What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Where Pakistan got the F-22P ? :P we can get that direct

I think we can upgrade our F-15 and f-17 with replacing the cannon in back with a helipad and possibly with CIWS what you guys think ?

But getting 3 Agosta-90Bs from PN was a better idea in over all. You had money in 2005 and still have money, which you could have utilize to gain 3 new Agosta-90Bs in 5 years time from KS&EWs.

I realize some comments are being made here half-jokingly. However naval warfare is conducted being reliant on coordinated systems, such as reconnaissance (radar), offense (missiles, torpedo, depth charges) and defensive measures. One or two ships does not a flotilla (or navy) make. So who got the latest shiny bathtub or what's in it doesn't really matter...if its not part of a offensive or defensive system. One well-placed torpedo is all it takes to sink a destroyer, much less these frigates....

Then your country Navy need some more proper MPA/ASW aircraft, more proper frigate, more proper Submarine , more proper ASW helicopter, more proper Combat Management System, more proper integrated radar coverage surveillance system to make yours a one full fledged Navy

Exercise Sea Thunder 2014 ended on 17 February 2014

a-ship-fires-missile.jpg

anti-ship missiles were fired from Type 024 missile boats BNS Uttal (P8141) and BNS Durbar (P8111).... for the first time this year, surface to air missiles were launched at a target drone from BNS Bangabandhu ..... rocket depth charge (RDC) firing were also carried out from the frigate BNS Nirmul and BNS Durjoy.....

Uttal was delivered in 1992 and Durbar, in 1983.... I wasn't even sure these ships were active, let alone being able to fire missiles!!

and this is interesting..... “As part of the move, two submarines will join its fleets by 2015. Besides, two modern frigates are being built in China while two others in the country,” Prime minister’s security adviser Major-Gen (Retd) Tarique Ahmed Siddique said.

perhaps T A Siddique was referring to the Type 056 corvettes being built in China.... and this is the first time a government source confirmed construction of frigates in Bangladesh....

a-ship-fires-missile-1.jpg

Last edited:
yea they are very strong sounds like after heard that we wasted our lungis :) , still waiting for another chance like bob clash so we can gain some extra land from myanmar :)
I am not getting what you are trying to say??

^^^^ it is said 2019 but i wonder whither that two will be brand new or refurbish from Chinese navy ??

Exercise Sea Thunder 2014 ended on 17 February 2014

a-ship-fires-missile.jpg

anti-ship missiles were fired from Type 024 missile boats BNS Uttal (P8141) and BNS Durbar (P8111).... for the first time this year, surface to air missiles were launched at a target drone from BNS Bangabandhu ..... rocket depth charge (RDC) firing were also carried out from the frigate BNS Nirmul and BNS Durjoy.....

Uttal was delivered in 1992 and Durbar, in 1983.... I wasn't even sure these ships were active, let alone being able to fire missiles!!

and this is interesting..... “As part of the move, two submarines will join its fleets by 2015. Besides, two modern frigates are being built in China while two others in the country,” Prime minister’s security adviser Major-Gen (Retd) Tarique Ahmed Siddique said.

perhaps T A Siddique was referring to the Type 056 corvettes being built in China.... and this is the first time a government source confirmed construction of frigates in Bangladesh....

a-ship-fires-missile-1.jpg
so 2+2 is confirmed

it is said 2015, not 2019 and it will be refurbished. Anyway by 2020, BN will have 4 subs

i hear its the Ming class subs?

Bangladesh has to be getting more than just the subs. after-all the Mings are fairly obsolete. Im thinking subs, full TOT, operation support. even if the subs are old, it bring an entire industry with it. otherwise it would make much more sense to get song/yuan class subs

i hear its the Ming class subs?

Bangladesh has to be getting more than just the subs. after-all the Mings are fairly obsolete. Im thinking subs, full TOT, operation support. even if the subs are old, it bring an entire industry with it. otherwise it would make much more sense to get song/yuan class subs
its Type035G ming subs . BD also has plan to purchase Yuan class subs

it is said 2015, not 2019 and it will be refurbished. Anyway by 2020, BN will have 4 subs
well, I won't get too excited right now.... but lets see.... the progress in terms of hardware acquisition of late had been faster than anything we're seen before.... so, its not unrealistic to think of anything....

but I still don't get it why a refurbished sub would take two years to deliver.... :O

so 2+2 is confirmed
it seems so.... officially... for the first time....

also, on the drone point..... the Naval Chief said that the Navy can now make as many of the drones as they wish.... each target drone costs around Tk 100,000, whereas each imported target done used to cost Tk 15 million!!

নৌবাহিনীর বার্ষিক মহড়া : মিসাইলের আগুনে রঙিন বঙ্গোপসাগর – The Daily Suprobhat Bangladesh

Last edited:
a very important consideration..... most people are so obsessed with weapons systems that they forget the need for electronics.... remember that a blind man cannot defend himself.....

we still don't have any specific knowledge about the new weapons and electronics fit on the BNS Somudra Joy (F28)..... this ship didn't have a sonar while it served the USCG..... so, it had ZERO anti-submarine capability..... has there been any improvement in this area?..... anyone with any specific lead can post...

BNS-Somudra-Joy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom