What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Corvette start around 850 ton (really FAC on steroids). The 2000-3000 ton bracket is more appropriatel considered 'light frigate' . Frigates have tended to be 3000-4500 but in recent years the upper bracket has shifted to about 6,500 ton.

Singaporean Victory class corvette
Displacement: 595 t (586 long tons; 656 short tons)

Thai Ratanakosin class
Displacement: 840 tons (normal), 960 tons (full load)

Saudi Badr class
Displacement: 1038 tons

South Korea Donghae-class corvette
Displacement: 1,076 tonnes (1,059 long tons; 1,186 short tons)

Singaporean Victory class corvette
Displacement: 595 t (586 long tons; 656 short tons)

Thai Ratanakosin class
Displacement: 840 tons (normal), 960 tons (full load)

Saudi Badr class
Displacement: 1038 tons

South Korea Donghae-class corvette
Displacement: 1,076 tonnes (1,059 long tons; 1,186 short tons)

------------ and the type 056 Corvett displacement is 1300ton when it is 100m long. For our 110m long Corvette the displacment may be somewhere near 1400 DWT, I guess.

What that? :hang2:
540158_10151544559973970_805130000_n.jpg

I just found it on the map.That's weird.
It's approximately 14.8m long,wingspan 13.9m.What kind of plane do you think it is??

Clearly, role and capability have always been decisive factors. Thus e.g. in WW2 you see frigates/DE's being developed as follow ons to corvettes, and these are about in the same rough displacement category, but fullfill different roles and bring different capabilities to the fleet. Incidentally, tonnage is used by e.g. Forecasting International and journals like Armada International. This is logical in the sense that greater capabilities and endurance tend to lead to bigger ships.

Also, don't forget politics: if your aim is to posture to external foes, a frigate may well be labelled a destroyer. However, when building new ships in austere times, a destroyer may well be labelled frigate.

Armada International, iirc. There used to be something along these lines from Forcasting International as well.

i see, so whic countries are depended on Armada Int. Tonnage dis. ?

I just found it on the map.That's weird.
It's approximately 14.8m long,wingspan 13.9m.What kind of plane do you think it is??

Hope, this is not in one of the weak countries like Bangladesh. If it is not, then it may be an American DRONE plane.

Hope, this is not in one of the weak countries like Bangladesh. If it is not, then it may be an American DRONE plane.

It is beside Hazi Malek Matabbor Shikkhaloy and Brac Bank ATM.....seems like Bangladesh to me!:D It's Purbachal road.....the size of the plane is slightly bigger than a MQ1 Predator....But that's a bit of an odd place to keep a 'drone' the path around the field leads directly to the main road.It apperently has a cocpit and two engines below the wing @kobiraaz bhai could you get some info on this weird plane in the middle of nowhere for us??:P

Last edited by a moderator:
no idea why China is going for those though. It works for countries like us but India, Turkey and countries like that uses corvette weighing 3k+ tons.

Btw ours ones are having hangars too, so its gonna weigh more and be longer :yahoo:

Chinese coastline 2 times longer than india,we need enough units to Control china east sea and china south sea.
There are about 1000+ navy ships around of china,half of them belong Non-friendly countries ,like US,Japan and vietnam.
We need keep a big navy and we have 100+ Type 037 class Series need to replace.No Country have enough money to replace them by bigger ships. It big enough to patrol china south sea and powerful than fast attract vessel ,opv and gun boat. We can complete all of 40 type 056 before end of 2015,we cant do same thing with a 3000ton one.
So a cheaper and powerful 056 is our best choose.

40 type 056 can effective control the surrounding waters ,and free our main fleet from patrols.

USS Cutter took part in the rescue of fishermen who were killed by pirates.. I saw Cutter in that mission in the tv. Anybody else saw that?

Absolutely brilliant modification. BD really knows how to squeeze as much as possible into a hundred million dollar ship.

I guess one of the helicopters will be for anti-submarine/ship warfare and the other could be used as search and rescue

I believe both will have ASW, search & rescue and combat capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom