What's new

Bangladesh Negotiating to Buy F-10 Fighter Planes

so what do we have diwali crackers??? ... do you think Indians will not fight to die??... Just we are peace loving nation means .... we wont be idle .... we will also strike with terror incase our centimeter of land is under fire...

*yawn* :lazy:

Perhaps you should have a look at the behavior of your fellow country-men in this thread before having outbursts patriotism.

so what do we have diwali crackers??? ... do you think Indians will not fight to die??... Just we are peace loving nation means .... we wont be idle .... we will also strike with terror incase our centimeter of land is under fire...

Cheers! Good to hear you will give your life to save your country. India needs more of your kind.

No AC for BD until PAF allows. If china agrees to give J-10 to BD, it will be inferior to PAF version.

No AC for BD until PAF allows. If china agrees to give J-10 to BD, it will be inferior to PAF version.

wrong china is smart enough to know abut there secrets. i am 100% sure if they feel BD will give Indians j-10 for tests they will never ever give a single j-10 to BD .

wrong china is smart enough to know abut there secrets. i am 100% sure if they feel BD will give Indians j-10 for tests they will never ever give a single j-10 to BD .

BD is the 2nd biggest buyer of Chinese weaponeries.. Its not our idea but Chinese are trying to sell J-10, ofcourse when it is ready.

If China can sell to Pakistan knowing USA are all over Pakistan, from ISI to Nuclear bomb, they will certainly not going to be afraid of India being in Bangladesh.

don't buy the cheap stuff, when f-16 or even highly potent mig-35's are open for sales... f-10 , jf-17 are unproven and unreliable.... i would suggest Rafaele or EF tycoon but the price tag is too much...

Good LUCK to Bangladesh

don't buy the cheap stuff, when f-16 or even highly potent mig-35's are open for sales... f-10 , jf-17 are unproven and unreliable.... i would suggest Rafaele or EF tycoon but the price tag is too much...

Good LUCK to Bangladesh

Chinese fighters have a very good track record, dont think they are like Chinese Toys selling on the street. We are very happy with the F-7BG, they served and outlived original Mig-21 that we got directly from Russia.

I recommended excess F-16s from the USAF under some form of arrangement. It would interesting to see what the Americans use, and perhaps develop avionics ourselves which may possibly be superior to the originals.

Other than Hasina bitchin about Yunus, we don't have any major issues with the USA.

F-16s are good in the long term.

We have many good engineers and mathematicians in Bangladesh, but sadly many of them are abroad :undecided: and many of them don't even join the military.

Chinese fighters have a very good track record, dont think they are like Chinese Toys selling on the street. We are very happy with the F-7BG, they served and outlived original Mig-21 that we got directly from Russia.

Mig-35 are lethal machines, only reason India didn't want them is because they don't want all Russian Platform... Mig-35 is around only 35 milion at max!! More bang for your buck!! With top of the line tech, Aesa, TV engines, might even offer TOT

1) I endorse what Iajdani says in post #201. I would like to say some words about jf-17 here. jF-17 is a joint project under license from China and developed in Pakistan. But, this is not a Pakistani plane. As far as what I have heard, Pakistan cannot sell this plane directly to any foreign country unless the sell is authorized by China.

2) Another point. Even if BD chooses to buy jf-17, it will certainly purchase it from China direct. China sells us many kinds of weapons at a very concession rates, which Pakistan cannot. China understands our purse is not heavy with dollars, but our defence needs are vital for our survival and the region's. I am not sure about F-10 whether China will finally sell it to us or not. But, we need this aicraft in order to take the fight deep inside the enemy's territory, because offence may be a good defence.

Mig-35 are lethal machines, only reason India didn't want them is because they don't want all Russian Platform... Mig-35 is around only 35 milion at max!! More bang for your buck!! With top of the line tech, Aesa, TV engines, might even offer TOT

initialy cheap to buy, then they scr*w you when it comes to support. We already bought those mig 29s and had very bad experience dealing with the russians. As for TOT, why would we need it are we planning to make/assemble them?

The mig 35 is basicly a supped up mig 29, 70s tech...it is bad decision to buy russian, better to purchase from an reliable supplier (china or US).

initialy cheap to buy, then they scr*w you when it comes to support. We already bought those mig 29s and had very bad experience dealing with the russians. As for TOT, why would we need it are we planning to make/assemble them?

The mig 35 is basicly a supped up mig 29, 70s tech...it is bad decision to buy russian, better to purchase from an reliable supplier (china or US).

This is why I don't recommend buying any Russian equipment. Those Russians don't know how to do business.

While the Chinese are reliable suppliers, apparently, the J-10B do not have AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array), still uses PESA (Passive Electronically Scanned Array).
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/108939-j-10b-equip-aesa-radar.html

BAF should aim for aircraft that have AESA. This one important step that it would have to take to become a world-class air force.

There is a reason why I am insistent on the F-16. It is a robust jet, good technology, easily available, reliable and a cost-effective aircraft. It is better to have a small number of good aircraft with which BAF can familiarize with, rather than having large numbers of cheap aircraft.

And even if the Chinese jets have AESA, they will be a limited option - guaranteed.

Bangladesh should aim for self-sufficiency within its military industry. Western know-how would be a good thing.

This is why I don't recommend buying any Russian equipment. Those Russians don't know how to do business.

While the Chinese are reliable suppliers, apparently, the J-10B do not have AESA (Active Electronically Scanned Array), still uses PESA (Passive Electronically Scanned Array).
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-defence/108939-j-10b-equip-aesa-radar.html

BAF should aim for aircraft that have AESA. This one important step that it would have to take to become a world-class air force.

There is a reason why I am insistent on the F-16. It is a robust jet, good technology, easily available, reliable and a cost-effective aircraft. It is better to have a small number of good aircraft with which BAF can familiarize with, rather than having large numbers of cheap aircraft.

And even if the Chinese jets have AESA, they will be a limited option - guaranteed.

Bangladesh should aim for self-sufficiency within its military industry. Western know-how would be a good thing.

AESA radars are mainly very important for ground based air defence system which are prone to Jamming by overwhelming air power. But for fighters this has limited use. Your oppenent will be busy locking your tail and saving his a$$ instead jamming your radar.

AESA radars are mainly very important for ground based air defence system which are prone to Jamming by overwhelming air power. But for fighters this has limited use. Your oppenent will be busy locking your tail and saving his a$$ instead jamming your radar.

Yeah, I was mentioning AESA since we were talking about fighters.

I think we all agree that without good air defense, we are dead.

Back
Top Bottom