What's new

Bangladesh Navy

i do not know much, you are army personnel so you know better, all i know is that Z-9c is chinese production of Eurocopter AS565 Panther under license. :)

i know, even it's classified as utility, it's a ASW. That's why I said that, sth like eurocopter puma or seahawk would be good. And as you know I hate army, but the NAVY :)

i know, even it's classified as utility, it's a ASW. That's why I said that, sth like eurocopter puma or seahawk would be good. And as you know I hate army, but the NAVY :)

Bangladesh buying four AS332 Super Puma from Indonesia for Cost Guard.

150452_423018901125469_1538163991_n.jpg

BANGLADESH NAVY SWADS MEMBER DURING TRAINING

110920-N-VP123-138.jpg

CHITTAGONG, Bangladesh (Sept. 20, 2011) - A Bangladesh Navy diver gets suited up for a training dive in a pool, while U.S. Navy divers look on, as part of Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Bangladesh 2011. CARAT 2011 is a series of bilateral exercises held annually in Southeast Asia to strengthen relationships and enhance force readiness. (U.S. Navy photo by Lt. Cmdr. Mike Morley/Released)

ahaha you call 2,400ton as corvette , we call it frigate :omghaha:, we are doing this to our old ships :D

according to BN modernization plan , it looks like BN will have 11 frigates by 2020. 8 new frigate will join BN and 2 from current fleet will be decommissioned.
So you mean BNS Bangabandhu and BNS Umar Farooq will be decommisioned? And these 8 new frigates are from China I bet...

So you mean BNS Bangabandhu and BNS Umar Farooq will be decommisioned? And these 8 new frigates are from China I bet...

No BNS Abu Bakar and BNS Ali Haider

Hello @M.H.J. after long time, how are you bro ? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

This AMI report is the most elaborate I hve a so far on the BN inductions.

A) I have read that type 056 Corvettes are stealth. Two will be purchsed, but two more of this Corvettes will be built in KSY. Like others, I was only hoping something like this SHOULD happen, but I was not really expecting this so soon. So, our dream will be materialized shortly. STEALTH CORVETTES!!!!!!

B) AMI is still verifying which of the Korean Corvette types will be inducted by the BN. But, two units will be inducted.

C) I thought BN has designated these two FACs as Large Patrol Craft. But, are they not missile fitted?

D) I thought or it was reported before that KSY will bring out only a total of 5 units of 50m Patrol Boats. But, it is 25 units in total.

There are so many other points contained in this informaive news. The most imporant information is about the type of submarines. Two will be Song class, and not Ming class as many have here forecast earlier. Thanks @Banglar Lathial for sending the post. This post has answered many questions that remained unanswered for many months.

However, Uncle Sam is saving its face by selling BN only one Corvette. Does the big Uncle think, this will bring love in BD for America, and BD will provide a berthing facility for USN ships? USA must sweeten its smile by making a large contribution to our defence. A tiny ship is not enough!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sources continue to state that the BN will procure diesel-electric attack submarines (SSK) from China. The latest
information suggests that up to US$1B has been provided for the program. AMI believes that two used Chinese Song
class SSKs could be the candidates for this program. Bangladesh is reportedly training submarine crews in Turkey.
Assuming that the US$1B funding figure is correct, this could entail the purchase of two used Song class followed
by two new construction submarines after 2020, possibly the Yuan class.

Please....let this be true...I don't want my tax money wasted on some outdated Mings! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom