্ট ২৪ ডটকম

রীতিমত চমক দেখালেন নির্বাচন পর্যবেক্ষণে আসা ভারতের ত্রিপুরা রাজ্যের প্রধান নির্বাচনী কর্মকর্তা আশুতোষ জিন্দাল। দুপুরে নির্বাচনী আমেজ খুঁজে না পেলেও রাতে ঠিক ১৮০ ডিগ্রি ঘুরে গেলেন। বললেন, অনেক কেন্দ্রেই সন্তোষজনক ভোটার উপস্থিতি দেখেছি।

সেই সাথে উপস্থিত সকলকে অবাকই করে দিয়ে বললেন, এই নির্বাচনে আমরা যথেষ্টই খুশি।

নির্বাচন কমিশন সচিবালয়ে রাতে যখন ভোটের ফল আসছিলো তখন সাংবাদিকদের সঙ্গে কথা বলার সময় তিনি এ মন্তব্য করেন।

অথচ, দুপুরে ভোট কেন্দ্র পরিদর্শন শেষে সাংবাদিকদের তিনি বলেছিলেন, কোনো নির্বাচনী আমেজ খুঁজে পাচ্ছিনা। মানুষের মধ্যে শিথিল একটা ভাব লক্ষ্য করা গেছে। এখানে নির্বাচন কেন্দ্র করে মানুষের মধ্যে উৎসবের আমেজ নেই।

- See more at: ১৮০ ডিগ্রি ঘুরে গেলেন ভারতের পর্যবেক্ষক: সন্তোষজনক ভোটার উপস্থিতি! | Newsevent24.com

941807_527819340648579_1739755765_n.jpg

So how long Hasina will be in power ?

Make your bets !!!

without foreign intervention/pressure = 5 years
with foreign intervention/pressure = less than 1 years

This is a farce orchestrated by AL with many AL senior leaders along with Indian Govt reps on record lying to public and media. I think AL long term prospects are very poor.

Following the demise of Mujib, AL was a dead horse. Unfortunately Zia resuscitated AL.

AL is dead without Hasina.

Its not only BNP that is against AL. The entire spectrum of people including left leaning intellectuals, Mullahs, average people, the entire West , China , and Russia.

BD does $25-30 Billion worth of business with EU and USA. Billions come from ME as remmittance, BD gets huge subsidy on petroleum import from ME.

Its going to hurt everyone including ALeaguers ( most of the leaders own a Garments factory or two) in the pocket if sanctions come along.

Last edited:
This is a farce orchestrated by AL with many AL senior leaders along with Indian Govt reps on record lying to public and media. I think AL long term prospects are very poor.

Following the demise of Mujib, AL was a dead horse. Unfortunately Zia resuscitated AL.

AL is dead without Hasina.

AL has been extremely unpopular at least for last 2 years, but they have managed their every plan by setting their men everywhere. Except Jamat, no one dared to resist them bravely.

I think if no pressure is given from outside, like economic sanction, UN army withdrawn, deport workers from ME, they will neutralize all Jamaties very soon and other people will not endanger their life/comfort zone in fear. So if media, police, RAB, BDR, and Army give support to AL as like as today, AL will manage few more years as it did in last few years.

Back
Top Bottom