What's new

Bangladesh obtains 2nd position in sanitation coverage in South Asia: UNICE

Sami's usual fetish for sh!thole aside, I only asked for data as I couldn't find it myself. Anyway it seems 56% of Bangladeshis have improved sanitation, that's good progress.

@Lungi 500 : What's up with your obsession with Kolkata and West Bengal. I speak here as an individual, not on behalf of my country, state or ethnicity. Anyway since you are so obcessed with us, here's something for you to chew.

UNICEF India - Water, environment and sanitation - Low-cost toilets help Bengal target total sanitation

Not 56% but 81%. Here 35% of people use improved shared sanitation system as well.

i think UP, bihar bring us down every time most of other states are quite developed

Look mate India lagged behind not just because of UP, Bihar. Almost 76-90% of India's rural area does not have any improved sanitation which lagged India behind. The other figure 51% do open defect is really horrible which is only 4% in Bangladesh.

56% improved sanitation is from UNICEF source. Shared toilet is not considered as improved sanitation. In fact I do not what the duck is shared toilet unless we are talking about paid toilets in cities.

56% improved sanitation is from UNICEF source. Shared toilet is not considered as improved sanitation. In fact I do not what the duck is shared toilet unless we are talking about paid toilets in cities.

Anyway it still is a great achievement, all credit goes to Awami league and Sheikh Hasina.

Not 56% but 81%. Here 35% of people use improved shared sanitation system as well.

Look mate India lagged behind not just because of UP, Bihar. Almost 76-90% of India's rural area does not have any improved sanitation which lagged India behind. The other figure 51% do open defect is really horrible which is only 4% in Bangladesh.

I am wondering when LaBong will come out with his usual per capita GDP crap to prove that Indians are richer and, therefore, they have a better sanitation and their GDP value of open defecation is higher than that of Bangladeshis. These GDP craps are valueless because it does not reflect the life style of an average Indian.

This is what has been written about Shared Toilet at page 26... It has been accepted as a global phenomena specially in cities.

Shared sanitation is defined as
sanitation facilities of an otherwise
acceptable type that are shared
between two or more households,
including public toilets.
Sanitation facilities that are shared
among households, whether fully public
or accessible only to some, are not
considered improved according to the
definition used for the MDG indicator.
The reason stems from concerns that
shared facilities are unacceptable
both in terms of cleanliness (toilets
may not be hygienic and fully separate
human waste from contact with
users) and accessibility (facilities may
not be available at night, or used by
children, for instance). However, it
is also recognized that, globally, the
number of people using shared sanitation
is growing: The number of users
has increased by 425 million since
1990 – increasing from 6 per cent of
the global population to 11 per cent in
20 years. In many countries, particularly
in crowded urban areas, shared
sanitation is the only viable option for
those wishing to avoid open defecation;
in rural areas, families often
keep costs down by sharing latrines
between one or more households with
family ties. A JMP task force on sanitation
is exploring the issue of shared
sanitation as part of its mandate.
Shared sanitation is predominantly an
urban phenomenon, and over 60 per
cent of people using this type of facility
live in urban areas (Figure 24).

Anyway it still is a great achievement, all credit goes to Awami league and Sheikh Hasina.

Did you see the report it has been growing steadily since 2003... so it has been achieved collectively. If any credit should be gone it should be to the people and then to all successive government.

See that is the reason why we Indian librated you with the help awami league from Pakistan army regime....You should thank us for giving you a good life.....

Dude get over yourself and your self esteem issues. If I have to open a thread for everything in which India is doing better than BD (and thats a much longer list) and then make idiotic comments, then I should atleast have shame enough not to constantly keep posting complaints about how Bdeshis post in India section.

Let alone saying congratulation I was expecting at least some appreciation by the Indian member for the achievement of Bangladesh. :lol:

Always good day come on the next day or some other day. Dnt be sad. Keep up your hard work. Within a decade I am sure India will reach what Bangladesh has achieved in this regard so far :).

You guys do realise that this is the first post in this thread? And then you guys talk about how Indians apparently troll on your threads, when you are the ones making such comments on an issue which has nothing to do with India...

You guys do realise that this is the first post in this thread? And then you guys talk about how Indians apparently troll on your threads, when you are the ones making such comments on an issue which has nothing to do with India...

That is because Indians are the always 1st to make comment negative on most of the thread. At that time a big number of Indian were lurking around the thread but none were even saying congratulation. Thats why I had to say it. As I said nothing to be sad or start trolling seeing some achievement of Bangladesh.

Access to fresh water is another big issue. Though we have 81% people access to fresh water but through pipe the number is low. We will have to increase it.

In the next twenty years there will be 100% connection to pipe water. For the present, the GoB has taken steps to send piped water to big four cities, Chittagong, Dhaka, Khulna and Rajshahi. After which all the (old) district Towns will come under this project. The piped water projects will then keep on extending to small municipalities and villages one after another. For now $21 billion has been allocated to these projects.

Not underground, but only surface water will be treated and distributed to all the households. Arsenic problem will be solved in this way. Tendering for Karnafuli Water Treatment Project (for Chittagong) has ben completed and the main Contractor has been selected.

In the next twenty years there will be 100% connection to pipe water. For the present, the GoB has taken steps to send piped water to big four cities, Chittagong, Dhaka, Khulna and Rajshahi. After which all the (old) district Towns will come under this project. The piped water projects will then keep on extending to small municipalities and villages one after another. For now $21 billion has been allocated to these projects.

Not underground, but only surface water will be treated and distributed to all the households. Arsenic problem will be solved in this way. Tendering for Karnafuli Water Treatment Project (for Chittagong) has ben completed and the main Contractor has been selected.

Do you have the source for that???

That is because Indians are the always 1st to make comment negative on most of the thread. At that time a big number of Indian were lurking around the thread but none were even saying congratulation. Thats why I had to say it. As I said nothing to be sad or start trolling seeing some achievement of Bangladesh.

Show me a thread where you have congratulated India on any achievement ( any thread) and I will show you Indians congratulating bangladesh on this very thread.

Back
Top Bottom