What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I'd have to say, the Type 056 Corvette look very good.
8220581388_a057f0ff8e_z.jpg

IMO, one the best looking along with the RSS Formidable class of Singapore.

Details of the ship here:
Type 056 Jiangdao Class Corvette China Chinese Navy PLAN Guided Missile Light Frigate Bengbu CSSC China State Shipbuilding Corporation datasheet pictures photos video specifications

He was speaking about Ming(subs)

Well, that was pretty fail :lol:

Type 056 Jiangdao Class Corvette China Chinese Navy PLAN Guided Missile Light Frigate Bengbu CSSC China State Shipbuilding Corporation datasheet pictures photos video specifications

no idea why China is going for those though. It works for countries like us but India, Turkey and countries like that uses corvette weighing 3k+ tons.

Btw ours ones are having hangars too, so its gonna weigh more and be longer :yahoo:

Well, that was pretty fail :lol:

Real sexy stuff...really Chinese proved themselves by type 056 corvette and type 022 (Hubei class) fast attack missile boat. I was once reading a comparative western article on type 022, it really praised Chinese for this missile boat and put China ahead of USA on FACM boats.

no idea why China is going for those though. It works for countries like us but India, Turkey and countries like that uses corvette weighing 3k+ tons.

Btw ours ones are having hangars too, so its gonna weigh more and be longer :yahoo:

China probably designed type 056 considering crazy East China sea, once I read an article on every pros and cons of it..sorry can't give you the link at this moment. It's going to work perfectly on BoB. Weight always doesn't matter, it has the capability to work as a frigate.

This stealth Corvette for supply to BN wil be 10m longer than the usual 100m, and this extra length will be used to acomodate a hanger for another Heli. Am I right? Weight will be higher accordingly. But, the western observers are placing no importance to the weight matter. They are highly emphasizing its stealth capability.

AMI report also says the submarine purchase budget is a staggering $1 billion and BN will buy two other units of NEW YUAN class (probably) Submarines. The two Songs will be off the shelf, though. Anway, our dreams are all coming true, it seems.

This stealth Corvette for supply to BN wil be 10m longer than the usual 100m, and this extra length will be used to acomodate a hanger for another Heli. Am I right? Weight will be higher accordingly. But, the western observers are placing no importance to the weight matter. They are highly emphasizing its stealth capability.

I personally don't find stealth that much impressive. It may only help to get the first hit at best, then the stealth cover goes off. So length and weight does matter at a point. More the teeth, more the chances of winning. but then again, i am no expert :D

AMI report also says the submarine purchase budget is a staggering $1 billion and BN will buy two other units of NEW YUAN class (probably) Submarines. The two Songs will be off the shelf, though. Anway, our dreams are all coming true, it seems.

I think it is pretty obvious that this submarine procurement program had been there for a long time. Long before anyone in public ever realized that Bangladesh is going for submarines.

I personally don't find stealth that much impressive. It may only help to get the first hit at best, then the stealth cover goes off. So length and weight does matter at a point. More the teeth, more the chances of winning. but then again, i am no expert :D

You like battleships? :lol:

Those are outdated dear. Low observable ships are the future.

I dunno India. But Turkey has to obey NSC's classifications. Both Turkey's and India's stealth corvettes have hangars, supply facilities and IAR capability. ;)

that's how we have to do;

2,000-3,000 tonnes Corvette

3,000-6,500 tonnes Frigate

6,500-10,000 tonnes Destroyer

10,000- and higher tonnes Cruiser :)

Back
Top Bottom