What's new

Bangladesh Negotiating to Buy F-10 Fighter Planes

Yeah, I was mentioning AESA since we were talking about fighters.

I think we all agree that without good air defense, we are dead.

But in todays war fare you cant protect your air defence system without having a strong air power. Just look at Libiya and Iraq, all air defence system were destroyed within few hours of operation.

So you need very good fighters so that no body can penetrate your air space as well as air defence system to back your fighters while in the sky.

But in todays war fare you cant protect your air defence system without having a strong air power. Just look at Libiya and Iraq, all air defence system were destroyed within few hours of operation.

So you need very good fighters so that no body can penetrate your air space as well as air defence system to back your fighters while in the sky.

Most fighters equipped with smart bomb which trace Air Defence Radar and guide them to destroy those installation. You turn on your radar, and you are dead.. :coffee:

Warfare is not based on one item.

It is the synergy of complementary items/ platforms.

bangladesh should buy chinese or any other friendly country apart from NATO AND US AND INDIA because all of the mentioned cant be tusted.making friendship with them is like making friendship with a snake who will bite you one day or the other

Trust is a two way thing, my friend. Please do not preach to other countries whom they should and should not trust. BD is a mature country, it can choose for itself.

This idiot son of a gun is again singing the same song. India has created BD? These b*stard ACCHYUTS do not even know how to fight and they wasted only 1300 troop lives in 1971. Now, this ACCHYUT is here claiming absurd things. You see, why BD people hate India and Indians! Not only the posters here but all the BD people dislike anything Indian.

You are a lot better poster than to resort to name calling. If India lost 1300 lives compared to Bengali's who died in millions and got raped in thousands, that shows professionalism of the Indian army. In matter of months they got the war to its logical conclusion. Nobody is denying the role played by mukti bahini in your freedom struggle. In fact Indian army owes a lot to these fighters to guide them along the way to Dhaka.

Most fighters equipped with smart bomb which trace Air Defence Radar and guide them to destroy those installation. You turn on your radar, and you are dead.. :coffee:

You mean Laser Guided Bomb or LGB as the smart bomb?

You are a lot better poster than to resort to name calling. If India lost 1300 lives compared to Bengali's who died in millions and got raped in thousands, that shows professionalism of the Indian army. In matter of months they got the war to its logical conclusion. Nobody is denying the role played by mukti bahini in your freedom struggle. In fact Indian army owes a lot to these fighters to guide them along the way to Dhaka.

It was not professionalism Mr. "my2cents." It was a kind of war politics waged by IA. It sent the Muktis to the front lines and let them take all the bullets. Muktis were killed and IA troops who were pounding with artillery from behind did not get killed. This is how only 1,300 IA troops were killed. With this kind of death figure Indians should not brag about 1971. It was we who gave the IA a victory.

It was not professionalism Mr. "my2cents." It was a kind of war politics waged by IA. It sent the Muktis to the front lines and let them take all the bullets. Muktis were killed and IA troops who were pounding with artillery from behind did not get killed. This is how only 1,300 IA troops were killed. With this kind of death figure Indians should not brag about 1971. It was we who gave the IA a victory.

I think the bold part is not exactly true. Surely it would have been difficult to force surrender without muktis softening the pakistanis in east, but the whole war was not only faught in east.
1. Before the commencement of war, India went around explaining the position, signed treaty with USSR
2. Made sure no problem in UN
3. Put pressure on western front
4. Decided to go for Dhaka instead of holding a piece of land and bargaining

Each of these are quite important. If you see from view of people who were running the show, you will know, muktis were pawns. They fought valiantly for sure(it is their homeland, their a** on fire), but they did not have capability to decide and change the course of events.

I don't know if you were a commander of the Mukhtis or something.

Armed with only WWII era rifles and grenades along with poor training, they were really no match against the armed forces of Pakistan. The Mukhtis didn't have any tanks or aircraft and such. It would be natural for them to take many casualties.

I have read about former Liberation war fighters who now lead very miserable lives. That my friend says a lot.

You mean Laser Guided Bomb or LGB as the smart bomb?

Not laser guided but Radar guided. It works the same way when a fighter pilot locks another fighter with Radar and shoot the missile. But in this case the radar signal that is used were emitted from the target itself.

In a laser guided bomb a manual involvement is requied as somebody has to beem the laser to the target on the ground. Laser guided bombs are most precise and are used against the target located inside civilian area.

The BAF would definitely need one of these ;)

kj2000awacsresized.jpg

KJ-2000 AWACS (i.e. Airborne Warning and Control System)

Thanks to Martian2 for posting in China forum.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/110398-chinas-top-ten-high-tech-weapons-list-3.html

Not laser guided but Radar guided. It works the same way when a fighter pilot locks another fighter with Radar and shoot the missile. But in this case the radar signal that is used were emitted from the target itself.

You mean anti radiation missiles?

Back
Top Bottom