What's new

Bangladesh Negotiating to Buy F-10 Fighter Planes

^^^ If people in BD fear India so much, then I wonder how we managed to get transit without flexing our muscles.

Anyway, the opinion in PDF from those who claim to be from Bangladesh and the Government of Bangladesh are poles apart.
:hitwall:

I understand and appreciate your positive intentions.

It is not about fear of India. Economic cooperation and national security are two different things.

As far as business goes, Bangladesh is one of the most liberal countries to invest in. The only problem is lack of energy, skilled human resources and infrastructure.

Good luck.

Question is do u care about Indian pressure?

Another question is should we care about Indian pressure? If yes, then why?

Additional question is do we need any SAM system in future or not? (It will be helpful for our airforce as experts say. only jet fighter will not work)

Last question is if we really need SAM system someday, why will not we buy? (Suppose we have money)

Care about Indian pressure? Not necessarily, but we should take note of them to see through its intentions. As they say, you could never be too careful. Especially in matters of national security.
And why should another country tell us what to buy or not? Even EU states buy their stuff without interference from others.
And we aren't a bad country like Libya or something to begin with.

We should always focus on keeping the procurement transaction of military equipment independent from interference from another country. National security matters should be taken more seriously and properly prioritized. Especially when it comes to countering sabotage and espionage activities which I believe has been going on for a very long time. Today's and yesterday's results speak for themselves.

And IF....IF we do succeed as a self-sufficient, secured and sovereign economy with a high human development index, and more to come; the next step would obviously be self-sufficiency in defense. Even a peaceful and a prosperous country like Thailand has a formidable military.
As they say: If you want peace, then prepare for war.

Do we need SAM in the future? Why yes. If one has no air-defense, then he is DEAD. Simple.

SAM is not exactly the appropriate term. More like a fully integrated strategic air-defense network is what we truly need. It is a feasible project in the long term. I have already mentioned this in my previous post in this thread. It is not only India, it could be anyone. So, we absolutely and positively need air-defense, and a good one at that. We will need it no matter what.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We also need to think about the power projection in world arena. Our interest no more lies only within our border but far beyond that. We are already in middle east and are going to Africa now. Once you have your economic interest grows elsewhere so does enemies. We need some sort of highly mobile military and naval instrument so the we could react to any event fast.

I do care about Indians less, let alone fear. They will pisss before going to war beyond their border..

there are going to be failures when a country tries to leap in to a complex scientific project like 4th gen jets. but again as much as we have become a butt of jokes, i would stronly urge bangladeshis to build an automobile before criticizing India's aircrafts.

Cars! Cars! We are building ships goddamit!!!!

there are going to be failures when a country tries to leap in to a complex scientific project like 4th gen jets. but again as much as we have become a butt of jokes, i would stronly urge bangladeshis to build an automobile before criticizing India's aircrafts.
LOL bangladesh makes alot of stuff which even you cant make.and by the way making a plane which cant fly and making no automobiles is the same thing i guess.stupidity makes people spend alot of money on making something which they cant while clever people wait the right moment

Its good that BD is stepping up to make sure their armed forces are ready to defend their nation ... but don't mind i seriously don't think that China will sell BD with theese f-10 ,fc-10 (J-10) at all just becuase the relations with India are so close with BD just my thought. Now i can forsure see some other aircrafts to BD maybe more f-7's or somthing else i also doubt China would sell thunders to BD and Pakistan would allow it for its best interest because once again BD relations are so close with India.

China understands BD-India relationship is superficial on commercial level only. There is a deep distrust of India among our military circles. Is not India the main reason that the aiforce needs to strengthen itself gradually while politicians keep on making a smiling face? It is not easy to penetrate into the avionics and other systems just by watching a plane's inside and outer look.

India is no genious in aeronotics and avionics. And it is plainly impossible for a low-tech india to do reverse engineering and rebuild a similar plane from scratches. They do not build even their own planes. Moreover, how India can take away one of our jets? India is certainly not a James Bond country. So, your fear is unfounded.

J-10s will be kept secret from the eyes of even common people. BD people are not informed about the secrets of the country's defense system. We just do not know where our airfoce or tank assets are located. Are they kept underground hangers? We do not have any idea. You will not probably find a single news in our local newspaper about any military purchases, except some naval machines. It is because these ships are so large that they cannot be hidden.

China understands BD-India relationship is superficial on commercial level only. There is a deep distrust of India among our military circles. Is not India the main reason that the aiforce needs to strengthen itself gradually while politicians keep on making a smiling face? It is not easy to penetrate into the avionics and other systems just by watching a plane's inside and outer look.

