What's new

Bangladesh Navy

4000 tons are big.

Well - after 2500 ton Bangabandhu class, the new lead-class ship of the Navy (heavy frigate) should have some desirable advanced features, such as,
  1. Stealth characteristics with single-mast electronics antenna array,
  2. Advanced vertical launch systems (VLS) capable of housing various types of missiles in modular packs,
  3. Relatively longer-range missiles than we have currently,
  4. Considerable combat command and control coordination capability using a datalink fabric, and
  5. Helicopter, Marine-rover and Recce/patrol/rescue/interdiction mission capability using RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat) deployment.
4000 tons is minimum weight class to accommodate such features. There will be at least two (or possibly more) built. Of course we can hope for some minimal AEGIS type antenna features (given that the first Chinese AEGIS ship was built in 2003), but let's not get unrealistic here. :-)

Last edited:
Well - after 2500 ton Bangabandhu class, the new lead-class ship of the Navy (heavy frigate) should have some desirable advanced features, such as,
  2. Advanced vertical launch systems (VLS) capable of housing various types of missiles in modular packs,
  4. Considerable combat command and control coordination capability using a datalink fabric, and
  5. Helicopter, Marine-rover and Recce/patrol/rescue/interdiction mission capability using RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat) deployment.
4000 tons is minimum weight class to accommodate such features. There will be at least two (or possibly more) built. Of course we can hope for some minimal AEGIS type antenna features (goven that the first Chinese AEGIS ship was built in 2003), but let's not get unrealistic here. :-)

good point this..... Bangladesh is currently taking more responsible position in the Indian Ocean region.... for that, BN needs to develop its capabilities in different areas.... one of them is air defence in deep sea...

it is possible that the first ships of such a program may not be built here, as the shipyards are not yet complete... may be a program similar to Durjoy-class and Type 056 would be followed.... first two being built abroad, and the rest locally....

good point this..... Bangladesh is currently taking more responsible position in the Indian Ocean region.... for that, BN needs to develop its capabilities in different areas.... one of them is air defence in deep sea...

it is possible that the first ships of such a program may not be built here, as the shipyards are not yet complete... may be a program similar to Durjoy-class and Type 056 would be followed.... first two being built abroad, and the rest locally....
They will be built here.
But i am afraid Hasina is signing MOU between Chittagong Dry Dock and Hindustan Electric. Radar may come from India like how Indians injected themselves in Myanmar frigate program.
I hope I am wrong.

Since the future frigates are likely to be custom designed, that may run parallel to other 500-1500 ton programs. Currently shipyard at Narayanganj and Khulna are building ships for Navy with the upcoming Chittagong DryDock and the future one at Payra we will surely attain good capacity in this regard.

They will be built here.
But i am afraid Hasina is signing MOU between Chittagong Dry Dock and Hindustan Electric. Radar may come from India like how Indians injected themselves in Myanmar frigate program.
I hope I am wrong.

lets hope so....

Since the future frigates are likely to be custom designed, that may run parallel to other 500-1500 ton programs. Currently shipyard at Narayanganj and Khulna are building ships for Navy with the upcoming Chittagong DryDock and the future one at Payra we will surely attain good capacity in this regard.

frigates and corvettes would have to built at new facilities because of draft issues.... new facilities at Joymonirkhol, Payra and CDDL would be the shipyards of choice for different shipbuilding programs.... as those facilities are yet to be completed, its more probable that yard building and initial units of new ship class building would go in parallel...

I have received a warning from the moderator named The Eagle that I insulted Pakistan/Pakistani by calling them savages and racist during a tit for tat conservation. Interestingly that thread was all about throwing dirt and I replied when some **** insulted by motherland using abusive words.
Anyway yesterday the very same moderator deleted my massages implying similar staff. If he really had such a thing that thread, he could have just closed it. Also whenever similar dirty exchanges between Indians and us happens I hardly see any moderator nearby! He is a **** himself and that irritates him, understandable. But two different treatment for similar situations, not buying it.
Anyway I have decided to leave this forum as I believe it is failing to serve the purpose. I also see many elements of pure Racism persist here from the forum administrators. All the Best for Everybody. This is rome333. THANK YOU.

I have received a warning from the moderator named The Eagle that I insulted Pakistan/Pakistani by calling them savages and racist during a tit for tat conservation. Interestingly that thread was all about throwing dirt and I replied when some **** insulted by motherland using abusive words.
Anyway yesterday the very same moderator deleted my massages implying similar staff. If he really had such a thing that thread, he could have just closed it. Also whenever similar dirty exchanges between Indians and us happens I hardly see any moderator nearby! He is a **** himself and that irritates him, understandable. But two different treatment for similar situations, not buying it.
Anyway I have decided to leave this forum as I believe it is failing to serve the purpose. I also see many elements of pure Racism persist here from the forum administrators. All the Best for Everybody. This is rome333. THANK YOU.
follow me, hint: check my signature :D

4000 tons is minimum weight class to accommodate such features. There will be at least two (or possibly more) built. Of course we can hope for some minimal AEGIS type antenna features (given that the first Chinese AEGIS ship was built in 2003), but let's not get unrealistic here. :-)

BNS Bangabandhu is a flag ship of BN, then after getting these 4000 ton frigate which will be the flag ship. becoz this one is looking advance features then BNS BB.

BNS Bangabandhu is a flag ship of BN, then after getting these 4000 ton frigate which will be the flag ship. becoz this one is looking advance features then BNS BB.
Ofc the new one will be...
Unless BN decides to go by the tradition of retiring the flagship for the new one!

Back
Top Bottom