What's new

Bangladesh obtains 2nd position in sanitation coverage in South Asia: UNICE

Ok I did a thorough google search and couldn't find any result regarding this except some dubious portals. It seems to be another Awami digital deception as long as I don't get valid source.

According to UNICEF almost half Bangladeshi population didnt have access to basic sanitation back in 2008, that's the only thing I could find.

Ok I did a thorough google search and couldn't find any result regarding this except some dubious portals. It seems to be another Awami digital deception as long as I don't get valid source.

According to UNICEF almost half Bangladeshi population didnt have access to basic sanitation back in 2008, that's the only thing I could find.

Something is burning. I can smell that :lol:

http://www.unicef.org/media/files/JMPreport2012.pdf

Anyway for your info the thing that you were saying as 2008 data that is basically 2003 data :).

At the very least a Indian babu from that too kolkata shouldn't be talking about sanitation & toilets.:no:
The Hindu : Health / Policy & Issues :

Sixty per cent of the "global total" who do not have access to toilets live in India, and hence are forced to defecate in the open. In actual numbers, sixty per cent translates to 626 million.

The Hindu. if I am not wrong is one of the acclaimed dailies of India isn't it.

I think BSS is right, here is the data.
JMP > Welcome to the WHO & UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme: maps
sanitation coverage
Sri lanka : 92 %
Bangladesh: 56 %
pakistan : 48 %
afganistan : 37 %
India : 34 %

You did not counted shared toilet which is improved as well. In Bangladesh that is 35%. So in total it was 81%. Unimproved toilet is 15% and open defection is 4%.

In India open defection topped 51%. Thats a matter of real concern. Rural India mostly fall in this category where 76-100% people does not have sanitation facility but cities have 76-100% improved sanitation.

Bangladesh obtains 2nd position in sanitation coverage in South Asia: UNICEF/WHO

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)

DHAKA, Oct 3, 2012 (BSS) - With 81 percent people currently using healthy latrines, Bangladesh is now in second position in sanitation coverage in South Asia as an intensified campaign is underway to reach a national goal of cent percent coverage by next year.

Left over 19% is a huge number. We are please with the progress made but must not celebrate until 100% achieved. Remember access to proper sanitation is not luxury rather basic need. We must work harder to cover our entire population. :tup:

Left over 19% is a huge number. We are please with the progress made but must not celebrate until 100% achieved. Remember access to proper sanitation is not luxury rather basic need. We must work harder to cover our entire population. :tup:

Access to fresh water is another big issue. Though we have 81% people access to fresh water but through pipe the number is low. We will have to increase it.

Back
Top Bottom