India is no genious in aeronotics and avionics. And it is plainly impossible for a low-tech india to do reverse engineering and rebuild a similar plane from scratches. They do not build even their own planes. Moreover, how India can take away one of our jets? India is certainly not a James Bond country. So, your fear is unfounded.

J-10s will be kept secret from the eyes of even common people. BD people are not informed about the secrets of the country's defense system. We just do not know where our airfoce or tank assets are located. Are they kept underground hangers? We do not have any idea. You will not probably find a single news in our local newspaper about any military purchases, except some naval machines. It is because these ships are so large that they cannot be hidden.

It is not civilians that will give the secrets away but elements within the BD military itself. Did India not successfully buy off Gen. Moin and rig the 2008 elections with the help of the army? Do you know how many military officers were in the pay of RAW during 1/11? I worked for DGFI and I know far better than you. You seem more and more ignorant of what is happening in Bangladesh these days.

Quite the logic, the fact that BAF pilots already have experience in Mig-29s obviously don't count.

BD has two squadrons of mig-29s and it has at least 60 pilots who have been trained to fly these. These two squadrons will remain with our airforce for a foreseeable future and new pilots will be trained as older ones will be retired. Now, instead of buying more migs, BD airforce is buying two more squadrons of F-7BG. So, there will be a total of 4 sq. of F-7BG. About J-10s, China will certainly train our pilots before they sell these to us.

Do you know how many military officers were in the pay of RAW during 1/11? I worked for DGFI and I know far better than you. You seem more and more ignorant of what is happening in Bangladesh these days.

---- deleted-----

Pakistan will ensure that no other noses are snooping around our Thunders :)

yes, it will be very good if Bangladesh inducts 2-3 squadrons of JF-17 Thunder. Bangladesh is doing well economically and it should flex its muscles a bit, especially given the fact that they also have trouble with some of their neighbours.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

by the way, the aircraft is called J-10. Export variant is called FC-20.

regards

It seems, BD airforce has decided not to purchase, at the moment, any jF-17. Instead it will buy 2 sq. of F-7BG from China. This aircraft is also known as poor man's F-16. It has BVR capabilities. So, before BD purchases its 4 or 4.5 gen aircrafts, F-7BGs and migs will remain its mainstay aircrafts. You cannot surely compare Jf-17 with J-10, isn't it?

If JF-17 is comparable to F-7BG, then it makes sense that BD buys the latter because it has already 2 sq. of these birds. No new training will be reqd with these. Now, about the roles this plane can undertake (from a blog):

F-7BG Multirole Fighter Aircraft
The F-7BG is a multirole BVR capable aircraft manufactured by Chengdu Aircraft Corporation, China. It was especially built to meet Bangladesh Air Force’s requirements for a cost-effective multi role fighter. It is said to be the most advanced version of the F-7 combat aircraft to date.

Development

Dubbed F-7BG, the fighter is capable of performing all weather, day/night air defence operations and ground attack with a new range of armaments and avionics that set it apart from the other F-7MBs that have been in service since 1989.

At present 16 F-7BGs are in the BAFs inventory and have been in service since 2006 though it intends to procure up to 70 more BVR-capable F-7BGs in total to strengthen its interception capabilities.

Compared to the older generation F-7MBs, the F-7BGs feature a large array of improvements as listed below.

Not again this is some 3rd thread.

There is going to be no J-10b/FC-20 before 2014 through 2017 for any other export customer except for PAF. End of transmission.

It is not civilians that will give the secrets away but elements within the BD military itself. Did India not successfully buy off Gen. Moin and rig the 2008 elections with the help of the army? Do you know how many military officers were in the pay of RAW during 1/11? I worked for DGFI and I know far better than you. You seem more and more ignorant of what is happening in Bangladesh these days.

You just got fired for exposing your identity,,, :lol:

Been on the forums for only a short while, have a VERY basic understanding of South Asian politics.(yes I know about '71). Who does Bangladesh consider thier most prominent security threat?

:what: :what:

Been on the forums for only a short while, have a VERY basic understanding of South Asian politics.(yes I know about '71). Who does Bangladesh consider thier most prominent security threat?

during our war of liberation one of our sector commander was asking his fellow comrade ""can you tell me who will be the biggest enemy of bangladesh after liberation ? seeing the comrade mum he replied India India will be the biggest enemy (threat ) for Independent Bangladesh""

so this is the reality we are uncomfortable with India from the day we liberated due to Indian big brother mentality and their unfriendly attitude toward us.

Back
Top Bottom